Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Celleste Whitegale: Path of Revenge.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I won't be able to play for 5-6 weeks. But I will be writing up a story line which will become a comic for the character Celleste, who will hopefully become a demon hunter. If you want your characters to take part, PM me and I we can sort out a plot line. Enjoy.

A farm house on the Arathi beach line lays still in the night. Complete and utter silence, no birds, no animals. Even the sound of the sea seems to be hushed by the horror that lurks in this place. A family of Sin'dorei lay slaughtered, blood and gore litter the ground. The stables burn, leaving a stench of burning flesh in the air.

In the shadows, from the mountains west, lurks a demon hunter. He creeps forward to a ledge and looks down at the scene. Licking his teeth eagerly. He slips down the side of the mountain slope, silently landing on his feet. Keeping to the shadows, he is invisible in the thick mist which blankets the coast. He approaches the farm. His ears twitch as he hears a sound, a lone raven flies down picking out the eye of a corpse. The demon hunter snarls and steps forward, realising there are no threats about. In the path, four bodies lay around a large demonic rune, painted in blood. The rest of the bodies lay scattered around. His sight is drawn to a trail of blood heading off north into the farm lands. "Someone survived..." he follows the trail of blood to see what he can find.

A Sin'dorei woman sits curled up against a ruined trailer, only lit by a small camp fire her wounds are still noticeable. Cuts all over her body, smeared in dried blood. Her face is bloodied, and bruised. The demon hunter approaches the camp, as she notices him she backs into the wreck and raises her hand. Fear marks her face, "Don't come any closer.."

The demon hunter steps back, then lowers him self to her level. "You probably ran.. until you couldn't take another step." He looks at the fire, then grips one of his warglaives.

"I had.. no choice." The girl whimpers, looking out into the misty woods up in the mountains. A flock of birds erupts from the trees and the girl seems to sense something's presence. The demon hunter takes his other warglaive, a cold yet confident expression on his face.

The demon hunter looks at the girl, who is obviously too exhausted to show her fear. "You always have a choice." He stands up looking at the girl starting to pant faster and faster, terror on her face. Behind them, from the mountains emerges a dozen demons, fel-stalkers, fel-guards and a scientific horror. Already aware of their presence, the demon hunter walks up to the girl.

"We're going to die here.. aren't we?" She says in a sorrowful manner. She looks up at the demon hunter, staring straight into his fel green eyes.

"No.." he readies his warglaives. "As long as I stand. They are the prey," he turns to face the approaching demons, "And I am the hunter." He charges in to fight the demons, decapitating a fel-guard as he runs past. "It takes more..." the demon hunter guts a fel-stalker as it jumps to bite him. "Than a couple of demons." He blocks and attack from a fel-guard as it aims to impale him, then forces back it's spear. "To kill.." he rams is warglaive into it's rib cage, it's bones cracking and blood spurting out of it's chest. "A demon hunter!" he spins round slicing down three demons.

The horror charges for the girl, it gets close to her and she cowers back into the wreck. The demon hunter goes to it, charging in, then uses his immolation to burn out the horror from inside. It falls to the floor seemingly dead. Turning back, more demons have emerged from the mist. The girl screams as the horror rises again, raising up his drill hand to impale her in her guts. It falls to the floor once again as the demon hunter slices at it's hamstring, then he boots down the horror onto it's back. He steps on the struggling beast then decapitates it. Blood spurts all over the girl. She shivers in fear, panting rapidly.

Demons enclose all round them, "I stand alone." He continues to slice them down one after another. "And if they keep coming." He throws one of his warglaives at the last three, it cuts down two of them. "I will never stop killing." Grabbing the last one by the neck, he slices open it's torso, throwing the corpse to the ground.

The girl looks up at the demon hunter, surrounded by corpses of demons. "You have a choice." She holds out a pair of daggers. "Hunted? Or hunter?" The girl grabs the daggers. And raises up to the demon hunter.

"What does it take to become a hunter?" She asks, "What must I do?"

"Follow your own path.. defeat your own demons. Find your trials... when the time is right you will find your own way." He turns, vanishing in the mist as he leaves. The girl looks back down at the daggers, she narrows her eyes, memories of the recent genocide flash through her mind. Gripping the daggers tightly, she heads south.

To be continued.
Got the song list ready.. time to write up some more from where we left off.

Heading south.. south.. she didn't know why, but she didn't care, she had nothing left to lose, well... that's what they all say, "I have nothing left to lose" but in reality, isn't life something worth holding on to? Or is that just a idealistic belief the living hold so dear to? Casting these thoughts out of her head, Celleste notices a group of dwarves, whom having already spotted her, halt and raise their guns. One, much bigger and muscular than the others stands infront of the group. The others behind him keep their sights on Celleste, ready to fire at any moment.

"Come closer were I can see ya!" Ordered the leader, Celleste does so, cautiously at first, "We ain't gonna kill ya unless we have ta." She walks faster, still keeping her self several meters from them. She raises her left foot, and taps the front gently on the floor, ready to pounce into cover. The dwarf narrows his eyes, while the others have simple markings blue markings on their arms and bear fur rags, he has markings and runes painted all over his body. His tone much harsher than an average dwarf, "You ain't a high elf. Ya tainted enough that it shows in ya eyes...."

Smirking, she replies slyly, "We Sin'dorei are much more than those you reffer to." Narrowing her eyes she asks cautiously, "But who may you be.. to not know of our people? You don't look like an everyday Alliance dwarf."

"Nay, we ain't! We Wildhammer Dwarves come from the mountains beyond Loch Modan!" He exclaims proudly, "I am Durroch, and these two are Farrel and Gamhorn. So-"

"Don't waste my time! Why are you stopping me?" She snaps in a much colder, bitter tone. The riflemen straighten up again.

"I wouldn't advise bein' lippy girl!" He gestures toward the riflemen, "After all, ya ain't in a position ta do so..." Celleste calms her self, "Good, I'm gonna tell ya summit. Summit bad is goin' down where we come from, people goin' missin', people preechin' crap about the end of the world all over the place. Me an' the boys couldn't take it, so we took off. But, they've been trailin' us since we left. IF ya want to keep your skin on your flesh, you're gonna help us kill em..."

"Can't you just blast them to pieces?" she asks sarcastically, "Why do you want my help?"

"No but we can do it to you easily. We need a certain, 'famme fatal' as such, it's lo-beat lackys just gaggin' to get their hands on some soft flesh like yours." He grins, "Come to think of it, so are we.. We'll spare you a horrid, painful death if you help us. Just lead them on so we can jump em. If they touch you, we'll pay you more than just your life."

Sighs, she reluctantly accepts, "Fine.. if it will get you animals off my back!"

"I'm glad we've come to an understandin' lass.. so what's your name, eh?" He says in a forcefully put on warm tone.

"Celleste... but if you double cross me. I'll make sure you'll remember it for eternity." She spits.

To be continued.
[attachment=0]

This is a sketch of her a lot later into the story. ^^