Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Free gold at certain lvls?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Myself, being a lvl 22, am finding it hard to afford to pay for my training. I know I can get approved and then get money but while I'm waiting, I'd love to be able to lvl up, I'm worried about lvl 30 with mounts, althought it is cheaper I still think I wont be able to afford such a thing as my money is down to silver again after training. I think we should something like 1 gold at lvl 10 and 45gold at lvl 30 for mounts, same applying to lvl 60 mounts if anyone gets that far. I hope some of you like my idea and reply.
I'm sorry to shoot down your idea, but the Gms would waste too much time giving people gold that level instead of Rp.
I agree with Rune on this one. It's a hassle for GM's to do. Go farm, you'll rack up gold in no time.
I'm actually lousy at knowing where to farm, and being so far behind in my training, not that quick at killing stuff either. I'd kinda like to spend farming time as RP time, so this idea appeals to me.

There could be custom quests put into one of the neutral areas for each of the appropriate levels, a "congratulations, you're level [x], here's your cash!" type of thing, only a little more IC. Could also award a default set of gear based on level, or maybe custom merchants with <70th level gear on them if that would be easier...

You know, if any GM has the interest in this but lacks the time to do the legwork (quest text, deciding what to choose as default gear), lemme know if you'd like me to pitch in. I don't like suggesting/asking for something that may take some time without offering to help. ;)
Gold doesn't really matter here. The more you roleplay, the quicker you get to leveling.
Yeah why even bother to level? All you need to do is RP RP RP, hopefully receive vouches/get approved and poof, you'll be level 70.
Sometimes it's fun to just play the game when the timing isn't right to RP. Vouching to 70 isn't something I imagine I'd want to do with every character...
Then I am sure there are several PvE servers you could go to, this is as stated an RP server.
Nevena Wrote:Vouching to 70 isn't something I imagine I'd want to do with every character...

Also, only you, the player, needs to be vouched for. That gets your first character leveled to 70, then any profiles that are approved afterward will be leveled to 70 as well. This is all explained in the Profiles stickies, I think.
You're right, Qaza, I used poor phrasing! I meant just having auto-boosting up to 70 -- I often enjoy playing the characters "as-is".

And yes, there are lots of places to farm, get cash, etc -- I don't mean to imply cash infusions at level intervals are needed, just that I agree they'd be keen. :)
You still need to be vouched for or create a character profile, as at level 40 you will get deleted if you're not. I don't think you necessarily have to go ahead and get your character leveled to 70 but this is an RP server- and a full-fledged one. Just because there is no one online/no one is RPing (people are always RPing) doesn't mean you just go out and PvE because no one's around. If you want to do that, have two items in your realmlist.wtf and switch inbetween them. Go on COTH, and if nothing is happening switch on to a PvE server. Then, when you want to RP, go back to COTH.

You don't have to be on COTH 24/7.
Nostra Wrote:Then I am sure there are several PvE servers you could go to, this is as stated an RP server.

This begs the question -- is hunting/questing so actively discouraged as a server policy?

It's pretty self-evident that there's little reason to be on a private RP server if someone doesn't want to RP (or retail RP server if you ask me, but that's an old soapbox). However, if hunting/questing for fun/relaxation/character development is so seriously frowned on, that should probably be made more clear up front.
The distinction is not that it's seriously frowned upon, it's that it's just apart from the server purpose. The server purpose is to roleplay with others. Relaxing and questing are fine, but there are servers better suited to that cause- and there are just various other reasons, some minor some not so.

Like, the more players online- the more the server lags. Sure, the difference for each player is miniscule, but if you have twenty people online- and only eight are roleplaying, that's twelve players mucking about that cause an extra strain on the server.

But when it comes down to it, the administration frowns more not at leveling/questing/PvE but refusing to post a Character Profile because you think it's tedious, and expect the GMs to fund you so you can PvE for fun. You want to PvE and just relax, there are servers for that. This is a server for roleplay and the main attraction is roleplay and the main concern should be roleplay.
Bolshe Wrote:But when it comes down to it, the administration frowns more not at leveling/questing/PvE but refusing to post a Character Profile because you think it's tedious
Ah, I get it, I think we're talking about different things. It's a shame there has to be a policy enforcing people putting up character profiles, etc., but I think that's a policy we all can get behind.
I don't agree that it's a shame, a profile system (though I do think the current system could use a liiiiittle work) is just what every RP server needs. It makes sure the people RPing and that get the GM attention (leveling/items/etc.) are here to RP.
Pages: 1 2