Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Cataclysm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heyo all,

No one probably knows me, but I've wandering the forums since I joined, observing and learning. Unfortunately, my character Azazel is unavailable to play, since the server doesn't yet provide service for the Cataclysm expansion. So, I've got two questions about this topic, before I reinstall it in a couple months when I've become bored with Cata/Live RP...

1. This is mainly for the GMs, but, if I were to post/write stories/RP on the forums until said reinstall, would I still have to wait a couple months before gruntship or would it be reduced? Assuming that I'm posting regularly and showing my RP capabilities via forum.

2. Is there a possibility that the server will be upgraded to Cata at any point? Are the chances high or low?

Thanks to whomever will answer said questions. :D

~Pride
Don't think CoTH will be upgrading to Cata soon. With all the unstable cores and all.
I asked a GM about it and they said they were "worgen" on it.

Ho ho!
*Sighs* Go away, Wuvvums... Take your bad puns with you... /Shuns
TrinityCore (which is what we're on) has no plans to updated to Cataclysm ever, apparently. So it'll require a full server wipe and core-switch again, which I'd be perfectly fine with except that I don't think any of the cores that are updating to Cataclysm soon are stable, and none of them have very intact scripting.
Soree Wrote:*Sighs* Go away, Wuvvums... Take your bad puns with you... /Shuns

I'm just saying what Loxy told me :D
Terant Wrote:TrinityCore (which is what we're on) has no plans to updated to Cataclysm ever, apparently. So it'll require a full server wipe and core-switch again, which I'd be perfectly fine with except that I don't think any of the cores that are updating to Cataclysm soon are stable, and none of them have very intact scripting.

We'd need a server wipe anyway, I believe, it's what we had last time we uppgraded with an expansion at least and I know it was stated when we were discussing Cata.
Nostra Wrote:We'd need a server wipe anyway, I believe, it's what we had last time we uppgraded with an expansion at least and I know it was stated when we were discussing Cata.
True, but that one didn't involve a core switch as well. Not that it makes a difference really, but this time we'd have to go hunting for a decent core on Cataclysm instead of just updating with the one we're already on. *shrug*