Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: EllyNeko`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I've been a fan of World of Warcraft and it's lore for about four years now, and a lover of roleplaying for much of my life. I have roleplayed on multiple text-based forums, and World of Warcraft roleplaying servers were a brilliant combination of 3D experience and interaction with other fascinating, dedicated lovers of roleplay.

I enjoy World of Warcraft as a relaxing few hours of downtime between school and work for various in and out of school projects and events, and have always appreciated the social benefit above all. Though I no longer play retail, I continue to talk to friends I've met on servers over a year later.

I am not very 'hardcore' at WoW, always preferring to explore a new environment or PvE experience than the beating the crap out of someone in the Arena for epic PvP gear. RP servers gave me a great chance to both play at a casual level and have an even greater level of interaction and fun while playing.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
The United States, east coast. English is my main language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Though I've never played the Warcraft games, I have spent many hours immersed in the Warcraft Wiki, reading page after page about its history. Though I am not "encyclopedic" as you have quaintly put it, I know the histories of every playable race in World of Warcraft, the event timelines of each game, and much of the history surrounding World of Warcraft itself. I have played World of Warcraft for four years or so, so I have a pretty decent knowledge of how races interact, deity background, and general background information of the essentials.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
To be honest, it was one of the most mentioned on Google, go figure. A friend of mine had also heard about it, but never applied to it. When I ran out of money for retail, I still had a desire to return to the roleplaying servers, so I googled around 'til I found this one.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
My roleplay in the game consisted of whatever I happened to run into. I joined with people I met as I leveled, and spent most of my roleplaying time fighting, going into instances, or traveling. I also enjoyed guild meetings and tavern discussions. I suppose I'm happy wherever I can roleplay.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
On the Alliance, I've always favored Night Elves. Rogues and druids were some of my first characters, so they are the classes that appeal to me most. On the Horde side I have an uncanny love of trolls and taurens of any class as well as the occasional Blood Elf.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect that it's nowhere as crowded as retail servers were, but I'm optimistic that I'll still find a decent group of friends, guildmates, or clanmates to meet and adventure with. As long as I can have a few good conversations and explorations with people I can meet while leveling or just walking around a city I'll be quite content.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The essentials of maturity, appreciation for grammar and punctuation, and godmoding are always pluses, but I think humility is one that it is new to me. I suppose the addition of a 3D, "physical" world warrants it, but it made me think a little when imagining what character to make up and the personality behind it.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Ooh! I've always loved stories, especially impromptu ones. I'm not too sure what to write about, however, and would like to ask to complete this later? Most likely it will involve the character I have in mind now.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Joining this site was a little confusing, as I was unsure where to start or how, and navigation was a little erratic. I think I have the list down, though, and can't wait to meet people from all over the country and beyond both in the game and out. Hope I can join in soon, thank you!
Hello EllyNeko! I'm Loxmardin and it's my pleasure to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

If you haven't already, I'd suggest that you double-check the rules and policies of the server on our very own CotH Wiki. If you have any questions, you should consult the Wiki and the available subforums which contain a fair bit of information ("Forum: Search" is your friend!) first but you are of course always welcome to contact a GM if you can't find what you're looking for, or ask on the forums!

Have fun, enjoy your stay and see you in-game!

Happy RPing!

//Loxxy