Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: turkdeturk`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Hello, I'm turkdeturk and I have not done much roleplaying before. I have been interested in giving it a try, but my past experiences in the retail RP servers did not seem meet my expectations. Not to mention things such as what appears in this image: http://imgur.com/Kj7iN I'm fairly laid back and I like to think I'm fairly personable if a bit quiet. I generally try to avoid speaking or posting in a situation unless I feel I have something interesting to contribute. I enjoy listening to someone and responding to them in a discussion rather then initiating things although occasionally I will find something I think is worth sharing. I've become interested in roleplaying and I would like to give it a more serious try in an environment I am familiar with. Unrelated to video games, I enjoy many different sports and I like to discuss politics with anyone as long as it doesn't upset them.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I am from the United States of America and I speak English primarily. I can speak some Spanish, but I have probably forgotten most of what I learned in my high school classes.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
A very long time ago, I played both of the Blizzard RTS titles, Warcraft and Starcraft. I didn't become much interested in the lore then, but a while later some friends and I got into the World of Warcraft beta and I had a great deal of fun leveling up and travelling around with them. Eventually we all level capped and joined a guild to raid. I started getting tired of doing the same thing over and over with a huge group of people and the same feeling of advancing with friends wasn't there anymore, especially when we started spreading out to different guilds in the interest of getting better LOOTS. As I played through I noticed the extensive detail that had gone into many of the areas, and I was fairly that most chose to ignore all of it and treated everything as go to X dude, kill Y badguy, get golds and vendortrash. I also gave a trail account a shot recently and found myself enjoying it, but I felt that the experience on retail was mostly driven by reaching the level cap and I wanted something else.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Well in an example of fine Search Engine Optimization, this server is the first result when one enters "wow private rp server" I read through the wiki and forums and felt interested in giving this server a try.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
In terms of characters, I think I would enjoy just playing a relatively "normal" character. I suppose in a fantasy world of high adventure normal is probably not the best adjective, what I mean is an average member of whatever race or some such. I like characters that don't have special gifts or powers or anything, or if they do have some significant skill, I like it to be the result of a great deal of work. I like to see such characters reach their goal simply because they defy the expectation to be normal and use what skills they do have to triumph.

In terms of roleplaying with others, I think the standard band of adventurers type of thing appeals to me. Probably because it would be similar to the pleasant experiences I associate with leveling up with my friends back in the retail beta. Being able to transition with a group of closer friends into combat, social situations, and interacting with other groups appeals to me the most.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite class is probably the warrior, simply for the charge ability. I don't really have any preferences otherwise, since all of the classes seem interesting to me from a role play perspective.

I think among the races in Warcraft, my favorite would have to be the goblins. I'm a bit of a frugal individual myself (aka cheap bastard) and the portrayal of goblins as merchants first and foremost appeals to me, especially when combined with their engineering prowess in this depiction.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I'm expecting a small community that is dedicated to roleplaying, and a group of server admins who make sure that everybody pays attention to the Warcraft lore, instead of ending up allying with some kind of combination of Harry Potter and Goku.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
My favorite of the rules is the one on knowing when to quit. I've read many stories of people not keeping IC and OOC separate, for the most part people having OOC grudges and becoming unpleasant IC. I'd hate to see someone becoming upset from an action in the game, and I hope to avoid any action that might cause that.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I'd like to wait on this until I've had a chance to play some. I'm fairly embarrassed by any sort of writing I produce, and maybe playing on the server could give me some practice so I am more comfortable.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I am looking forward to giving this a try if you guys accept my application!
KAMEHAMEHA!?

Tee hee.

Hello turkdeturk! I'm Loxmardin and it's my pleasure to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

If you haven't already, I'd suggest that you double-check the rules and policies of the server on our very own CotH Wiki. If you have any questions, you should consult the Wiki and the available subforums which contain a fair bit of information ("Forum: Search" is your friend!) first but you are of course always welcome to contact a GM if you can't find what you're looking for, or ask on the forums!

Have fun, enjoy your stay and see you in-game!

Happy RPing!

//Loxxy