Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: jerbear098`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well, I'm an average guy from Alaska, yes thats right, Alaska. I've been playing WoW for about six years now, and I've been involved with the online community of RPers for a lot longer then that with NWN and the like. I'm not really sure what I'd like to say about myself since I never really thought to hard on the matter. I guess I'm all around just a nice guy, or so I've been told. I get along with most everyone and my writing tends to be rather in depth and descriptive. I have the small town native boy attitude so I can be abrasive around the wrong types, the overly asserting types that think intimidation is the best route to obtain what they want. Otherwise I get along quite well with everyone I meet.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I come from the US! And I speak English though it isn't my first language it's the one I remember the most at this point. I've tried learning Spanish and Russian but I didn't get the right classes =P

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Well I started playing warcraft back when the first game came out for Mac and Windows. I was rather young at the time but I remember playing for hours and reading all of the booklets that came with the collector's edition, I was obsessed with the lore from day one. Ever since I've been following the development of the lore quite closely, though in recent years I've either stopped reading the lore or slowly began to forget it. Though I still remain somewhat knowledgeable about the lore. Then WoW came and it's all been one big fun ol' blur of greatness!

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Well I've been without a retail account for a few months now, and started searching for suitable homes within the private server realm. Being a heavy RPer I started googling my rear off to find a server with some RP after suffering on larger servers like the ones on top100 It's really frustrating to have spent so much time in a server just to be disappointed by the player base. So here I am, hoping I'll be approved to what I hope is one of the best server I could find.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy a vast number of things in RP. Anywhere ranging from a small tavern scene to a large scale battle or adventure. I have a rather wild imagination so full dungeons like those in D&D are easy for me to build in my mind and portray with text. I enjoy the calmer face to face scene's as well. It really depends on the situation but I'm well suited to most of them. I'm just interested in having fun and thats what it's all about after all.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite by far would be a female night elf rogue. She happens to be my very first character in wow and the one I started RPing with in wow. Though I have a few other classes I thoroughly enjoy a rogue/thief/assassin are usually the types I play most. But if I were to make a main for the server she'd most likely be a priest or mage, I'll have to start thinking of a fun character to build if I'm approved.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Well, to be honest I'm not exactly sure what to expect. After roaming around all of the other private server I definitely expect a vast change in the style of play, being a dedicated RP server and all, and I look forward to it. I enjoy RP over pvp any day and hopefully this server can offer it.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Respect would have to be the largest rule for me. Like I stated before I came from a vile place filled with hackers and people who just outright disrespected everyone, rude people and vulgar racist comments made left and right. I'm tired of it. I want a server where everyone is respected for who they are and how they play. I can definetly abide by this rule.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
(( Well I'll go with segment of something that happened to my favorite character some time ago. It's not a story really but it'll definitely display some of my potential I hope.))

A tall slender night elven rogue crouched at the top of a hill. The moon lit the forest below them as she sighed back to her commander who was signaling a group of men carrying supplies to take a wooding trail through the woods to their camp. Lydran made a perfect replication of a hawks call to the commander, pointing over the hill and motioning him toward her.
The command trotted up the hil land rested next t othe rogue, breathing heavily as he peered out into the night. There was indeed a orcish camp just a mile from where they were. He sighed and flipped over lying on his back with a gruff moan. "Why must you always get me into trouble Lydran. How many?"
The elf grabbed a scope and counted the orc camp. There were five that she could confirm. "Five commander, I--"
The commander shook his head and grabbed the womans shoulder firmly. "The orders were to stay here and guard the supply route. I can't lose another Sentinel to those brutes.
Lydran sighed and looked back to the camp, one of the orcs had seen the glint of her scop from the moon and spotted her. She pushed herself from the position and rolled down the hill before snagging a bow and her blades. She ran into the woods and out of the commanders site before he could even protest. "Not again. Alright boys pick it up, the lieutenants about to save our asses!"

Into the woods Lydran ran with the grace and agility expected from Rogue's as practiced as herself. Within three minutes she was starring at the orcs through some brush. There were six. Two had already geared up and prepared to move out. Lydran stood slowly and drew her bow, aiming for the Orc who looked to be the commanding brute. She drew her string back and inhaled sharply, the string twanged and the arrow shot through the air with a soft whistle. The Orc, who sat at the fire eating a haunch of pork, grunted and fell back with the haunch in his mouth. The rest of the orcs looked to where the shot had come from but saw nothing. Within a second another arrow came and hit the second strongest looking orc in the back of the neck before Lydran jumped from the first branch of a tree, her daggers drawn in a attack of mutilation. She landed on an orc with her daggers stuck firmly in his chest. Before the others could even react she thre two shuriken, both hitting their mark. She stood from the orc, covered in a thick purple sheen of blood. Her bangs covered her face. She licked her lips of some blood and looked to the last orc with a toothy grin. The Orc yelled out in fear. "Monster!" Was the only word he could say before the rogue had stabbed him in the back. She pushed the orc forward and gave a bit of a cruel laugh as she started back for the kill.

(( Hope that was alright! Please excuse any errors, I'm only human afterall! ))

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Well. I'd just like to say I'm excited to have the chance to join the community and if I am allowed to I hope I can bring something to the table as far as my writing goes. Hope to see you guys out there!
Hello jerbear098! I'm Loxmardin and it's my pleasure to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

If you haven't already, I'd suggest that you double-check the rules and policies of the server on our very own CotH Wiki. If you have any questions, you should consult the Wiki and the available subforums which contain a fair bit of information ("Forum: Search" is your friend!) first but you are of course always welcome to contact a GM if you can't find what you're looking for, or ask on the forums!

Have fun, enjoy your stay and see you in-game!

Happy RPing!

//Loxxy