Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Demon Hunter Vision
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay, hello! So, this question was thought up while one day. I'll just get to the point.

Is it possible for a fel-sworn to give a normal person their vision back, via the way a demon-hunter gets there? The point of this question is that a guild mate had their eyes hurt to where they've become blind. The person who gets the vision wouldn't be all demon huntery, but just a question if this would be one possible means through if a fel-sworn performed the ritual using their powers, as if a demon hunter performs it through using their own powers.

So anyway, is it possible? Think it could happen? Just some questions we need being answered.
Felsworn don't have that vision that the Demon hunters havem and Don't know how it works. Bailey diddnt even know they could see demons that way untill it was demonstrated to her.
Yar. The rituals are secret. I doubt highly that anyone but a demon hunter knows how they get 'em.
The act of gaining Spectral Sight is by ritually blinding yourself with the claw of a Demon which is covered in its blood. I think. . . Knock is the Demon Hunter professional, he can correct me.

But, Demons cannot bestow that kind of power upon someone.
IMO no, mainly for OOC reasons, i.e. multiclassing issues. It's a Demon Hunter exclusive ability and as such shouldn't be used by other classes.

Also, Spectral Sight as an ability is one of those that's pretty dodgy. It's like a form of IC metagaming for being able to see who's a Fel-user and who's not. I know I'm being hypocritical (as a player with a Demon Hunter who's used Spectral Sight to identify warlocks) in saying this, but the less people that have it, the better.

If other classes are allowed to use the ability, it'll create a precedent that will mean plenty of other could get it done ICly.

In Fala's case, the fact that he was tattooed beforehand meant that he could gain this sight. Though it's just my interpretation of the Demon Hunter class, I'd say that the ritual in which the eyes are burned out is part of the path to becoming a Hunter, and so shouldn't be attempted by anyone unless they're trying to become one themselves.

In addition, a Demon Hunter would have to do it ICly, and I doubt you'd find one to help out ;)

So yeah, in summary:

In my opinion, no :3

EDIT: @BountyHunter

In Fala's case his eyes were burnt out with an immolating runic dagger while an incantation was sung, whereas in Navren's case demonic fluid was injected into his eyeballs.

It's open to interpretation, there's not much to go on in the actual lore.
BountyHunter Wrote:Knock is the Demon Hunter professional
Spectral vision was given to Illidan by Sargeras himself, but I haven't heard of any other demons being able to give spectral sight to others.

Repeating what Knock said, Demon hunters gain spectral vision from other demon hunters, such as Illidan passing it onto his students.

but Fel-Sworn wouldn't have the ability to do that.
Okay thanks everyone for the help, just a quick question, it's pretty obvious that it's more of a something that's implausible.
If it helps, you could try reading this, it may help you find some answers

http://www.wowpedia.org/Demon_hunter
I'm pretty certain nature magic can repair things like that, but it'd take a lot of energy off the caster (and probably the castee) like a resurrection. I don't think a week-long wait or a rez post would be needed, but healing serious injuries like this is something often overlooked in WoW.
Aye, there are plenty of methods that could be used to cure vision ICly, to varying degrees of effectiveness, like nature magic, mechanical alternatives, simple holy healing, etc.

Just as long as there are no new abilities gained from such a process :P
Knock Wrote:Just as long as there are no new abilities gained from such a process :P
Telescopic mechanical eyes!
Looks like you'd have to be Sargeras or a demon hunter to bestow it upon others. Highly unlikely for either to just do that to everyone, too. They'll only give to to the worthy.
What I deduced from what I have read of our dear martyric demon hunters is that their Spectral Sight is not to see at all. Instead they sense fel and it's corruption in their surroundings like a sixth sense and loosing their eyesight is just a way to highten this arcane sixth sense. Don't even the Demon Hunter wiki page say that not all demon hunters are blind? I think it does.
From the Demon Hunter wiki page:

Quote:These mysterious warriors ritually blind themselves so that they develop 'spectral sight' that enables them to see demons and undead with greater clarity.

Quote:...fire until only scorched sockets remained. Illidan's resulting sight was a maddening display of violent colors.

It's a form of sight, not a sixth sense.

Looking through the article, I can't find a single mention of it being otherwise.
Pages: 1 2