Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Dadalius`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well to start things off, Hello! My firstname is Cole, and nice to meet who ever reads this over! I can be very out going, but in the same breath I can be as shy as a plum, which doesn't make sense but that's beyond the point. I am pretty silent for the most part, but if I see something that strikes my interest and/or is a little intriguing I am all up in it.

I like to free style rap, play racket sports i.e. Badminton, Ping pong (Haha) and much more. As for my inside life, I like to ®ole (P)lay on World of Warcraft and G.T.A.:S.A.-M.P. (Preferably WoW). I enjoy a nice chat that isn't about say, my grades or the weather, something that both parties enjoy, it's a little lame if I am the only one into it. But if it's one of my favourite hobbies then I personally don't care haha! Hopefully I fit right in, or have a small little place which is suitable in this community.

A con of mine however, I admit is I can be a little immature when it comes to arguements that I some how draw myself into. And I am a bit of a hypocrit!

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I come from Canada (eh?), Alberta. In a small little cozy town. My primary language is English. I don't speak anything else, but I am learning French, Bulgarian and Phillipien. (Not quite sure if I spelt those last couple correctly).

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Funny story actually, I had heard about the acronym "WoW" when it was only existing for about a year, the following year I just happened to stumble apon the South Park episode based on it, which I loved and still do by the way.

Not to long after, my older Brother got the game for his birthday, and I was quite young at the time and I enjoyed to watch other people play games, at the time I never even heard of games you could buy for the PC, and the World of Warcraft stunned me. My next door neighbor and I both agreed to conjure up some cash to get WoW, myself being the first to get it he got it about a month after, but this story isn't about my neighbor. Immediatly when I entered WoW I felt a connection with my first character, and I was in to it. With in the first five minutes, I was addicted, and I have enjoyed the addiction for five some odd years.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
A friend of mine, Aranthios, or Zytan you might be more familiar with, mentioned it to me. I checked the forums out, read over the rules, freshened up on my WoW lore and I was ready to join. I just have never had the time to do an Application up till now.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy almost everything, however I hate memory loss, that is my biggest WoW RP pet peeve. I had to clear that up before I explained my favourites.

1. Relaxed, Tavern/Inn Role Play. With a few bar fights on the side, hopefully of which I am not involved in.

2. Dangerous, exploration or inflintration. I like the Role Play because it's a game that cannot be reset, and I am into it, knowing that my characters life is on the line every beating moment and let me tell you I've lost plenty of characters, three or four to be exact. I also don't mind Outlaw RP, as it kinda fits into this category. On the same breath I enjoy Law Enforcement, I think I like a bit of everything.

3. As wierd, stupid, or how ever you may view it I enjoy World of Warcraft RP relationships, wether if it's being with a friend, or someone whom your character falls in love with, resulting in some more Adult related content which I don't mind either, just putting that out there. It flatters me when a character of mine get's a succesful love life, on a side of being what ever he is, or does.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I understand it is not allowed, but my favourite NON-Playable race is a High Elf, immediatly most would think "Eww I'm done reading" but, I enjoy it for valid reasons, nor do I RP a High Elf as a snotty Human. Seconed, I figure I shall fit it in with this paragraph, is the Hydromancer, a NON-Playable class, which I hoped was on the prestige list but that's okay, I have alternatives.

Now, otherwise my favourite playable Race, not having the lore to back up my decision, would be the Blood Elf. I am not to fond with their addiction to Fel and Arcane and what ever they are with, I do not enjoy reading it, it just doesn't fit my fancy, but I still like to RP as one at times.

I find that I enjoy to RP the classes of which I love to PVP in, I would be a resedential hardcore retail PVPer if I am accepted. I enjoy the Paladin, Mage, Warrior and Rogue. I also like leveling a Warlock, but that's simply just a (lol) reason, they are funny to me, but I will never RP one.

So to sum it up:
Non Playable Race: High Elf.
Playable Race: Blood Elf.
Non Playable Class: Hydromancer.
Playable Class: Paladin. (My #1 choice of the 4.)

((I hope High Elves are enabled at some point, but that will be some time wont it? Or never perhaps. /shrug))

What are your expectations of this server?:
From what I have heared, possibly over exaggeratedly spoken, I expect quite alot. (With no selfishness intended) I hear this is one of the most professional servers around, I have a personal issue with spelling errors but, I hope that will not effect my RP experience here. I trust that everyone has some professionality, but it's quite alright if they don't. I just hope I get what I came for! Entertainment.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I vouch, approve, and love the following;
1. No God Modding/Meta Gaming/Power Gaming.
2. The Guard Rules/Policies.

However one does confuse me a little, there was a rule mentioned on drugs and how they are not to be spoken of but I am not sure if Alchohol and Tobacco fall under that category, with that being said I will not mention either, in game or on the forums other then just now. I'll play assuming they arien't allowed.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Dadalius Sylandrel, pale to the bone Blood Elven male walks into a local tavern standing at about 6'0 in height with the intention to greet and old friend, only to stumble apon a bar fuss in the process, the Bar Tender no where to be seen. His blue woven robes hide the shivvering content of his body, as some of the people involved are quite strong. The younger ones, or less strong presumably more intimidated stormed out the door, his hair almost thrown into the air by the after effects, he notices a Orc staring at him with a murderous dumbfounded eye.

"No I didn't take your Ale!" Dadalius's instant reaction to a angry Bar Orc yelled, as he followed the rest of the group's actions, and simply put, booked it.

The Orc fell to his knees, passing out on impact. He was too bloody out of his mind on alchohol's influence to realize what Dadalius even looked like! Or to know if he was even there, just staring at the people who ran out...

Dadalius paused for a moment, whipping out a hankerchief out of his robes, quickly popping it on his watery-eyes from his prior training earlier that morning. He was quite the early bird and would head out with his Water Scrying bowl to practice his arts of the water element. Hydromancy for short. ((Or in this case, learning the arts of the Frost Mage)). He was quite shooken up, and decided maybe today's not the best day to stop by and say hi to a good old friend.

...The Bar Tender exited the back room with the Orc's ordered drink, noticing the change in the enviroment. Benches pushed onto the floor, broken glass, and a big, bulk, mean looking green being on the floor, who had previously orderd what the Bar Tender prepared. He set the drink on the counter, collecting the Orc's change, and plucked the coins into the counter, slipping his tip into his pantaloons. He took a brief whiff of the air, and decided it was best for him to leave as well, out the back door.

In a strange end of events, it turns out that they had all left the tavern for a reason that is a box you will have to open yourself. Try sitting next to a big, gassy hammered Orc.

((OOC Short: Dadalius walks in, Orc farts, everyones out. If it didn't make any sense.))

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Hmm, to clarify, I mean well and I came to join with good intentions, if I came off as maybe a bit of a snob, or had alot of spelling mistakes I am sorry.

Another thing, I am not quite sure my story will make sense, but it's quite humerous, or could be to some. Many apologies for any gr@ww3r(grammar)/spellign(spelling) mistakes I made, haha.

"(This can be anything. Questions/Comments are always welcome.)"

Yes, I do have a couple questions if it's fine with the reader to answer.

One, I hear if you are typeing out a long spell and you make one spelling mistake you have to repeat the process, is this true? If you can include that with the Accept/Denie response, that would be splendid!

And as my seconed question, if it's too troublesome, that's fine but I'm curious if it's possible to be a Hydromancer. Someone who is a Water Scryer, and Manipulator of that element, he can modify the temperature or pressure to his likeing, and can both breath in, and walk on water. Because this is what I usually RP, but if that's not possible I can stick with being a Frost Mage... As I did not see it in the prestige list.

~Dadalius Sylandrel AKA Cole.
Welcome welcome!

If you haven't already, please read our rules, policies, FAQs, and take a gander at our Wiki. I look forward to seeing you on the server and be sure to /join chat upon entering, thank you! If you have any questions feel free to ask here or PM me. I'd be more than glad to help.

Dadalius Wrote:However one does confuse me a little, there was a rule mentioned on drugs and how they are not to be spoken of but I am not sure if Alchohol and Tobacco fall under that category, with that being said I will not mention either, in game or on the forums other then just now. I'll play assuming they arien't allowed.

Our rules state that you should not talk about drug and/or alcohol Out of Character, in-game or on the forums. However it –is- allowed In-characterly. (Seriously, I couldn't imagine Booty Bay or Trolls without being able to talk about drugs and alcohol.)

Dadalius Wrote:One, I hear if you are typeing out a long spell and you make one spelling mistake you have to repeat the process, is this true? If you can include that with the Accept/Denie response, that would be splendid!

Of course not! Dear lord if I had to re-say every mistake I made… I'd rather not think of how long thatwould take.

Dadalius Wrote:And as my seconed question, if it's too troublesome, that's fine but I'm curious if it's possible to be a Hydromancer. Someone who is a Water Scryer, and Manipulator of that element, he can modify the temperature or pressure to his likeing, and can both breath in, and walk on water. Because this is what I usually RP, but if that's not possible I can stick with being a Frost Mage... As I did not see it in the prestige list.

Now it isn't a specific class we have as a prestige or any such other. With some magical ingenuity that mages have, you should be able to pull off a hydromancer-like character. Just note that we can not grant you any extra spells such as underwater breathing.
Alright, my friend told me it took him about a couple weeks for his introduction-reply, so I thank you so much for responding so quickly! I was seriously expecting to wait a while, as I'm sure you get alot of introductions. Anyhow, I'll be sure to do that! I'll call myself a Hydromancer with out, the list of 20 spells which would enhance that title, but I'll make it work out hehe. I mean, calling a strictly frost mage a Hydromancer is equivalent to calling a mad, strong, big mean warrior a berserker haha, hopefully that's not a prestige title or I just screwed that up.