Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Mirai`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
20 something student of philosophy from central Europe. I'm interested in philosophy and religion. I spend a lot of time reading on Buddhism, especially the Mahayana branch. I enjoy chatting with friends online, I have contacts from all over the world, Japan, Canada, USA, Russia ...

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I come from Slovenia, my primary language is Slovenian. I live a five minute walk from the border to Italy, so I'm bilingual and speak Slovenian and Italian with almost the same level of proficiency. I hope my English is decent.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Warcraft 2, but I don't remember much of those days, honestly; I remember Warcraft 3 clearly though, I was always a huge fan of Fantasy RTS genre. When I first tried WoW I was hooked. Even though I would say my best MMO experience was Ultima Online, World of Warcraft has a special place in my heart. I played it with my ex-girlfriend, we used to roleplay and explore together, and so ... many places across Azeroth have emotional value. :)

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I'll have to be boring: top Google result. But I was planning to do a wide research on all the options available. It's not until I saw that your rules (including having to write this introduction), FAQs and wiki are detailed and some real work has been put into it that it convinced me this server's seriousness and maturity.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Just as in real life, I enjoy discussing and confabulating - my favourite type of socializing is à deux, but a small company can be fine, too; sometimes I do enjoy relaxing in-game, but mostly it's not for me. So I prefer tense situations, either exploring, journeying or discussing. I like listening probably more than talking - and tend to ask a lot; catalyzing other people's storytelling potential. I love the English language so I'm happy if I can learn new words from native English speakers.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I'm interested in religions; in real life and in game. Therefore, my favorite races are those with the most pronounced or distinct religiosity. The first would be the Night Elves, for their multitude of gods but their predominant beautiful mystery religion, the cult of Elune. - So my favourite combination is Night Elf Priestess. - Female because traditionally the religion of Elune and its rites were conducted by priestesses.

What are your expectations of this server?:
To learn from other roleplayers. My experience is limited, I'd love to see more experienced RPers storytelling's skills in action; I want to learn and to immerse myself in intelligent people's creative minds. - It's inspiring to be able to explore other people's mindfields. - And to create my own, when possible.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
It has to be the precept of Humility. I don't think it's possible to interact with other people's imagination without that virtue; self-limitation is the condition of possibility of a RP community.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Elaine gasped, suddenly finding herself in an empty bed. It took her a whole minute to balance between dreamworld and reality. The bed is empty. Where is Elling?

Elaine sat there motionless, still in shock by the ghastly vision from the dream she just woke up from. She looks outside the window: the emptiness and silence of nightly Stormwind dissuades her from looking further.

A memory.

From a week ago. She overheard a rumour: it's hard to repeat it ... that her son, David ... him, or his body, is still dwelling - in a gloomy place called the Trisfal Glades. -

And she overheard this in the family's cheese-shoppe, in her own family's business! - ; people can be heartless in this city, she thinks. So heartless. -

She doesn't know what happened to David, nobody does. She dares not think of the gruesomest possibility of all, that the disease ... the putrid plague of Undeath had taken over him and keeps him in the state between life and death. It's one of those ... no, actually, probably the only thing ... that makes a mother hope for her own son's death.

Elaine wants to scoop the house to look for Elling, but the uncanny feeling the dream left her with - froze her. Now she remembers a fragment of the dream. David. It was her son. - - - Everything was normal, the whole Trias family was downstairs, in the kitchen, having dinner. But David had a gray discoloration around the right ear. She inquired about it, asked him, worried of course ... but David just mumbled something to himself. She kept asking, heightening her voice with each iteration; David kept eating and ignoring her, behaving almost mechanically. - - -

Nothing of the dream but this strange scene she could remember. He was so ... lifeless. His look was empty. He was there but at the same time he wasn't; absent-minded.

Elaine hears footsteps now, coming from downstairs ... she recognizes them, it's Elling. Something is going on, he must be up to something, and it's not just drinking at the tavern. She knows the rhythm of his steps so well that she can tell exactly how much he had to drink; and he's sober. Is he befriending that good-for-nothing rogue, Tony Romano again?

Elaine crawls into bed and pretends to be asleep when Elling opens the door slowly and roguishly, attempting the perfect crime of not waking Elaine up; he then lies his head full of secrets on the cushion, and closes his eyes.

The tormented Elaine hopes to have a dreamless night. She stares at the wall for hours ... she's toying with an idea ... if her own husband has ties to SI:7 - she knows because he used to brag about it, his pride always betrays him - ... well, if he knows people inside ... inside, people with that kind of intelligence, far reaching intelligence ... couldn't he use his contacts to inquire about the rumors? Could my David still be alive? But if he's ... what if he's not my David anymore? Would I even want to know? Do people with the Plague still have souls? Would he recognize me? I can't stand not knowing, but I'm also too afraid to know.

The agonizing torment exhausted poor Elaine; at dawn she fell asleep again.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Just: thank you for making this; looks really promising.
Welcome welcome!

If you haven't already, please read our rules, policies, FAQs, and take a gander at our Wiki. I look forward to seeing you on the server and be sure to /join chat upon entering, thank you! If you have any questions feel free to ask here or PM me. I'd be more than glad to help.