Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: General feelings towards one and another -WIP-
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, this post has been being tossed around in my head for a while. Basically, it's a guide using real-life examples to show how the races of Azeroth would feel towards each other. Warning, things may be uncomfortable.

Now, I'm not saying to make a new Character. This is just a reference so if you ever decide to, in my opinion rightfully, make a racist character, you know how they would feel. Just imagine yourself in the poster's position.

Orcs

Naturally, Orcs are one of the most hated races in World of Warcraft. They have managed to piss off every Alliance race (and even a few Horde races) and survived internal strife and still managed to live. On top of this, they, or at least many of them, view the majority of other races as weak. Case in point, Garrosh. Yes, people don't like Garrosh, but he is an atypical Orc.

Confrontation with Human/Dwarf/Gnome/High Elf

Spoiler:
From the perspective of a Stormwind citizen pre First War.

So, imagine you're in a Mall in real life. You've got some friends/family not far away, minding their own business. So, you're being a loner and staying away from them. The next bench over, you have two other people that you know kind of well, yet not as well as your friends. This day, the mall isn't that busy.

You look up from your book/cellphone/Ipad/what have you and notice two people walking towards you. They, out of nowhere, ask you to stand up. Having no clue what's going on, you oblige and stand up. They punch you in the face, knocking you to the ground. Then they proceed to kick you while you're down until they're satisfied. Then, they move onto the people next to you.

Much the same happens with them. By this time, your friends/family, along with one person you kind of know, notice what's going on, and they grab their complimentary pitchforks and torches. Combined, all six of them attack the people that attacked you. Combined, they force the attackers back to their shop.

Your friends help you up, and you all, combined, put the attackers on quarantine, locking them in their shop. However, what you failed to notice is that two attackers splintered off. One of them stands a while away, taunting you. When you run after him, he runs and returns when you return, keeping a healthy distance. The other is hiding behind a plant, invisible to the eye.

The one that's taunting you suddenly attacks. In their attack, they manage to free more of the people. The attacks continue, them hitting and running your flanks, and each attack getting more of their own people free. Once everyone is free, they, instead of attacking you, decide to flee. One of your friends/family member decides this isn't enough, and she chases them while you all tend to your wounds.

Now, switch to the chaser's perspective. They go to a completely new shop and you land. Here, you meet a completely new group of people. You set to building your city when, suddenly, a sumo wrestler walks in the shop. The new people point you to a cookie sitting on a pedestal, saying that if the sumo wrestler gets that, then you are all royally screwed. So, together with the attackers and the new people, you fight off the Sumo Wrestler, although just barely.

However, you can't forget that they attacked you. Multiple times. They kicked your brother/friend while they were down, and then ran. Of course, you're still going to be pissed at them. So, you make a hasty agreement and go to lick your wounds and harbor your old hatred for them.

Confrontation with Kaldorei

Spoiler:
From the perspective of a Sentinel that cares very much about Ashenvale.

So, you wake up one day. It's a typical day. You brush your teeth, brush your hair, and get dressed for another day of joy. You drink your coffee, make sure you look spick and span then pick up your suitcase and walk out, putting on your best fake smile for the world.

However, once you step outside you see some people with a bulldozer knocking over half of your house. Your dog manages to come stay with you and, outraged, you confront the aggressors. They inform you that they need your house for a new mall. However, you were never informed.

When you inform them that you were never informed, they shrug and shout more commands. You, redfaced with anger by now, slap the supervisor. He slaps you back, and you two descend into an all out fight. The fighting ends in a stalemate, and you two, slowly, agree to stop fighting. However, they, refusing to rebuild the bulldozed part of your house, start building a mall on the side of your house, occasionally stripping off a bit of tapestry when they feel like it.

Confrontation with Draenei

Spoiler:
So, you've been living in your house for a while. There are some people a few doors down who you have a "friendly" competition with to see who can have the shiniest Christmas decorations. Some new people move in, with you between them and your old "friends". You two hit it off great. You're not at eachother's house every Saturday afternoon for Brunch, but you don't have a sniper rifle hanging out your window at their pillow.

Christmas season comes around again. You engage in your competition with full-out enthusiasm. One day, you look out your sniper gun-less window and see your new neighbor cutting your power wire. Betrayed (and having to pay a lot for the new wire), you decide this street should go to hell, so you leave it. However, when you completely settle in to your new place, you notice that your old new neighbors live next to you again. Of course, you'll still hate 'em.

Xigo's version

So get this. There's this other guy on your block with an entire family. Wife, kids, his parents. They all live in the same house, and while they're good neighbors, they keep their distance. Well one day your boss comes over to your house and tells you to take some drugs. Thinking they're good, you take them. He then uses his influence over you to tell you to go mess your neighbors up. You go over there and murder the guy's entire family, and he runs off.

A few years later, you move to another place. And then another few years later, that neighbor moves back in near you. Your words?

"Oh shit."

Humans

Humans are... well, Humans. Just a bit stockier and taller then a lot of people in real life. They're the Orcs main antagonists, with the feelings being thrown right back at them the majority of the time. Being one of the younger Warcraft races, they're very versatile, as they have yet to be completely Light loving, like the Draenei, or arcane loving, like the Blood Elves.

Confrontation with Orcs

Spoiler:
Orc point of view

So, imagine you run a pastry shop. You've run this pastry shop for a while, and, eventually, for whatever reason, you have to move to a new place. Down the street is another pastry shop. Upon you setting up, you notice they have a sale. You get little to no business, so you drop your own prices. This continues for a long long time, until you both are just going for competition.

You two agree to a truce. However, fresh in your minds are the pastry wars of 2010...

[[Short one, yes. GTFO.]]

Karunzo's version.

Imagine you're a small child at the beach. You're just chilling out, making sand castles when all of a sudden some kid you've never met before comes at you and starts destroying your sand castles. Eventually you manage the drive the bully off. A little while later you see that the bully has started making his own sand castles. To get your revenge you destroy his sand castles and leave statisfied. After this faithfull day on the beach you keep running into the bully at school. You mostly try to get out of eachother's way but when pushed enough you're not afraid to fight it out.

Confrontation with Blood Elves

Spoiler:
Human point of view.

So, imagine you're in High School again. You have a distant friend named Lor'themar. This Lor'themar is distant from your group of friends, yet he still sits with you at lunch. One thing you know him for is how smart he is. He aces all his tests, homeworks and projects whereas you barely get a C.

However, one day, he fails a test. Consequently, he freaks out. He goes goth, doesn't care about class, and overall overreacts. Your group gives him a little bit of talking to about the attitude, but then, he starts hanging out with a completely different group. Remember, in your mind, you did absolutely nothing wrong. He basically just overreacted.

Confrontation with Night Elves/Draenei

Spoiler:
Human.

So, again, you're in High School. A new kid comes. This kid is also a goth, but him and Lor'themar hate each other. After Lor'themars betrayal, you two become friends. Albeit, you don't like goths, but you hang out with him anyways.

Dwarf/Gnome

Dwarf and Gnomes are different and alike in many ways. One, strong and loving their drink. The other, small, not very athletic, but great with technology. However, they're both small and they live with each other. Together, they balance each other out like yin and yang. Because they live with each other, or so close to each other, they share a lot of opinions with eachother.

Night Elf

Night Elves are purple, tall, and have facial tattoos. They ride around on giant kitties and fly on talking hippogryphs. On top of this, they live in trees, turn into trees, but probably don't pee on trees. Oh, and their capital is, literally, on the top of a tree. Do you get what I'm saying? They love trees, and all around nature.

Confrontation with everything

Spoiler:
So, imagine your family has, say, 5 kids. You grow up in a castle. Naturally, you're very protective of your castle. Your parents raise you to defend the castle. One of you uses a sword, one of you uses a bow, one of you uses a claymore, one of you uses your charisma and the last one uses the pet bear.

You live peacefully, as noone gives enough of a damn to come to your island and try to take away your castle. So, you begin to think that your training was for naught. However, then some people show up. They live on the other side of your island, and you don't even notice them. Then, they launch a surprise attack on your castle! You, not ready for this, hastily begin to prepare your weapons, machines and insults. Then, another tribe shows up!

You learn that this tribe also wants your castle blown up, but not as badly. However, then a third group comes! They want to blow up all your castles, even though you're the only one with a castle. For some odd reason, they care. So, you three group together and vanquish the castle killer! You enter a group with the people that kind of want your castle blown up, but the others keep to their antics.

Draenei

Draenei are a mixture of Smurfs, Goats and Davey Jones that live for thousands of years. They also ride elephants and have interstellar spaceships, powered by floating batteries of light. Their worst enemies are, literally, their evil brothers, and they want their brothers exterminated. Family love is key within the Warcraft family. They've often been the brunt of many others extermination jokes.

Blood Elf

Now, Blood Elves are one of the more OOCly hated races, and one of the more popular. If played correctly, though, they're not as bad as most people make them. Through the last 8 years, they've gone through more work then they've had to for a few thousand years. They view these as simple misunderstandings, yet many other races view this as betrayals.

Undead

Undead are, well, Undead. No, they don't eat brains, but they do have lumps of flesh fall off them at random intervals. The fact that sometimes those lumps of flesh crawl away doesn't help with their self image either. Of course, they weren't always dead. They, like the Blood Elves, are misunderstood. In their mind, of course. However, a lot of races don't like how they go about doing things.

Tauren

The Shu'halo are one of the more peaceful races of Warcraft, despite the people they hang out with. Giant, Shamanistic and Nomadic cows do not have good beef though, sorry. The Taurahe were originally just the above. Giant, Shamanistic and Nomadic. With the Orcs helping them clear out a threat of Centaur, they joined the Horde and got sucked into a messed up group, not that they would be any better in the Alliance.

Troll

Trolls, naturally, freak a lot of people out. The males have a major hunchback, huge tusks, and are usually green, or some other "natural" color. The women are still "natural", although they have smaller tusks and a straight back. Still, the fact that they used to, and still do occasionally, eat each other or sacrifice each other to their Loa doesn't help much. That, and a lot of them can turn you into a frog.

For later!
Excellent. Very easy to understand.
I think Rensin posted something like this a while back.
I love this, it is very detailed. Good work!
Edited OP.

Yes, they're small, but I personally feel that they get the message across just the same.
I'm really sorry... but you know Taur-ahe is the language of the Tauren right? Not the name of the race. Which is usually just Tauren or Shu'Halo.
Ah, damnit. I was thinking of Shu'halo. Thank you.
Added Night Elves.
...I...I think the draenei would be very insulted by the watering down of their race's greatest tragedy...I mean...I know you're trying to use real life scenarios...but like...come on.

And...I don't even think it works...It just...I wasn't able to figure out what was what...
I like this! Thank you for the info!
I think the relation between Humans and Orcs is more then just competition.
It's more of a deep rooted hatred that the two races feel between eachother because of their past the way I see it.
For the humans atleast I imagine it'd be more along the lines of this:

Imagine you're a small child at the beach. You're just chilling out, making sand castles when all of a sudden some kid you've never met before comes at you and starts destroying your sand castles. Eventually you manage the drive the bully off. A little while later you see that the bully has started making his own sand castles. To get your revenge you destroy his sand castles and leave statisfied. After this faithfull day on the beach you keep running into the bully at school. You mostly try to get out of eachother's way but when pushed enough you're not afraid to fight it out.
I added yours, Karunzo. And welcome back!
Orcs towards Draenei

So get this. There's this other guy on your block with an entire family. Wife, kids, his parents. They all live in the same house, and while they're good neighbors, they keep their distance. Well one day your boss comes over to your house and tells you to take some drugs. Thinking they're good, you take them. He then uses his influence over you to tell you to go mess your neighbors up. You go over there and murder the guy's entire family, and he runs off.

A few years later, you move to another place. And then another few years later, that neighbor moves back in near you. Your words?

"Oh shit."
Added!
One thing. Trolls can be blue, green and even violet or purple. The only ones that can grow moss and small plants on their bodies are Forest Trolls. And only males are hunched, possibly due to the massive tusks they bear, compared to the females' small ones.
Pages: 1 2