Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Kevis`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well, generally I am a very quiet person, I like serious roleplaying, with a side of some fun. I often play either very dark characters or often very chaotic characters. I use to play on Moon Guard, was great friends with several guilds and always enjoyed meeting new people and random roleplay.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I come from a mythic land, way to the north! ... I come from, Canada! I of course, speak English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Way, way, way back when, I found a love for roleplaying games, the leveling, the customization, I just fell in love with the idea that was Warcraft before it had even been released. As soon as it was, I rushed to get it, and probably had the best time of my life, being a level five noob running around and exploring this vast new place! It was truly amazing.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I found your site on one of those, 'Top one hundred' sites, while doing my best to find a roleplaying server, its actually amazingly hard to find a decent roleplaying server, and the fact your server has this questionnaire set up to keep out the others... I believe I like it even more!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Hmm, I would have to say all of the above, I do like relaxing at a tavern, grabbing a drink and sharing some back story to see if it whisks me off into some adventurous tale to give depth to my character and meet some new people and get into the groups as it were. I do enjoy fighting and action with some danger, and I am never afraid to kill my character if I end up loosing a fight. I have used all methods of combatRP, using rolls, basic trust that the person will take a wound, and ... Rolls I suppose.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Ah, my favorite class and race, but... I have so many! These so far would be my favorite selections, Gnome Mage, Troll Warrior and Undead Rogue.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I am expecting some decent roleplay, and maybe some new friends! Just to get back into WoW and talk to people would be nice, create some adventures, travel Azeroth, the works.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Hmm, the Knowing When to Quit rule would be my favorite rule for I have had some people go as far as OOCly trying to knock me down for playing an evil, or insane character. Not many people seem to put a difference between me and my character.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
A now middle-aged man walked out of his small log cabin. It was a cold evening to say the least; he tugged his bear fur vest tighter to his body. His wife Venala stood in the doorway and smirked as he headed off to the wood shed, his build was that of a lumberjack or a decent hunter. He grabbed the axe and hobbled off into the forest, step at a time, making his way through the woods, one would call this basic times now, many people were still settling in. Once he found a small enough tree, he set to cutting it down, one hack at a time. Of course, this was his basic life, nothing out of the ordinary, he dragged the logs back to his wood shed and set them on the pile. Stacking them up nicely, he did enjoy a cleaner life out doors. He set the axe back in the wood block outside and headed back inside to his wife, carefully taking off his boots and setting them by the inside of the door as soon as he was inside. Venala greeted him with a wave from the side of the fireplace; she had started to cook a soup. The house held a smoky smell from the fireplace, leaving the smell trapped in the furs that insolated the small building. The two did not mind, it was home to them. The only other member of the family was a massive dog that was in the corner in a huge hand crafted basket layered with furs, head hanging out of it and appearing to be asleep, Colvon simply smiled at them both and headed towards the table to help prepare dinner. He personally enjoyed rabbit with his soup, and started to cut up the small animal, one swift motion after another, getting the small bits of meat and pieces he enjoyed for the soup and set them aside. The cloth of the table was always stained with blood, probably why it was always there. But alas, after a long dinner and happy talk, the two went off it bed, this was the typical life of this man and this woman.
Nightfall came; howls in the night had startled Bane. His barking caused Colvon to get up and drag himself out of the bed, the sleeping arm of his wife reaching for him but she ended up just curling into the soft blankets. Dragging himself to the door to find the cause of such racket, he slipped on his boots, vest, and grabbed his musket beside the door. Bane was eager to follow and what master would deny a hunting dog a hunt? The two set off into the dark forest, the boots connecting with twigs and dirt, it was quiet however. No sound stirred in the woods, not an owl or even the howling wolves, nothing stirred. Bane sniffed around, and looked back, trying to sniff out a trail before whimpering. “What is it, Bane? What do you smell?” His deep husky voice rang out across the trees, he didn't mean to sound so loud, but the woods at this time of night with no sound was something that un nerved him. Checking his gun, the dog led him onto a trail, at first it appeared to go nowhere, just around, a few trails he had set up but nothing vividly important. It was his log cabin that he saw next, the dog however was growling fiercely, not daring to approach the house. “Boy, this is our house, need not be scared.” He chuckled to himself, and headed back to the cabin, his pace balancing out into a calm stance, he felt safe now, his own safe haven.
The door was ripped apart, gouges across the wood around it, one could hear the sniffing and ripping of flesh. His footsteps on the twigs became the sounds of massive jaws against bone, snapping them like twigs in their mouthes. He closed his eyes, he knew there was no one home, he could pray… A stray animal perhaps had entered his house, but she was gone, no time to dwell. They are in his house! He turned the corner and brought up the muzzle of the gun, and took aim… Only taking aim, what stood before him caused him to nearly soil his fine linens. Nearly eight feet tall and covered in hair, the red eye glistened as the huge snout turned in his direction. Was it wolf? Or was it man? Fel f**k it if he knew, it was going to eat him! He slammed his finger against the trigger of the weapon and the small lead ball ripped from the muzzle into the huge beast, a rib snapped, and out it came of the other side. Blood sprayed the already dripping walls, and the beast appeared to fall, “Hah. Not so tough.” He dragged himself slowly, now holding the rifle as a close range weapon, no time to reload such an ancient weapon!
He turned and saw her golden hair spread across the ground, stained in the thick red liquid that was generally inside of her. Her chest was torn open, and several limbs missing, she was dead obviously, but this man still fell to her side. His hands set upon her chest and he simply let out a cry, at first he begged for her to wake up, then blamed himself for his failure to protect her, how he should of left Bane as a protector, he couldn't shake these thoughts. Bane remained silent by the door, a guardian, and the dog knew a master had fallen and took mourning his own way. Colvon had set into crying into the bloodied remains of his wife, trying to contain himself, not even recalling the huge beast he thought he had just slain.
From behind, the worgen beast crawled up, blood spewing from its side wound; Colvon heard the creaking of the wood floor and only managed to turn to meet the claws of the beast's hand face on. Incredible pain besieged him as four of the claws ripped across his face, two only deep enough to scratch the skin, the other two however were deep enough to rip right down to the bone. His eye was nearly gone in one swipe, and his nose had snapped so easily at the might of such a creature. He forced himself backward in another jump, blood dripping over the side of his face, half blind and trying to fight off a huge creature. Next thing he could recall was the massive jaw latched onto his shoulder, all the fangs locked right down against his shoulder and tearing into the flesh and muscle, nearly shattering the bone at the pure strength of the jaw.
Bane had not just turned blind eye to this as the huge hunting dog leaped, snarling viciously and set right for the beasts neck. No one was to touch his master, and he would see to it, the massive Worgen would flail an arm, but Bane was latched on tight, forcing the Worgen to release itself from Colvon's shoulder who just lay there in shock. Two sounds of howling and whimpering occurred while Colvon tried to get over what had happened, pain never left him, searing and tormenting at his flesh like an angry plague, he slid to the side and just closed his eyes very slowly. He felt as if his time had come, and he was ready.

The push of a wet nose was all Colvon could feel next, a dog, stained in blood sat before him. A furry mess of blood and gore lay behind him, his wife to his side, and his house was close to looking like a personal murder cottage. This was of course no longer his home… It was a hell in some words; he pushed himself up and gathered his supplies, his rifle, his knife and sword. His vest and boots, and set out into the wild with Bane after setting fire to the small house. To deep in the forest for anyone to really notice the flames or smoke, but his life was over, it was time to start a new. His wounds were tended too when he was far enough away, thinking they are just an average bite, treat it as so.
But this is the end of Colvon's story, as when he was found next, he was a simple hunter in the corner of a tavern. Silent, cloaked, and looking very with the dog by his feet, this man was just a man, sitting in a tavern to wait for his time.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I was a bit curious, did not see this put anywhere, but can a person with Cata play on this server as well even if it states this server is 3.3.5? I am not talking about myself, but rather someone very close.
Hello Kevis! I'm Loxmardin and it's my pleasure to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

I'm not entirely certain about the client problem, though. I think, what most people do here on CotH who play retail, is that they make a separate copy of their WoW folder that they keep on patch 3.3.5 and down on the WoTLK expansion. Maybe this should be considered as an option. I have little clue personally on how to pull this off since I'm not currently playing retail, but there are plenty of people around you could ask if you need help with that.

Though, I don't think you could play properly with a patched up client.

If you haven't already, I'd suggest that you double-check the rules and policies of the server on our very own CotH Wiki. If you have any questions, you should consult the Wiki and the available subforums which contain a fair bit of information ("Forum: Search" is your friend!) first but you are of course always welcome to contact a GM if you can't find what you're looking for, or ask on the forums!

Have fun, enjoy your stay and see you in-game!

Happy RPing!

//Loxxy