Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Server Crashing and (possibly) you.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings,

Just a quick word I'd love to spread. <3 If you notice that whatever you're doing seems to cause a server crash, and that it repeats, stop doing it and report it through PMing the admins. Why? Because it's not by doing the action a million time that the server will finally agree "Okay, now you crashed me a million times, now I'll let you finish your quest". Please be considerate, there seems to be a stupid coding mistake since the last update.

Also if you've got any idea what could possibly crash the server, let Kretol know yet again. It's maybe more likely it's a recurrent event that's causing the server to crash, more than any player input (it's been stable for a long while), but if you notice you're possibly responsible for the server crash, do be nice and tell the admins. I don't think you'll be punished.

That's it with my lil rambling, now I'll edit my Theramore map on Settlers VI and work my own bugs out.

Have a nice day <3
-Some girl who's stolen the mic at the management's office
Some of us don't know if what we're doing is actually causing a server crash, though.

For example, the other day the server crashed whenever someone whispered someone who was offline, which can happy to just about anyone who replied to a whisper of a person that logged out. We shouldn't assume that someone is trying to make the server crash.
No, but it's a possibility, and in such a case it'd be quite nice for the 'culprit' to show up, if possible. If after three times you notice /w an offline person, for instance, causes server crashes it might be more wise to let Kretol know than to keep it for oneself, isn't it?

Just a friendly call, I believe something's up with the server itself, but we never know. :>
This thread made me feel bad...

I CONFESSED IN SHOUTBOX! THERE!

*cries in his emo corner*