Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Dark times...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Spoiler:
This is a thread dedicated to what happens to Mistal now that he is officially a Felsworn. I'd like to ask you not to post, unless your character is involved with anything that is going on in this storyline.

One would get used to the air filled with nothing more than the smell of violence and Fel-blood. At least so it seemed to Mistal'aerix as he wandered through the dark chambers of the Duskhaven Cabal.

The silence that lingered within the tower was all Mistal needed to clear up his thoughts, to calculate his next move.

“You have gotten yourself a nice alliance, Duskhaven Cabal.”
Mistal smirked as he walked over to the large table stationed in one of the larger rooms. He was welcomed by a Felguard, holding his axe as he nodded at Mistal. “Greetings.”

As usual Mistal placed himself at the end of the table, his back towards the Balcony.
The woman who had said that was mistaken. These men and women were nothing more than ignorant mortals, who believed they could count on a man like Mistal'aerix. But they were wrong.

Mistal snapped his fingers, a book covered with large runes placed itself on the table. Mistal had figured that he needed someone who could help him gain what he was looking for at this particular moment.
As it did not look very good for Mistal at this moment.

Mistal murmured a demonic phrase. The book in front of him opened and characters appeared on the page. It would seem as if someone was drawing characters with an invisible quill.

Mistal inhaled and clamped his hands together watching how his thoughts were written on the parchment.

“The Draenei and the Kal'dorei…” He said under his breath as the quill kept moving on the pages.

As the letter came to a finish Mistal stood up and leaned over the book watching how the final words were set onto the parchment. “Done.” He grinned, revealing the two monstrous fangs.
Mistal ripped the parchment out of his book and turned on his heels. With just a snap the book seemed to disappear again and he made his way to the staircase.

When Mistal finally reached the mailbox he looked up at the sky.
“Allies shall be made, my enemies shall fall”
He said as he pushed the parchment through the mailbox.
Mistal stood before the tower, a grin on his face and a dagger in his hand.
He considered Reigen and her so called family. They had given him a hard time the other day at the Tournament.

“They are interesting… And they shall be very helpful.” He said as looked down on the dagger.

It was days ago he had used this dagger for anything special…
No it has taken months since he used this dagger for anything inspiring.
He grinned and stepped into the tower. He nodded at the Felguard as he continued.

Once upstairs he did not pay any attention to the other demons and mortal that had conversation or anything, instead he walked over to the balcony where a Kal'dorei was chained to the railing. Mistal stepped closer, his thinning as he smirked at her.
“Well it seems you finally have awakened.”

The Kal'dorei female looked up, fear was all over her face. She shook her head.
“No… No.”
Her eyes lowered to the dagger in Mistal's hand.

Mistal shook his head and eyed the woman for a moment.
“Don't be ridiculous, woman.” He forced himself a smile and tried to make his hoarse voice sound as polite as possible.
“Do not fret… I am not here to hurt you.” He stepped closer to the woman and kneeled down so his eyes were on the same level as hers.
“Now tell me… What is your name?”

The eyes of the woman darted from Mistal's right to his left eye. Taking him in as good as she could.
Then, her intuition taking over she spat in his face.
“Why would I give you my name, Demon?”

Mistal'aerix shook his head. “Pity…” He lifted his hand up and patted her cheek. “I have you talk with time...” He drew a sigil on the ground. The Kal'dorei's eyes widened as a green glow appeared in the sigil.
“Do not fret, woman…” She looked up at Mistal. “You do not think I would use my magic on you now would you?” He grinned as he took her in. Enjoying every moment of her suffering.

Mistal took the dagger in his left hand and pulled the sleeve up of his right arm.
“This is going to be fun.” He said as he brought the dagger to his scabrous skin.
He pushed the dagger deep into his hide, and when he pulled the dagger from his skin a stream of Felblood started to pour from the cut. He looked at it with a moment and then looked up at the women.

“Now watch… You may learn something.”

He said as he let a droplet of blood fall onto the sigil which he drew earlier…
The blood fell onto the sigil. The Kal'dorei watched with wide eyes, fear taking over her as the blood started to whirl before her eyes.

Mistal looked up and observed the behavior of the woman. He smirked as he saw that fear was the only emotion that took hold of the woman.
He looked down as the blood turned into a Healthstone.
The smirk disappeared from his lips again, making way for a more serious expression as he grabbed the Healthstone and held it between himself and the Kal'dorei.
“This is very valuable for those who have been unlucky.”
His eyes met with those of the Kal'dorei.

“W-what… Do you want to do with that?”
The woman asked as she tried to pull her arms loose from the chains she was still chained on.
Mistal shrugged.
“I don't know.”
He smirked as he grabbed the Kal'dorei's chin.
“You will find it very useful once I am done with you.”
He let go of her face again and placed the healthstone between his robes.

As Mistal stood up again and made his way back for the tower he remembered that he had gotten himself a letter.
He nodded to himself as he made his way out of the tower and walked over to the Mailbox. He opened the mailbox and there it was, a plain letter.
He took it out and unfolded it, reading the context of the letter.
“Interesting… A meeting…”
He folded the letter again and placed it in one of his pouches. He continued back to the tower.

Mistal sat down on the large table, his eyes drifting through the room.
“I need blood of every single race, yes.”
He placed his hands together and let his head rest on his fingertips.
“Starting with the Kal'dorei…”
He lifted his head again, clapped his hands together and released a few sparkles of Fel energy.
“Yes, the Kal'dorei shall be the first, second shall be the blood of a Gnome.”
He grinned as he walked over to the balcony where the Kal'dorei was chained.

The Kal'dorei looked up at Mistal and started to shake, her expression aware.
“W-what?”
She asked as Mistal closed the distance between them.
He smirked at the woman.
“I just need a little blood…Kal'dorei.”
His expression darkened as he reached for the dagger near the sigil he used before…
A scream echoed against the walls of the large tower, that was located somewhere in Deadwind pass.

“Bastard! Damned Fel monster! Ugh” The woman tried to kick at the Fel-sworn, but with no luck. The chains tightened around both arms and legs as she tried to kick at the man.

The fel green eyes were locked on a small cut, just below a nasty looking scar. Blood poured from the cut and moved slowly from her upper arm onto her fingers. Mistal'aerix could do nothing more than to enjoy the sight of the blood running down her arm, his gaze veered over to her eyes, in which he saw the pain, the fear the agony. He revealed his teeth by grinning at the woman as he grabbed a small vial and brought it to the cut. He pushed the vial at the lower edge of the cut.

Another yell filled the walls of the Tower. Followed by some curses and calling the Fel-sworn names. This time he did not care about the woman and instead slapped her with the back of his hand, making her stop her yelling and just look at the man in astonishment.At this time the vial was full with dark red blood and Mistal'aerix brought the vial to the ground and corked it. He stood up and nodded at the woman.

“This donation will be very… Valuable to me… Yes.” He smirked as he turned on his heels and made his way back inside. On the large table, he placed his pouch, and placed the vial into it.

He reached for his jaw and started to rub it. As he did one of the demons looked up at Mistal'aerix. “The Mistress is awaiting you, Mistal'aerix.” The succubus said as he slapped the ground with her whip. Mistal'aerix just nodded at the demon and waved with his hand above the pouch, creating a small portal into the Nether. The hands of a Voidwalker reached for the pouch and took it with them into the Nether portal. Mistal'aerix sighed and made his way to Miss Bisen's chamber.

When he entered a dark cloud hung above the throne which was known to be for Miss Bisen. The dark cloud had two green orbs, looking like eyes. Mistal'aerix smirked and reached for his jaw again. “Greetings… “ He said as he kept his eyes on the cloud.
The black cloud shuddered slightly. Strands of darkness peeled away from it and swirled away. Slowly, carefully it lifted up. There was a dark shape within the miasma. "We haven't been properly introdussed, Missstal'alerix."
Mistal'aerix shook his head. "We haven't indeed." He reached for his jaw and rubbed it as he took in the miasma.
The darkness wavered around her before retracting, sucking back into her flesh. She stepped forward, taking Mistal'aerix's hand. She gave him a pointed smile."A pleassure, darling."
Mistal'aerix perked a brow as he looked at the woman infront of him. "Bisen...?"
"Misstressss Bissen. Lady Bissen. The Ineffable. The Corruptor..."
Marianna picked her way slowly around the elf, her burning gaze rolling over him. She tutted softly. "Many names for one person...Who has, until now, been rather busssy. You underssstand."

“Miss Bisen... Then...” Mistal'aerix replied. “You are indeed known by many names.”
Marianna laughed. It was a cold, hissing sound. Her lips cracked as she smiled, a bit of blackened blood rolling from the fissure. "But you...Mr. Misstal...You only go by one name." She stepped behind the man. Slowly she curled her claws around his shoulders. "Misstal the Apprentice."
Mistal'aerix smirked as he placed on hand on on of Marianna's. "To you, Miss Bisen, I am known as Mistal'aerix the Apprentice."
"And you will learn that my oppinion iss all that matterss in thiss world."
Marianna turns away sharply, releasing the man. "Those succubi disguised as me...They've been watching you. Watching your progress. You are a driven man, to be sure. But you need..." She dragged her nails along the crystal's face. " 'Guidance...' "

Mistal'aerix looks back over his shoulder as he feels her hand move away from his shoulder. "That... May be right..." Mistal'aerix turned to keep his eyes on the woman.
"Knowledge, my dear. We will fill that elven sskull of yourss with it before a Demon Hunter'ss glaive sseperatess it from you."
Mistal'aerix nods at her. "And how do you want to do that?" Marianna let her palm stroke across the crystal's face. She hummed thoughtfully, sighing as little bands of green light arced from it into her fingertips. "Why..." She turned, giving the man a thin smile. "We enjoy a field trip, of course."
"We do..." Mistal'aerix said as he considered Marianna. "But firsst...Tell me of what you wissh to learn. Do you wissh to desstroy your enemiess with fire? Or perhapss poisson? Or...Do you enjoy letting demonss ssully their handss insstead of you?"
"Destroying my enemies with my magic, Destroy them by using my precious Fel-magic, yes."
Mistal'aerix looked straight into her eyes.

Marianna clasped her hands together. The smile she wore was thin and bitter. "A perssonal preference I do not sshare. Well then, come along." She waved to the wall. From her blackened fingers dark runes flowed out, burning into the stone. A twisting portal formed.
"We are going to that darling new issland...To play ssome gamess."
"Good". Mistal replied. Not certain of Marianna's next move, or where she wanted him to go.

Marianna nodded and stepped through the portal, Mistal'aerix watched her disappear. He nodded at himself and continued through the portal as well, not aware of what may be awaiting him on the other side.

+----------+----------+

Mistal stepped through the portal and inspected his surroundings. He looked at his feet which were standing in the awfull looking water of the sewers. He looked back up with a very unpleased expression on his face, facing Hieronymus.
Marianna waved to the wall. "But..." A green portal opened within the stone, the runes carved upon it burning bright as they spat out the elf. "I can understand your trepidation."
“Holy !@#$ he just came out of nowhere!” Hieronymus said as he saw Mistal.
Marianna snapped her fingers The black fire melted away. "You may go." She said to a Death knight. Mistal'aerix, did not know who this woman was, and he did not care. As long as he would get his training that was everything that mattered.
Hieronymus began to shiver."Please be someone else..”

Hieronymus stopped shivering for a moment. "Maybe I can sell information about a demon and some elf with wings to.. uh.. someone."
Hieronymus looked at Mistal'aerix.
Mistal'aerix slowly walked over to Hieronymus. His eyes narrowed his fingers spread. Small sparkles of Fel-fire around his hand.
“Uhhh... Uh hey there.. Mister.. Blood Elf?”
Hieronymus tried to give one of the cheeziest smiles in history.

Mistal raises his hand attempting to give Hieronymus a smack in the face with the back of his hand. "Mister Elf? You filthy scum, dare to call me... Elf?"
“ Uhhh... Me no.. Me no speaky common...” Hieronymus said as he rubbed his cheek.
Mistal grabbed Hieronymus by the collar of his shirt and dragged him to Marianna.
“Uhmm...” Hieronymus muttered as he got dragged to the Draenei woman. His eyes widened as Mistal came to a stop And threw Hieronymus into the disgusting water of the sewer. "Here." He said as his eyes slowly moved to meet Marianna's.
Hieronymus fell with his face in the water, he quickly pushed himself up again and took a deep breath.
”Uh... Be gentle on a first timer...?” He said under his breath.

Marianna turned back to Mistal, her thin smile returning. "Now, I want you to be rough on this first timer."
Hieronymus looks up at Marianna. “Oh, god damnit…!” He said as his eyes focused on the woman and her remark.

"Experiment a little. He'ss usselessss to uss." Marianna said waving a hand at Hieronymus. “ You need a ssubject to train on… Here he iss..”
Mistal nodded at Marianna with a broad grin on his face. He raised his hand and conjured felfire, he did not wait for a second and fired it at the human.

Hieronymus started to run around, dodging and avoiding the Felfire that was chasing him. Mistal'aerix got sick of the little game and decided to go for more than just felfire and conjured with his free hand a Chaosbolt. He formed the destructive energy into sphere and threw it at the human, who dived to the ground, avoiding the green sphere.
Hieronymus catched some air as he was kneeled on the ground, and looked towards the ground, when a dark void speared between his feet. He jumped away, realizing it was Mistal'aerix who had drawn another rune as he was not paying any attention.

Marianna just watched the whole scene and folded her arms. “Misstal, that iss enough!”
She smiled at Hieronymus. "What iss your name, darling?" The woman bended down, drawing her blackened nails through the water. The water turning a brackish, sickly green from her touch.
“Uhhh Hieronymus Avidius...” He answered as he looked down at the water.
"A pleaure to meet you, Mr. Aviduss. I am Bissen..." As she kept her greenish eyes on the man.

Marianna nodded to Mistal. "And this wretched, cantancerous fiend is..." She allowed Mistal to introduce himself. She withdrew her hand, the corruption suffusing through the water around the three.
“Woah that feels.. really really odd..Kind of.. yuch.” Hieronymus said as he took his eyes off the water and looked at the woman, letting his eventually drift to Mistal'aerix.
Mistal'aerix lowered his hand again and shook his head as he took the man in. His eyes still narrowed. "Mistal'aerix." He said on an even tone.

“So.. whattaya gonna do to me...?”
Hieronymus asked uncertainly.
Marianna tutted softly. The brackish water began to ripple and shake.
"Moi? I am going to give you into the care of Mistal..."
“This a.. good or bad thing...?” Hieronymus asked as he perked a brow at Marianna.
"And Misstal...Well, all I assk of him iss that he doessn't kill you."
“Woah that is a real odd feeling.” Hieronymus said as he looked down at the black and greenish water.
“So.. that is.... good?"
He asked with the same uncertainty. Not looking at either Mistal or Marianna.
Mistal just kept his gaze on Hieronymus. "Another filth... Interesting."
He looked at Marianna. "I can abuse him, no?"
Marianna smiled. Her teeth were yellowed, pointed daggers. She turned to Mistal. "Misstal...Bring the man back to the tower for your work. I will ssummon you if I need you."
“This... this gives me a bad feeling...” Hieronymus finally said as he lifted his gaze to look at both Fel-sworn.
Mistal nodded. "Alright, Miss Bisen." He walked towards Hieronymus. "Any last words, before we departure?"

To be continued.
As soon as the two reached the tower, Mistal'aerix disposed himself of the human, leaving him on one of the heavy guarded floors. As Mistal'aerix paced through the large staircase, his hands folded on his back and his head up high, he thought about all the possibilities. The reasons why he has become what he is today. He was not pleased, not satisfied, not by the least bit. He needed more, both power and acknowledgement. The apprentice was just a tool to get things done. He would use the Rogue to do his biddings if he see fit to it, and that just for a small amount of time to teach him the arts of the Fel.

Fel… Three characters, defying a powerful tool. To some it was just a tool, for others it was the energy that would set things in motions, both for the good and the bad. And Mistal'aerix knew this by heart. His actions are pure, just as his hatred for the Light users, the pathetic mortals who look down upon the Fel… Yes one of the goals was to defeat the Light users, not by using the things he has gained by becoming what he is today, but by using the living tools… Tools that could be commanded, corrupted and even be brainwashed just to get what he has always wanted.

But how…

“Yes Mistal'aerix, now that you have grown in both power and experience, how are you going to set these ideas of yours in motion?”
A familiar voice echoed through Mistal's head. Mistal'aerix smirked as he stopped down the staircase and looked around the room, letting his mind slowly move to the ‘Nether'.

“That is a very interesting question… Nathrezim.” The air around Mistal'aerix felt warm, green flames appearing before his eyes, the demon seated on a throne. He looked down on Mistal'aerix, tucking his fingertips against each other letting a screeching sound echo through the small room as his nails brushed against each other.

“Ha!” The demon unfolded his large wings as he stepped down the throne, walking slowly towards Mistal'aerix. “You seem to have forgotten that -we- give you the orders, Filth.” The Nathrezim lowered his claw reaching for Mistal'aerix' face and lifting his face up. “You have grown… Like I said before, but your intentions are not what they were… At least for what we have seen. We are growing wary of your decisions…” He grinned as he let go of Mistal'aerix' face and patted him on the cheek. “But that is about to change… Fel-sworn.”

Mistal just stood on his place, letting the Nathrezim speak as he listened carefully. Not letting his guard down. As disgraceful this demon treated him, he was right. He did had goals not much different than that of the Legion… But he had not taken any actions since he joined the Cabal. Instead he followed his fellow Fel-sworn into battle… A battle that would erase all their potential allies.
“Pathetic…” The demon sat on his throne again staring right into Mistal'aerix' eyes. “Following the others into a useless battle… It is pathetic.”

Mistal'aerix nodded at the demon. “Yes…” His tone fueled by disgust.
For the first time, Mistal saw the failures… He saw the pathetic actions he had taken. Ish'tar had sent Mistal'aerix to Marianna not to help her in a battle against her potential allies, no he had sent him because he might learn something from her. And he did. But he did not do anything with that knowledge, quite the opposite actually.

“And that is about to change… You have already started to collect blood from them filthy, disgusting mongrels. Now that is good… Continue until you have gotten yourself a pouch full with each races blood. Once that is completed, I will contact you, again.” The Nathrezim clapped his hands, and if Mistal'aerix was pushed out of a room by a massive blow of wind.

Darkness… Candle lights… Stairs and the smell of a dead corpse…

He had returned to Azeroth… and there was a job to be finish… A job that would not be successful without the help of a few donations from unwilling… chained… Mortals…

To be continued…
[Image: thebattlebegins2copy.jpg]
“To become perfection… One has to use the tools provided to him… And manipulate the ones around him to get done what he is looking for. Only then… He shall develop the skills and abilities to become perfect. But believing he has accomplished all his goals is not enough… No he shall have to broaden his limits and goals and continue until there is nothing left other than the power –they- can provide you with…" -Mistal'aerix

The smell of rot filled Mistal'aerix' nostrils as he made his way through Felwood. It was silent, as if there was something dangerous lingering around… Waiting to attack the Fel-sworn. But that attack never happened.

The smell of rot was not pleasant, however, he did not pay any attention it or whatsoever. No he continued down the path till he reached a small bridge. It would lead over a small pond which was filled with a green, warm liquid. As he took the small pond in, he reached for his pouch and pulled a small vial from it. He held it up as he moved closer to the small pond.

“Their scars remain untouched… Good…” He said and his lips thinned. As much as this place was corrupted and smelling, Mistal'aerix enjoyed every minute being in this Forsaken land. The strong Fel energy that lingered around the pond embraced Mistal like a soft cloak. Mistal'aerix uncorked the vial and held it above the green water. Letting the liquid within the vial move towards the exit. He tucked with his index finger on the vial, letting a small droplet fall into the pond.

Mistal placed both hands together and lowered his head. As he did he began to mumble an incantation. Soon the water would start boiling and large bubbles released itself from the water surface and into the air. They snapped or were driven higher into the corrupted sky. Mistal'aerix continued with repeating several phrases in Eredun. His eyes closed, the runes on his hand glowing brighter.

Purple rings started to form onto the surface of the pond, then a dark hole into the Nether. “Ah… You have come… Mistal'aerix…” Mistal'aerix opened his eyes finding a demon staring at him; his yellow sharp teeth revealed by a grin on his grey scaled face. Mistal'aerix nodded at the demon. “Yes… I need an artifact.” A manic laugh erupted from the Nether portal. Creating large waves within the boiling pond. “And I need you to listen very carefully, filth.” The grin faded, making way for a more darker expression. “To acquire an artifact and the tools to create one, you will obey my orders and bring me the tools I requested.” Mistal'aerix sighed and smirked. “Blood… From all races… Yes…” The words echoed through the Forsaken forest.

“Yes the blood… In return for the book.” The Nether portal began to shrink. “I was not finished.” Mistal'aerix said threatening. The Nether portal continued shrinking until only one eyeball was visible to Mistal'aerix. “I cannot care any less… Lesser one. Find Ish'tar, he shall instruct you futher… Until then… Do not tend to summon me again.” The Nether portal closed and the boiling water slowly returned to how it was; a fel green pond, silent and still.

Mistal'aerix turned on his heels and walked over to a large tree. His eyes narrowed, determination all over his face. He raised his fist and the glow around his scaled hand increased. A large crack… He had slammed his hand into the dying wood. He withdrew his hand, and looked at the large hole. “Duskwood it shall be then…” Mistal said as he waved with his right hand, with his left he drew a sigil followed by another one. The demonic sigils lit up a bright purple. A phrase in demonic, another wave with his hand, followed by another demonic phrase. Slowly shadows moved through the hole in the tree. The sigils still hovering between Mistal and the tree merged. A screech, followed by an eruption within the tree. The tree split into half, revealing a Nether portal. Mistal'aerix nodded as he slowly stepped through the portal…

To be continued…
“To survive, you need to know your allies and your opponents. So when the moment comes to strike you shall have the upper hand in battle, because it was –you- who had taken the time to study their advantages and disadvantages.” – Mistal'aerix.

[Image: tardarktimes.jpg]

Ish'tar raised a brow as shadow black entities started to form a portal before his desk. He places his hands together and shook his hair back over his shoulder. Through the dark entities a man slowly stepped through. Mistal'aerix nodded at Ish'tar. “Ish'tar.” Ish'tar returned the nod. “Mistal'aerix… Your powers have been increasing… Finally…” His lips thinned, revealing his fangs.

“They have, now instead of discussing my powers and what have become of them, let us get straight to the point shall we?” Mistal said as he walked over to the table and sat on the edge. He leaned closer to Ish'tar and smirked. “It seems… That your little student is about to become even more powerful, and in order to do so…” He leaned back again and mumbled an incantation. A shadow bolt appeared above Mistal's hand. “You will help me.”

Ish'tar shoved his chair back and jumped up, firing fel-fire at Mistal. Mistal dodged the wave, letting the fire slam against the door, slowly devouring the wood. Mistal'aerix smirked as he fired the shadow bolt at the man, followed by a demonic sigil which quickly drew in the air before him, causing the shadow bolt to shatter into five small shards. “Now this is most unexpected”. The shards went straight for Ish'tar.

Ish'tar tried to dodge the shards, three missed him by an inch, the other two pierced themselves through the skin on his chest, creating two wounds which began to pour felblood. Mistal waved with his hand and shook his head. “Now… Now don't let us waste our energy on-…” A chaos bolt went straight for his stomach, pushing him back against the wall next to the burning door. He grunted as he got back to his knees, surprised to see Ish'tar sit on the edge of the desk.

“It is enough… when I say so… Mistal'aerix.” He said, his eyes narrowed, his expression not pleased. “Now tell me, Mistal'aerix… What brought you to my… office.” He sat as if he was talking to his favorite student. His lips thinned but the grin expressing a dark one. Mistal sighed before answering the question. “I am in need of an artifact, which is not much of importance to you, but there is more to it. I need you to provide me with some blood…” He let the words sink in before he continued. “Of course not yours… But that of a Gnome, Tauren and an Orc.”

Ish'tar kept silent and slit of the edge, back to his feet and walked over to a closet and started to look through it. “Gnome… Ah yes.” He grabbed a small vial from a higher shelf and held it in his right hand. Then he continued to look through the items that were stored in the large closet. “Tauren, not?” He snapped his fingers and another vial moved from one of the shelves to Ish'tar hovering besides him. “And the reason you need these… Are because…Yo-..”

“None of your business… Ish'tar. I would not like to discuss this on your terrain. Now do you also have orcish blood or not?” Mistal snapped at the other Fel-sworn, knowing that this could not have been the best move. Ish'tar still kept his eyes on the closet searching for Mistal's final ingredient. “Now you will have to pay me with an reagent… Mistal'aerix. Anything that is of importance to you… Or maybe something you collected from your kills… Ah yes… Ah collected item.” He chuckled as he got himself the last vial and moved back to his desk. “Here I have the three vial with blood… In return you shall bring me a reagent you collect from a kill or fight. As long as it is a body part I would be very pleased.” He waved at the vials. “Or else I shall have to keep these for someone else…”

Mistal nodded at Ish'tar. “I understand.” He walked over to the desk and reached for the small vials. Ish'tar raised his hand. “Payment.” Mistal nodded again this time he let his hand slip into his pouch, and from it he raised a eyeball. “This is the eye I acquired by torturing one of my… I have not found an appropriate title for her yet…” He grinned. “But I would like to trade this for your vials. "Ish'tar held his hand open, Mistal placed the eyeball in the palm of his hand.

Ish'tar looked down on the eyeball, raised it to eye level and expected it thoroughly. “It will do, now take the vials and get out of here.” Mistal grabbed the vials and nodded. “I would not be more pleased… Ish'tar.” He placed the vials in his pouch with the other and turned on his heels. “I am sure we shall meet again soon, Ish'tar.” He opened the door, or the left over even and stepped out. “But try to clean this up… It looks… Cheap.” With a grin on his face he closed the door again and made his way through the dark tunnel leading towards the exit.

To be continued...
“The corruption has made me whole… The mutation brought me perfection… My powers are unlimited… I am perfect.” - Mistal'aerix.

The woods fouled by the taint of Fel magic, the creatures corrupted by it. The marks in the air, the environment. Yes Felwood was the place he enjoyed so much, even if it was for the small tasks he had to go through just to get an opportunity to get to this place.

A lot had happened… A lot that made him the way he was now… Though it he would need more to become whole. The mortals that surrounded him… They had some potential, yes. But not enough. He needed a smaller group. A group that would share the same goals, share the same thoughts about –them-. But where would he find those men and women?
“I lost Reigen…” Mistal said as he rubbed his chin and looked into his reflection. He had not started the summoning ritual as of yet, because he had to be certain. He had to be certain about everything he was about to do and set in motion.
“Reigen and her pathetic little ‘family'. I lost their trust… Their alliance.”

The man had indeed lost the trust and alliance he had with Reigen. Since they parted from their last meeting, Mistal'aerix sworn to take her down on day. It would be one of his desires, but since it is a small desire and would not benefit the bigger goals, it would be of no use… It was not of any importance this particular moment. She would feel his wrath… Or else some other Fel addicted would.

“Five… No Seven..Hmm..” Mistal kept silent and peered at his own reflection in the pond. The mirror image smirked at the man looking into the water and a finger slowly lowered and touched the surface of the still pond. It drew two circles and a soft chuckle filled the air. “Eight… yes, Eight.” Mistal'aerix said as he got back to his feet and drew a sigil in the air. He let his hand slip into one of his pouches and pulled a vial filled with blood up, uncorking it and let a small droplet fall into the pond. As soon as the liquid started to lowered itself through the surface into the green liquid, the surface of the pond started to boil, releasing bubbles into the air.

A wave with a hand, another sigil and again a wave of his hand and slowly a dark void started to appear in the surface. A laugh made the boiling surface break into waves. Then a face appeared in the void staring into Mistal's face. “Lesser one, I take it you returned to bring me the vials?” He grinned at Mistal'aerix.

“Of course, demon… I brought you the vials in return for the book I need.” Mistal said with a flat tone. “Now hand it over to me.” The demon shook his head. “Oh… Aerix… You think too high of yourself. If you will not watch it yourself, I am sure others will…” The grin returned. “Now show me your vials and we shall see what I can do.” Mistal'aerix snapped his fingers. A small portal besides him appeared letting two large hands appear through the portal handing Mistal a pouch. The hands retreated themselves through the portal and it closed again. Mistal held the pouch up so the demon could have a good look at it, before he would hand it over.

“Now here are the vials, show me the book.” Mistal licked his thin lips and narrowed his eyes. The demon blinked and a book appeared in one of his large hands which he showed at Mistal. “Here… Lessen one, I have the book. Now show me the vials… One… By… One.” Mistal snapped his fingers and the pouch lifted up in the air, Mistal nodded at the demon and reached for the vials. As he pulled one from the pouch and said; “This one was given to me by one of my minions. Blood of a Sin'dorei.” He smirked and continued to get the other vials out as well, naming them and adding the information of how he got the blood. When he finally took the last vial out of his pouch his expression darkened. “Good now Mistal'aerix, lay them on the surface of this void.” Mistal blinked and the vials slowly moved to the surface of the void, the demon reached out of the void and grabbed the vials of blood, as he pulled them into the void he threw the book through the void. It would have seemed as if the book would fly through the portal and fall into the pond, but that did not happen. Instead the book broke through the void portal and as if a hand pushed it back against the surface it would lay there, waiting for Mistal'aerix to grab it. “Now that you have gotten your book, and I have gotten my vials, you will need to continue what you have started, Mistal'aerix.” The portal shrinked until there was just one eye left to be seen. “It was a pleasure… Having you work for me.” A laugh erupted from the portal that disappeared and the water got still again.

The book laid on the surface of the pond, slowly it moved up in the air and made his way to Mistal's hand. The hand stroke the cover gentle and flipped the book, revealing the back side. Mistal'aerix' expression was pleased… Very pleased. He had accomplished something. Something that would only do him good when he continue to follow this mad path that he started to follow months ago. And his determination is great, and so he will. He slowly placed the book in one of his pouches and smirked. “Now… My next step will be interesting…”

To be continued…
"They were nothing more than mere tools, lesser tools but tools... And now they shall fall before my feet, while my flames burn their bodies, their souls and take them to a place where no other would dare to set foot... I shall destroy them!" - Mistal'aerix

Silvermoon city, a city of glory, after so much destruction. Yes it was the city where Mistal enjoyed studying the arts of Fel and shadow, where he had taught himself the basics of a Sin'dorei and had seen so much live. But not today, no… Today he was here on a mission.

The dark night gave him the advantage to move through the deserted streets, the soft breezes made his blond hair dance on his shoulders. Darkness, the night sky. He enjoyed it. As he continued through the dark streets he pulled a small book from his pouch. The book was engraved with demonic letters. He opened the book and read some of the sentences until he arrived at a small corner, he followed it and stopped before a door. He looked to the right and saw that lights were still on within the house. He grinned and closed the book, pushed it back in his pouch and knocked.

Footsteps… Locks getting unlocked and the door opened. A woman with dark brown hair, a frown on her forehead and red lips stood in the entrance. “And who may you be?” She spat with digusting as she looked at Mistal. Just a simple grin followed by a loud explosive sound and the sound of a closing door were the last things that was what sounded in the dark streets.

Mistal'aerix smirked as he observed the unconscious woman in the chair. Four fel-chains kept her hands and feet bound to the chair. Her brown hair fell over her face. Mistal nodded slowly and leaned over to the woman whispering in demonic. “Wake up, Misjana.” He leaned back again and let the woman wake up again. Her eyes widened as they fell upon the fel-chains. She slowly let her eyes move up and stare at the demon before her. “Release me!” Her eyes became a soft blue and the air around her became colder. Mistal'aerix just watched her, enjoying the sight of his little cousin being trapped in his chains.

“You've awoken, Misjana… Good.” He said as he unfolded his wings and stepped closer to the woman. “I hope these chains are no too tight...?” He asked with a nasty grin on his face.”Now stop the fancy frost magic and just listen.” Misjana's eyes slowly became their normal green color again as he nodded. “What is it, demon?” She grinned. “It is not like every day I get ambushed like this.” The air in the room became warmer and Mistal nodded at Misjana. “Good… Now tell me… Where is the amulet?” Misjana shook her head in confusion. “Amulet? Which amulet are you talking about?” The chains around her legs and arms began to become brighter. Then a screech of pain filled the room. Mistal'aerix had his hand folded, his eyes narrowed and his voice threatening. “Do not fool me, Misjana… The family amulet, where is it?” He blinked and another yell filled with agony followed. “No… I do not have it anymore!” Sweat ran down her face, her teeth we clenched her muscles tensed. “Now that is rude… Selling items your family has given you through the years.” He walked over to the chair and grabbed her hair. “Let me see…” Inside his clenched hand felfire began to devour the hair on her head. He let it continue until it reached her skin. “Now answer me… Where is the amulet?”

Misjana snapped, tears welled up in her eyes and her body began to shake. “I do not have it anymore.” She screamed as Mistal pulled her hairs and let the fel fire devour the skin on her head. She would not give in, she would not tell this demon where the amulet was. Blood began to run down her face, the pain made her dizzy. Mistal let the flames devour the skin on her head, slowly revealing white bone, the skull. Her eyelids felt heavy and began to close. Then a slap in her face, her eyelids flashed open and eyed the demon infront of her. “Ah… W-what?” She said in a whispering voice.

“Do not die on me just yet, little cousin… No” His eyes narrowed as he brought his face closer to Misjana's. “You have enough of sleep once I am finished with you, but now… Tell me where the amulet is… Your last call.” Her thoughts yelled… screamed… But no excuses… Nothing that would help her… “I-I… Do not…” The room filled itself with a Fel-green light, brightening the streets for two seconds and then the flash vanished again.

Silence… Blood moved down the orange painted walls, shattered pieces of wood laid throughout the room. And at the end of the room against a solid wall laid a corpse.
The corpse of Misjana Minaar…
Mistal smirked and walked over to the corpse covered in blood. He lowered himself to examine her body, with no luck. There was no trace of the amulet he was looking for. When he got back to his knees he waved his hand and with a lot of noise all the doors of closets as well as small windows flew open. Documents flew through the room as well as small items, runes and jewelry. Nothing that caught Mistal's attention though. He shook his head and spread his arms, slammed them together and released a raging wave of Fel-fire, devouring everything in its wake. Slowly the walls started to catch flame and he slowly walked to the exit of the house. He let the door open, letting more oxygen fill the house as he drew two sigils in the wall of the house, mumbled some demonic phrases and created a void that would lead into the Nether. He stepped through letting the house burn down together with the corpse of his cousin. Soon the sound of an alarm sounded in the streets of Silvermoon city.
To be continued…
[Excellent writing, I'm really enjoying the storyline so far :) Having the parts that are spoken in another color helps reading as well. Looking forward to the next part!! Speaking of which, the blood of a sin'dorei, I wouldn't be surprised if it was Seizael's :p]
“To some I may be an insane demon, to others I may be their savior.” - Mistal'aerix

The words lingered through Mistal's head. The dark room he was in offered him enough space to think about his next steps. The encounters he had to deal with throughout the week had given him enough to think about. The words echoed inside his head. He reached for his temples and began to rub them, his jaws tensed as he did so.

“Reigen…Coriv…”
He looked up and conjured a small ball of fel fire which lit the room. “Reigen… only a fool would underestimate her actions.” The bit of light made deep shadows in under his eyes. “Coriv… His intelligence has brought him far, of that I am sure… But how long will it last until he stumbles upon someone… Smarter than himself?” His lips curled into a smirk.

He snapped his fingers and a small portal besides him opened, two large shadow hands hung out of the portal waiting for commands. “The box with Saronite.” Mistal said as he commanded the ball of fel fire to hover above the table he was sitting on. From the portal the two hands brought a small iron box to the table, the hands retreated themselves into the portal and it disappeared again. Mistal let his fingers move over the iron box, his expression pleasant. He licked his lips before he let both hands rest on the sides of the iron box. His eyes widened as a click sound could be heard and the box slowly opened. Inside the box on a crimson red cushion laid two pieces of Saronite. The saronite caused to lit the room even more, giving the room a greenish look.

“Ah yes…” Mistal smirked and leaned back again, he waved his hand to his right and from the shadows there came a man, his eyes half open his gaze expressionless he brought a large staff towards Mistal and placed it in front of Mistal on the table. The staff was made out of iron, and had a demonic look to it. “The book.” Mistal said in an ordering tone, the man nodded and turned to the dark corner, he turned on his heels and brought the book to the table, Mistal looked at the book and nodded. “Good.” He waved his hand and the human turned back to the dark corner, letting the shadows hide him.

Mistal waved his hand over the book and it opened. His eyes darted over the page and let the information be absorbed by his disturbed mind. He let his right index finger move through the air, burning a sigil in the air. The sigil turned a fel green and from it fel lighting started to burst against the thick walls. A screeching sound came along the strong static energy, creating small cracks in the wall. He narrowed his eyes. “Fel lightning.” The lines of the fel spell increased in strength and size, letting the attack break whole brakes in half. His lips curled into a thin smirk. “Dissolve.” The sigil disappeared again and so did the lightning. His eyes rose from the book and he looked at the walls that were just struck by the spell. Pieces of stones laid before the wall, small wisps of smoke moved into the air filling the room with an unpleasant smell.

The items in front of Mistal laid still on the table, unmoved or untouched. The saronite still waiting to be used, though Mistal decided otherwise. “Not now… No… First I need to get the group ready… The first arrangements have been set in motion… Yes. No I shall be patient.” He let his hand move over the iron box, and the box locked itself again. He then drew two sigils and the two large hands of a Voidwalker appeared again. “Guard these tools.” The hands reached for the tools and dragged them into the Nether. The portal closed again and Mistal clenched his hands as he just sat there… Calculating. “Faorar…Sucrare… Seizael.”

The three names echoed through the room against the walls. Mistal licked his thin lips and stood up. “They shall begin…” Mistal slowly moved to the door and opened it. “Stay here… I will be back in two hours…” Mistal moved out of the room, his gaze determined with what he was up to next…

To be continued…
They shall guide me through, they shall give me what I desire most. They shall help me fight what I hate the most, They shall make me invincible! - Mistal'aerix.

The door flew open, followed by a cold breeze. Three candles were blew out, creating small wisps of smoke to raise in the darkened air. Mistal'aerix snapped his fingers and the three candles began to live again. He made his way over to the table, his jaw tensed. “The battle is about to begin… None shall oppose me.” His eyes moved through the room, his expression dark. “These foolish mortals… They believe they can cleanse the Fell… The scars the Legion has left behind… But that shall change.”
“Indeed it will… Mistal'aerix.” A voice said when everything was quiet. The door shut, and the air chilled. Mistal smirked. “How delightful…” He let his hand reach for his chin and he began to stap his chin as he awaited the demon to appear.

First there was nothing, then a fel green sparkle, increasing in size. Finally the sparkle changed into a large demon. His large horns reached for the roof, his hooves wore the dreadful body of the Dreadlord. His green wings were folded onto his back. His expression covered with a sly smirk. “Finally we meet… Mistal'aerix. You have been found worthy enough for me to show myself to you, and present you; your future.” The smirk made way for a large grin. The sound of hooves echoed against the thick walls as the Dreadlord moved closer to Mistal'aerix. Mistal's brows raised as he nodded at the creature. “Now what would you have to do with my future?” He leaned back into his chair, his eyes narrowed. “If you continue your good work, a lot.” He let his arms rest upon the desk, laying his eyes onto Mistal's face. “Be warned, Mistal'aerix. You shall have to find your allies, very soon. Otherwise you shall not last long.” The Dreadlord turned and began to pace through the room, letting his eyes fall upon all sorts of items and tools. “How is the artifact doing?” He asked as he looked towards the dark corner in the room.

“Ah… The artifact.” Mistal clenched his hands together and laid his chin upon them. He let his eyes move up a little to eye the pacing demon. “It is a dreadful issue.” He said followed by a soft sigh. “Failure to develop an artifact… Will be followed by death, Mistal'aerix. Travel to Felwood and contact Ay'maegh.” Mistal perked a brow. “Then what?” His tone was filled with agitation. The demon smirked and made his way back to the desk. “Then… You will realize how close you are to getting yourself an artifact.” He tapped his index finger against his left horn. “You are still new to this… And I lead you through the baby steps, but it is coming to an end.” Mistal took the words slowly in, a dark grin curling his lips. “I figured, and I am done. The artifact shall be created and I shall become even more powerful.” He raised from his seat and moved towards the Dreadlord, standing before the giant creature without anything than a confident expression on his face. “The demon already gave me a book… A very interesting book. I shall pay the creature one last visit.” His tone was anything but pleasant. The demon perked a brow and took Mistal in. His tone was even, with a cold undertone. “You dare to call your superior –creatures-? Watch that tongue of yours Fel-sworn, for it is you who is still the lesser one!” His dark expression made way for a smirk again. “Now move to Felwood and get your artifact, and I shall meet you once you have returned.” With those words the demon vanished into thin air.

Mistal narrowed his eyes and drew a sigil. Followed by another one, soon they began to glow a bright fel green. Soon a void erupted in front of Mistal awaiting him to step through. Mistal looked through the room, the candles danced upon their small pillars. They created small shadows which danced at the same rhythm as the flame did and with those small details in his mind, Mistal stepped through the void portal making his way to Felwood.

To be continued…
“We shall prevail, and –mortals- should realize that their duty is to provide their mankind here with tools and items. To fight a greater Legion, one that would burn their beloved planet to ashes. And it shall happen, that I vow!" -Mistal'aerix

Within thin air, there appeared a void. A shadow would become visible and made his way through the Nether into Felwood. A swarm of insects flew above the corrupted pond, the smell of rotting flesh lingered heavily around the corrupted pond, waiting to be inhaled and make a weak mortal throw up.

Mistal'aerix looked over the pond, peering at the other side of the pond. His hair danced softly on his shoulders as a small breeze moved through the woods. Mistal stood there for about two minutes, before his mind gave his legs the order to move closer to the pond. As he moved closer he reached into his pouch and pulled a small vial of blood from it. He uncorked the vial and held it above the pond. With his left hand he drew a sigil above the surface of the water, followed by another one. Then he closed his eyes and mumbled some demonic words. As he opened his eyes again he tipped the head of the vial, causing a small droplet of blood to fall upon the surface of the lake, breaking the still pond's surface and causing it to boil. Mistal watched the water boil as he drew another sigil.

As the water began to boil and spit bubbles of acid into the air, a void erupted within the surface, showing a horrible demonic face. His yellow teeth showed as he grinned at Mistal with desire. “And once again the lesser demon contacts me… What is it?” The demon said, causing the water to become even more restless. Mistal narrowed his eyes, his expression unpleased. “The artifact, I have gotten myself all the tools…” He folded his arms and perked a brow. “And I ask you to create me the artifact.” Waves began to increase in size as the demon burst into laughter. “An artifact… An artifact for power? Now why would –you- need an artifact, Mistal'aerix. Did a mortal prove to you that you are anything –but- perfection?” The demon's lips curled into a dark grin, his hand moved to the surface of the water. “Hand me over the tools.”

Mistal snapped his fingers and a small portal appeared besides him. Two large voidwalker hands held the iron box out at Mistal'aerix. Mistal waved his hand and the iron box slowly levitated from the demons hands to the void in the water. The demon grabbed the iron box and opened it, smirking as he saw the two bars of Saronite. “At least you know how to get yourself Saronite… Good.” He held his other hand up. “The other tools.” Mistal nodded and from the small portal a staff came forth, Mistal grabbed the staff and placed it upon the surface of the pond. “That should be all.” The small portal closed again and Ay'meagh nodded at Mistal. “Good… Now this will take some time… I take it you have other matters to attend to? See me in a day, and the artifact shall be finished.” With those words the void decreased in size until there was nothing but green water in a pond. The water slowly became still again and Mistal his back to the pond.

Mistal'aerix decided to take a walk through the woods, seeing if there would be anything that would caught his attention, or would bring him satisfaction. The longer he moved through the forest and the day slowly turned to dusk, he did not find any enjoyment within the deserted woods.

Mistal slowly made his way back to the pond, knowing that it would take more than twelve hours for the demon to finish his artifact. He did not care, he did not know whatever it was that was weighing heavily upon his shoulders… But whatever it was… It would have great consequences for the near future…

The next day…

Mistal woke up, and let his eyes veer over the environment he was in. The Fel energy that lingered heavily around the trees, animals and other details which filled the woods, made him feel better than he ever felt.
Hours passed and Mistal began to grow tired of waiting. He had a lot of patience, but not when it came to important matters – like these-. His jaw tensed, as he inhaled, raised his arm and released a large wave of Fel-fire. His eyes widened as he heard a voice from behind. “Mistal'aerix, the artifact is ready, now summon Ay'maegh.” Mistal turned on his heels, but there was nothing. He exhaled and shook his head. He felt too trusted in these wood. He should have known better. He told himself as he moved to the edge of the pond, eyeing his mirror-image pulling a small vial filled with just a bit of blood and let a droplet break the surface of the water. A sigil, another one and then a green glow. A void began to appear in the surface of the water, showing the demonic creature grinning at Mistal.

“Your staff… It is finished.” Ay'meagh said as he stared in Mistal's eyes. “Be careful, Mistal'aerix… Now that you have acquired this item, our eyes are burned upon you and your actions.” Mistal's lips thinned as he grinned darkly. “Why, of course, Ay'maegh.” The demon's eyes widened as he heard his own name. “Be cautions, Mistal'aerix, it is not me you should worry about.” A pitching high laugh echoed against the corrupted trees. “Ha.” Mistal waved his hand dismissively. “I do not worry… Ay'maegh.” He tilted his head in a elegant, but arrogant manner. “Why would I worry, if I am confident about the matters I am about to settle.” He slowly let his eyes meet Ay'maegh's and let him absorb the words.

Ay'maegh decided not to reply to the arrogant thoughts of the Fel-sworn, instead he reached into the Nether, pulling a fel green staff from the Nether and to the surface of the pond. He nodded at Mistal to grab the staff and make it his own. Mistal lowered himself to the surface of the pond reaching for the staff. As soon as his hand reached the surface he was nailed to the ground. A cold chill ran down his spine as he stared straight into the eyes of Ay'meagh. “We do not care about your well being, nor do we have much of interest in a mortal… Pretending to be more powerful than the real creations of the Fel. Now remember my words, since it shall be my first and final warning: Once you fail just one mission, or become just as pathetic as your ‘mortal' brothers and sister. The Legion shall burn you and your mutated corpse back into the Nether. Remember this very well, since we do not warn, we only do.” With those words Mistal's body moved again. His fingers clenched around the staff, and he got back to his feet. His expression serious, a slight bit of agitation in his voice as he spoke. “I swore my life to the Legion, the Legion offered me power in return, so I would be capable of helping the Legion in their cause.” He drew a sigil in the air, small sparkles of fel energy surrounded the sigil as he continued speaking. “I shall not fail my missions, instead I shall guide my cult through the tasks given to me by my superiors.” He stepped back as the glowing sigil faded leaving a strange mark in the air. “We shall prevail, and –you- should realize that your duty is to provide the ‘mortals' here with tools and items. Now I dismiss you from the surface of Azeroth.” Mistal waved his hand and the void rapidly began to shrink. Mistal held his head high as the void would decrease in size, looking into the defeated eyes of Ay'maegh.

Mistal stood against a tree and smirked as he let his right index finger move along the staff he held in his left hand. The staff had a large green sparkle located within the head of the staff. It made a buzzing sound as the energy rotated within the staff. Mistal smirked and held his staff out at the pond. He closed his eyes and channeled energy through the staff, causing the energy sparkle to increase in size. He focused some more energy into the staff and a ball of energy released itself from the staff. The energy ball of fel caused to create a hole in the surface of the water, causing it to implode and The water rose up in a big wave, and launched corrupted fish out of the pond. Mistal grinned wickedly as he redrew his staff to his side and leaned on it. “Perfection… Ah yes.” He said as he turned and created a new void into the Nether.

His first task was completed… Now it was up to him to get the cult organized and set, for the first tainted attack…

To be continued…
Spoiler:
Disclaimer: Beware, this post contains a bit of inappropriate language. If you are quickly offended or find it hard to read such stuff, you have been warned.

There he sat behind his desk, moving his hand gently along the hilt of the staff crafted by himself and the demon Ay'meagh. His lips were curled into a sly smirk as his thought wandered elsewhere. The last few days were anything but wasted. No… they had been very pleasing to say the least. Unexpected visits, alliances being forged. It couldn't have been any better. And still there were somethings that needed to be settled.

“No time to sit in that wooden chair of yours without using that mutated body of yours for the better.” A woman voice said. Imaera cocked her head to th side and eyed him with a dark grin. Her figure stood before his desk with a strong confidence.

“Imaera… What a pleasant surprise.” Another unexpected visit. Although her confident pose would have been attractive to many men, Mistal did not bother with it. His lips lowered and thinned as he took a more serious expression. “Now what is it that you come here for?” His brow raised a little as he took the woman in. She chuckled softly as she eyed the Fel-sworn. “It seems that your mutation has brought you more confidence, Mistal'aerix. Sadly I do not tolerate your attitude.” She placed her left hand on the desk table, shadow beginning to consume the coiled hand, letting it let move over the table. Mistal shook his head slightly as he watched her somewhat overestimated spell. “Do not mock me… Imaera… You may be more experienced with the powers that came to me, but I am sure that you will have to know your place within this food chain.” He laid his hand on the staff, looking up at the woman through his brows. The sparkle in the heart of the staff slightly increased in size. He clenched his fingers around the hilt and brought the staff closer to his chest. “Do not forget that you belong to Ish'tar.”His lips curled up into a sly smirks. Her hand slowly become a fist, the cracks of fel energy poured itself through her scaly skin on her hand.

“Your arrogance will be your down fall, filthy!” She spat at him as she regained her former posture. Her eyes flamed up as she tilted her head back and laughed. “Although you may be a free man, Mistal'aerix, remember who you fight and who you have to fight for. Your arrogance is making you weak, just as the mortals around this awful planet!” “Then leave.” Mistal said with a tone of sarcasm. Her gaze would have killed a Titan if she was capable of killing a person by eyeing a person the way she eyed Mistal. “Ish'tar may be pleased with you… But I..-“ Mistal cut her short with a dismissively wave of his hand. “You, are just you… Imaera.” He cleared his throat and tilted his back up to look the woman straight in the eyes. “You see… the things I have been working on, shall have a greater impact once the seeds have been planted. All the things you have done… Are nothing more than drinking Felblood until you mutated, than you screwed your way up Ish'tar ranks and found yourself among the leaders of the shadow coven in Duskwood.” He leaned over the closer raising his hand as he did. “Now here… Within this room, things go a little different than what you have been getting used to. Here we work to gain advantages, here we fight for the Legion. Here –I- lead the operations, not you nor Ish'tar.” He raised from his seat, his hand filled with a large green bolt. “And as long as I rule this cult, you shall have to learn to show respect.” He grinned as he took her in, her eyes darting to the large chaos bolt he held up. “Now I ask you again… what is it that you come here for?” He followed her gaze at the chaos bolt and added. “Ah yes… my powers have increased. But that is not much of any importance to you, now is it?”

“N-no...” Was everything she said as he eyed the bolt in Mistal's hand. She sighed and her stance became proper, normal. “The reason why I came here, is for Ish'tar to check upon your plans… The plans you have for the members of your cult.” She placed herself comfortably on one of the stools before the desk and nodded. “That is why I came for.”

Mistal lowered himself on the chair behind the desk again and nodded at the female fel-sworn. “Very well… Now that you have said what it is you need… I shall inform you.”

To be continued…
Imaera nodded at Mistal, a spark of curiosity in her eyes, her mind set to absorb the information Mistal was about to share. “The cult shall be called, Tainted Abyss.” Mistal began as he eyed the ceiling his fingers slowly tapping against his chin. He leaned back onto the table and nodded. “And as in every cult we shall have rankings, just a few.” He smirked. “The members shall examine specific objects I have in mind, and I shall make them turn their backs on the Light, if they have not already.” As he continued to speak about the guild, he let his other hand run over the desk. Creating small sigils as he did. By the looks, it seemed that Imaera was too occupied with listening to the information he was giving her.

The smell of burning wood began to move from the table into her nostrils. Mistal watched with an entertained expression as her gaze rapidly moved to his hand. Three sigils were drawn on the table, and her eyes widened. “Immolation…” A spark released itself from the table and jumped onto her robes. Imeara did not waste another second and jumped up, eying Mistal with disbelief. “How-… You fil-…” Mistal only smirked as whispered mumbled something. Imaera bended over and began to vomit. “Now… Ish'tar and I have unsettled businesses. It surprising he had sent you here without realizing I would not be fooled by either your famine charms and looks.” Shocked his head, he raised the hand on the desk and aimed at her. Within his hand palm a spark of fel-fire formed. “Once we are done… Tell Ish'tar he could have done this himself.” He released the energy causing it to move for Imaera's chest. A screeching sound went along with the speed at which the fire raged at the woman. Still vomiting, Imaera attempted to draw a sigil to protect herself from the searing flames, but the flames already entwined themselves with her dress, devouring it without hesitation. Mistal only watched his spells do their work as he raised from his seat and walked over to the woman.
[Image: imaeravsmistal.jpg]
He raised his hand and slammed her in the face, letting her fall on her back. The sound of choking filled the room, as Imaera tried to sit back up. “Oh Imaera… What have you become… A slave to the fel, and you have not even got the time to take control over it. How sad.” Mistal folded his hand and she stopped vomiting. “You see… To duel one of our own, you have to control your powers. You have to know how to deal with these sorts of encounters. But instead… You chose to just follow Ish'tar, and hoped that he would give you more authority within the Shadow coven. Ha. What a laugh, don't you agree, dear Imaera? Would you really think Ish'tar would put so much trust in a whore like yourself? Of course he would not.” With that said Mistal made his way back behind his desk and watched the woman look at him in shock.

Although Imaera and Mistal had known each other for years, decades even. He had changed, as well as she. Although they both dedicated themselves to the Fel and the Burning legion, one chose to do so by following another Fel-sworn, while the other took the advantage of studying the Fel on his own, use it for a greater cause.

Imaera slowly got back to her feet, she glared at Mistal and drew a sigil. Mistal smirked and drew a sigil as well. Imaera looked Mistal in the eyes. She could not believe what had become of this man before her. His actions showed that he did anything, but care. And although he had a harder time studying the Fel and become what he is today, she did not think he would ever become this… monstrous. Ish'tar had sent her with a warning. But it seemed that the warning would best be saved for Ish'tar himself. What she saw today, was anything but dedication to the Shadow coven. No Mistal'aerix had done what others should have done earlier. He had taken advantage of the powers and it showed. It would be better to ally with his cult than to fight him and his cause, or else the Burning Legion would not succeed. She folded her hand and the sigil faded again. She kept her eyes on the monster, tensed her teeth and waited for his next step.

To her surprise he let his arm drop again and the sigil faded just as hers. He reached into his pouch and pulled a Fel healthstone from it. Her eyes veered at the gem as he placed it in front of him on the desk and waved at her to get it. “I take it that you have learned a new lesson, not?”His lips were thin, his eyes had a sparkle of enjoyment in them, but she knew that it was a tormenting question. She got herself together as he walked over to the desk and grinned at the man. “I would not call it a lesson, Mistal'aerix. Your powers have indeed increased and you know where to use it for. But I still have to warn you. Just as Ish'tar did. Do not forget who your enemies are, and do not dare to oppose yourself against the Legion, as it is they who shall judge your movements.” She reached for the healthstone, and as her fingers touched the stone Mistal laid his hand upon hers, eying her through his eyebrows. “Now… Before you leave and use this stone to regain your strength, do not be fooled. This was just not to show you my strength, nor was it for me to make you aware of my doings. It is that you are an ally, and so I should make sure you are able to report back to Ish'tar. If that was not the cause you would not have been able to move your finger.” His tone was as cold as ice and a chill ran down her spine. She nodded at Mistal and took the Healthstone.

She could not believe what he had become and nor would she forget. This was a lesson not just for her, but also to be taught to her fellow Shadown councilors. As she left the chamber she smirked. Luckily he would be on their side instead of those Light users, and together with the other Fel-sworn, he would make a great companion for once the battle was to start.
Pages: 1 2