Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: laughinghorror`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I'm a bit odd and antisocial, but I'm generally polite, and enjoy roleplaying. I'm still somewhat new to it, but I've got experience with creating characters and writing short stories. I'm a jack of all trades, so I enjoy art, music, writing, and reading. As such, I have a decent vocabulary, and my only regular shortcoming is my tendency to forget capitalization.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm from the US, in Maine. I know bits and pieces of other languages, but really I only speak English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I took interest in WoW for a few reasons. First off, I enjoy role play and creating fictional characters. Besides that, a friend of mine recommended it to me, so I decided to give it a try.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
The same friend showed it to me, and suggested I make an account. Once I looked into it, it seemed fairly interesting.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I've done some fighting roleplay, and some calm character development roleplay, although always in pairs. I've also played D&D, so I've got a bit of experience there. Overall, I'm somewhat new, so I'm up for anything.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I tend towards more lithe characters like assassins and rogues, I go for something of a stealth kill policy when possible, more of a skill over power thing, but I also have a lot of fun just facing the hordes. From what my friend has told me, I'd probably be most interested in a Blood Elf rogue(I think that's how it's spelt). Something fast and agile I suppose.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Mostly I'm just hoping to have fun and explore some new character designs.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The ones related to maturity and common sense. Many of the rules are fairly self evident, but it's still nice that they're stated. It helps keep the game fun and fair, without people overreacting.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
(This isn't following WoW lore, more a collection of mythology. You don't have to read it all, I got a bit carried away.)
A stinging taste was on the air, and the trees were spotted with blood. Off to one side of the clearing, a broken tusk lay in the dirt. The Orcs had passed through here, I was sure of it. The third day of the hunt, and I was already running low on supplies. I would have to finnish this soon.
I headed back into the tree cover, following the path of destruction. It wasn't long before I found a fire pit in the woods, still warm. I was about to continue my search when my heart froze in my chest. Hanging across a branch, swaying in the warm breeze, was a small wooden doll. The ice in my chest spread through my veins as I charged through the woods. The village said nothing of a missing child, so with luck they might not have killed her yet. Faster and faster through the forest, branches whipping my face. I had to save her. I would never allow them to take another.
For a moment before I broke through to the next clearing, time froze and I considered a stealthier approach. My rage took control however, and I charged straight into the nearest Orc. As we flew through the air together, I had a chance to glance around. There were at least five or six Orcs, and the girl hung in a wooden cage above the fire. I drew a knife and used the force of our landing to drive it fully into the surprised Orc's heart. I managed to plant a knife in the chests of one more Orc before the remaining four drew their swords. If it was four against one, I didn't stand a chance.
My only option was to take the initiative, trying to kill them one by one before the others could reach me. I ducked under the first strike, cutting the beast's throat and throwing my last knife into another Orc's hide. I picked up one of the slain's sword's, turning to face the last two. It was heavy, but it would do. I focused on bringing it down to one on one, stabbing one Orc as he pulled back to swing.
The last Orc, a scarred, battle torn warhorse, looked around the clearing. He stared me in the eyes, and I saw real intelligence burn behind them.
"You know your way around a sword, young as you are."
I was surprised at his speech, and backed off a bit.
"Your kind killed my people. I work as a man for hire now, and I specialize in killing you thugs." With that, I lept forward, anger fueling my aching muscles. I saw a glint from the corner of my eye, and twisted to dodge his strike. I drove my sword into his chest, and fell on my back, exhausted.
"Well played, young one. I hope you find peace some day."
I smiled despite myself. This one would have a proper funeral.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I'm still new, but hopefully I won't mess up too much. I'm looking forward to trying this, and hope you enjoyed my story, despite it's dragging on.
Hello laughinghorror! I'm Loxmardin and it's my pleasure to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

If you haven't already, I'd suggest that you double-check the rules and policies of the server on our very own CotH Wiki. If you have any questions, you should consult the Wiki and the available subforums which contain a fair bit of information ("Forum: Search" is your friend!) first but you are of course always welcome to contact a GM if you can't find what you're looking for, or ask on the forums!

Have fun, enjoy your stay and see you in-game!

Happy RPing!

//Loxxy
Yes! You mades it in!