Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Backfire`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I'm not really new to this community. In fact I have an active account around here somewhere, except I am having trouble logging on to it. I suggest that account be promptly disabled due to the possibility of it being hacked with malicious intent.

But enough about that, let's focus on me, because I am very important and should be the center of attention for the remaining forever. I am a veteran roleplayer known by different aliases on different places, I have roleplayed for a little over three years on WoW, though I consider myself a veteran because... let's face it, RP is 3/4ths of my waking hour, I have no life. I have previously introduced myself to the community (I think, the intro system was different back then), though a lot has changed, so I feel it's best I re-introduce myself accordingly. Let's get this show on the road, shall we?

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I come from an eastern european country known as Bulgaria, though I consider myself pretty fluent in English. I've been speaking English for over 12 years, so I know this and that, however I as all people have my mistakes. Be it grammatical, punctuational or otherwise, feel free to correct me about those mistakes, but don't get mad when I make them.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Blizzard's fancy way of advertising. I remember vividly how I got into WoW a couple of years back. Yes, I did play WoW before Warcraft. Sue me.

A friend told me about this "really 4w3s0m3 MMO" I supposedly needed to play. Let me just say that on my first days - WoW bored the everliving out of me. It was like, grind grind, level level, repeat. Boo-riing. That was until I found out that it had an RP aspect. That quickly grabbed my attention and the Warcraft universe quickly became one of the things I payed most attention to. Yes, yes, generic basement dweller, blahblahblah. Anywhom, from there on end, I began buying the novels, playing the classic Warcraft games, comics and of course - Roleplaying, which was and still is my favorite thing to do.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
As I said, I've been here before, though lack of time, interest and a lot of other things prevented me from getting in-game. Hopefully that won't happen now. The thing that appeals to me about CoTH is the serious nature of everything and the fact that people take roleplaying seriously 'round here. That and the fact that the server is quite active with a lot of roleplayers. Those above other things.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
All forms of roleplay, as long as they make sense. I'm a lore freak, the kind you'll quickly learn to love and despise at the same time. I absolutely detest bending lore for one's jollies and I like my RP to be done right. I have no problem of being in a taver, having idle conversation with the gentleman/lady next to me, or on the battlefield against the Alliance. The thing about roleplay is that you never know what tomorrow holds, so I can't really answer this question fully. I just enjoy what tomorrow gives me.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
All races have their appeal to me, more or less. Faction-orientated, I'd say, as Metzen said, "My heart lies with the Horde". There's something about the Horde's savage nature (yes, even the Blood Elves) that appeals to me. Pretty much every Horde race has it's charm to me. As far as Alliance races go, they're a little bit more dull and plain to me, yet I enjoy roleplaying with them also. It's all a matter of the roleplay type. I mostly enjoy shadier classes, preferring the quiet rogue-ish character over a mage with immensely flashy spells or a paladin sporting two-ton armor. It's just a roleplaying preference I've held since my retail days.

What are your expectations of this server?:
To have fun, nothing more, yet nothing less. I have high hopes, though no expectations. That would mean I'm pressuring you guys, which I don't want to do.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Definitely the "respect" rule. A lot of servers seem to overlook that rule, taking trolling and insulting ever so lightly. I'm very glad that this rule exists and is hopefully enforced.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I will write one later on when I'm feeling more creative. I'm working on several storylines currently, maybe I'll post one of those once I'm finished with them.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I hope me creating a new account and posting a new introduction for the sake of re-introducing myself to CoTH doesn't cause any problems. I hate multi-accounting just as much as the next guy, but it was an unfortunate necessity.
Hello Backfire! I'm Loxmardin and it's my pleasure to welcome you (back!) to Conquest of the Horde!

If you haven't already, I'd suggest that you double-check the rules and policies of the server on our very own CotH Wiki. If you have any questions, you should consult the Wiki and the available subforums which contain a fair bit of information ("Forum: Search" is your friend!) first but you are of course always welcome to contact a GM if you can't find what you're looking for, or ask on the forums!

Have fun, enjoy your stay and see you in-game!

Happy RPing!

//Loxxy