Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Drenyon`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I am an eighteen year-old highschool graduate, who is in the midst of soberly and deliberately determining precisely what my next step forward should be... Although, I worry I may have put too much thought into the matter already, and simply thought myself into a corner.

At any rate, I have a passion for literature, history, fantasy, mythology, storytelling, heroism, culture, fine art, and, naturally... Roleplaying.
My hobbies include videogaming (At least, up until the laser in my XBox died recently), as well as more traditional games, such as D&D, and card games, such as Yu-Gi-Oh!, and Magic: the Gathering (Though I've been quite put off of Yu-Gi-Oh, recently). I also compose fairly rudimentary themes and tunes through several programs on my computer, and enjoy creating videogame sprites (For the most part, I edit existing, official sprites... Heavily), primarily as a means of character design. I am also in the process of writing what I hope will become a sublime masterpiece of fantasy storytelling... At a pace which can only be approximately compared to that of a snail. An asthmatic snail... Although, I have made some headway, recently.

During roleplay, I am admittedly prone to creating a character which is simply a projection of myself, due to my escapist tendencies, though, obviously, I will create others as well.
Ironically, I believe my appreciation for escapism - as well as my tendency to romanticize the past, and my love of fantasy - stem from the fact that I find those worlds and eras to be, in ways, more "real" than our own, and, so, my desire to live in a world I find more appealing. So, while I may be an "escapist" in the sense that I dislike our world, and wish to escape it, it's not a matter of escaping from reality, so much as it is escaping to reality.

Lastly, as I reread some of what I've already written on this page, I feel I should say that - although I can see how one might infer it - I'm not as conceited or snobby as one might presume from reading this. This vocabulary and writing style are simply the style I use while roleplaying, and often while conversing through the internet. I'm also trying to make a good impression, as I frequently find joining a new community rather daunting.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I hail from Canada, in fact, which makes English my first language - although I do have some knowledge of French, as well.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Well, naturally, as an enthusiast of fantasy in general, I always felt some level of attraction to World of Warcraft. However, as I grew to know more and more people who were involved in it, I began to be intrigued by it even more: those who took part in it seemed almost to be a part of an entire subculture.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I was referred here by a friend of mine from real life, who goes by the name "Antiat", on this forum, as well as other sites. I had told him of my interest in roleplaying, and, since many of my other roleplays have come to something of a standstill lately, and I had been playing World of Warcraft on other servers for some time, he saw fit to recommend this place to me.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Frankly, I can find enjoyment in almost any kind of roleplay, so long as it is well done, and a sufficient amount of thought has been contributed to it.
My preference is for roleplays which feature interesting characters, and tell an epic story, or romance (In the original sense of the term "romance"), which, naturally, incorporates a healthy amount of combat, as well.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
In spite of their reputations as "overpowered", I have always been enamored with both Dragons, and Vampires.
To me, Dragons symbolize and personify many of the noblest qualities of humanity: they are frequently portrayed as intelligent and wise, but are also kind, and possess profoundly moral cores. What is more, they are undoubtedly powerful, and have an air of majesty and grace to them, in spite of possessing a more savage nature.
Vampires have also fascinated me in that they are an engaging metaphor for many other traits inherent in people; both positive and negative.

In terms of World of Warcraft, my favorite race has always been the Blood Elves, due in no small part to my personal preference for their intricate architectural style, and elegant nature - which is emphasized even more when contrasted to those of the Orcs, the Trolls, and the Tauren, whose cultures I find somewhat less appealing. They also share a similar element with my other favorite races, in that their natures combine both positive and negative characteristics: the Blood Elves are refined, courteous, and, arguably, quite morally sound in their motives, yet have an element of ruthlessness, and bitter cruelty.

My ideal RPG class would be one which combines nimble, finesse-based melee combat with destructive magic, with emphasis placed roughly at 35/65, in favor of spellcasting.

In terms of World of Warcraft classes, most spellcasting classes appeal to me, to varying extents: the powers and abilities of the Warlock, the sheer damage and self-reliance of the Mage, the divinity of the Priest, and the Paladin... And, of course, the Shaman's power to hurl bolts of lightning.

What are your expectations of this server?:
To be more laconic than I have throughout the rest of my introduction... I hope simply to enjoy myself, make friends, take part in some well-done, literary roleplay, and help create rousing, epic tales.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The fact that this server holds its members to any literary standard, and is genuinely willing to stand by their rules, and screen their applicants at all speaks volumes as to the quality of this site, and its community.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Can I actually make my answers to these questions too long? >_>
Because I can't help but think I may have written too much for a simple introduction.
Hello Drenyon! I'm Loxmardin and it's my pleasure to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

No, you can't make your answers too long. Putting effort in your answers is only a good thing.

If you haven't already, I'd suggest that you double-check the rules and policies of the server on our very own CotH Wiki. If you have any questions, you should consult the Wiki and the available subforums which contain a fair bit of information ("Forum: Search" is your friend!) first but you are of course always welcome to contact a GM if you can't find what you're looking for, or ask on the forums!

Have fun, enjoy your stay and see you in-game!

Happy RPing!

//Loxxy