Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: xmat`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Anything...
So, I would start with saying "Hello". My nickname is Xmat, in RP I am usually using "Erigo". I am leader of one czech RP server, retired moderator of wow emu forum, and atm good RP player (or I hope I am).

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I come from Czech Republic, so my primary language is czech. That's the main problem for me, when i want to play there. So i will choose a character for which it is not so important to type a lot (something like amazon, or similar)

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Oh, i really don't remember... that was many years ago. Or if you mean World of Warcraft, it was 4 years ago, friend bring me his DVDs. I started on fun servers.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Via google "private RP server" and of course my friends reccomended me this server.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy pair RP, really. Relationships RP. Then mysteries, of course, my characters are always looking for relics and old items, interesting books.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Totally night elves. I don't know why... I really like them, i know their lore very good, and i enjoy playing them (and with them, i am little xenophobic).

What are your expectations of this server?:
Relax, good RP... experience of RP in english language. Nothing more.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
As i said, i am an leader of RP server. So i really agree with and automatically respect all of them.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I will be probably playing young (16-17 years of human age) female night elf, which was four years ago taken into slavery by warlocks. And now, she successfully escaped. She will be very gaunt, scared of anything around her, closed to herself, suspicious and incommunicative.

The complete story I will fill in later.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I don't want to put here link to my RP server, but if you want to see it, email me.
Hello xmat! I'm Loxmardin and it's my pleasure to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

Keep in mind your spelling! I see that you forget to capitalize the word "I" occasionally, for instance. Look over your posts once more before posting them if you feel uncertain that you nailed your spelling. It's not of absolute importance, but everyone can always improve and we encourage that you try.

And, please refer to the guidelines regarding Age for RP characters on the server. We are not permitted to play any character below Adult age, and Night Elves specifically are adults at 300 years of age (according to server guidelines). They are located on our Wiki.

If you haven't already, I'd suggest that you double-check the rules and policies of the server on our very own CotH Wiki. If you have any questions, you should consult the Wiki and the available subforums which contain a fair bit of information ("Forum: Search" is your friend!) first but you are of course always welcome to contact a GM if you can't find what you're looking for, or ask on the forums!

Have fun, enjoy your stay and see you in-game!

Happy RPing!

//Loxxy
Hi, thanks for approving.

Ad spelling: I see, it's typical czech ignorance of capital letters. I promise I will be more careful.
Ad age of character: I said "of human age"... age of human peer, sorry, it was poorly described. I mean, how young she looks, not how old she is. It's clear, that night elf can't be 17 years old and stand on her own legs. But it is a pity that you don't allow playing younger characters. :)
xmat Wrote:Ad spelling: I see, it's typical czech ignorance of capital letters. I promise I will be more careful.
Ad age of character: I said "of human age"... age of human peer, sorry, it was poorly described. I mean, how young she looks, not how old she is. It's clear, that night elf can't be 17 years old and stand on her own legs. But it is a pity that you don't allow playing younger characters. :)

Definitely understandable. I'm not a native speaker of English either, so... We have understanding for that. c:

Indeed. I figured as much, though it's better to be safe than sorry. So I pointed it out, just in case. There are reasons to why you are not permitted to play anything younger than an adult, though, considering the RP that happens on the server. A world of death and conflict is no place for a child to be (or shouldn't be!). Generally, it gets very sensitive when children and non-adults are involved. So it's better to avoid it altogether by restricting characters to adult ages.
Pardon me for intruding here,
I just wanted to express sentiment regarding the age of characters, especially in video games, especially in one such as WoW, as opposed to GTA.
Now, this isn't meant to challenge server ideology and will comply with your rules during my stay.
But on a side note, I think it is highly silly to restrict an age, especially into being integrated into a story/game. As of fact, often times children are in the midst of much worse affairs than a fictional world of Azeroth. Consequently, I think it is degenerative and pompous to place such restrictions or to think that it is destructive to play out such a scenario involving a young character.

Do you take away the merit and real-life stories of child-protagonists who had hell to go through to survive?

Might be purely a subjective sentiment on my behalf, but this indeed strikes me like self-foolery, some artificial construction of vague morality subconsciously designed for buffering self-sense of virtuosity. :|

I would understand how a topic such as rape is disallowed (and for a valid reason!), as indulging in such fantasy generates something far from love.
But use discretion, mind you! A young protagonist can have a very meaningful contribution to a story and moral.

My 2 Cents.
And no flame by any means intended.
Ah, yes. I understand your concern, though the age restrictions are probably not going to be changed in the near future. There are a couple of very good reasons to why we don't allow below-adult-aged characters altogether (though I can't list them all off the top of my head, I'm afraid!).

We do have a general rule on the server which allows people to indulge in whatever RP they want as long as they follow server guidelines (as can be read here).

Including "children" risks becoming rather controversial. I believe such characters have seen abuse in the past, as well. It's better to just avoid the risk, as there are plenty of RP opportunities for characters who are Adult+.
Another blatant fact that also supports this policy is from the technical standpoint - all the models are adult, and it'd wouldn't be realistic to RP a child using an adult model.

And the child models in WoW would be lacking armor, etc, so that leaves a curtailed RP opportunity as well, especially in terms of character behavior outside of sanctuaries where civilian clothes are fine.

So mainly for this reason, I agree with your policy.
I'd much rather see the High Elf model used (and here I'd prefer the blood-elf character model, but just with customized eyes)

I'll be patient, yet I so crave to explore the potentials of a High Elf Priest - there is such rich lore to help create a saturated character!