Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Daisblade`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I'm an easy going guy that gets along with everyone (Tries to at least). I'm 30 years old and reside in the Lone Star state of Texas. I've been into roleplay since I was 13 when I got a taste of D&D. As I got older and started learning about the internet, I moved onto other forms of Online roleplays like instant messengers and message boards. Then came the massive multi online games.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
USA. I speak English and that's about it tho I do have that Southern accent.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I had first found Guild Wars and played that for a bit but I was quickly disappointed with the lack of game play, people, and choices for character types. I happened to come across The World of Warcarft while at the store, bought it, played it and loved it! Been playing ever since with a few breaks in here and there but the rest is as they, history.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
When I first started retail WoW, I loved it but the more I immerse myself into game play and lore, I found I wanted to add more to my characters than just kill this or grind that. As I started to build stories for them, I found that few people shared this idea. So, I went looking for roleplay on retail severs and to say the least...yeah...the horror!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
All types! From G to mature I love good roleplay no matter where or what it might. I love to develop my characters stories, trying to give them their own life, while making myself a better roleplayer and storyteller

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My first character was a Tauren Hunter and I've been for the Horde ever since. Now don't get me wrong, I have much love for all races, whether they be Horde or Alliance but Tauren will always be my preferred race. Hunter, Warrior, and Paladin are my top faves to play but I do others.

What are your expectations of this server?:
A place where there are no Trolls, gold spammers or people fill the chat channels with jokes about Chuck Norris...sometimes I wish I could reach out and strangle someone, know what I mean? Other than that, a place where I can place and not made to feel like fool or an idiot. Where people actually treat each other with dignity and respect.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Respect, Maturity, and Humility. Far too many times I have been treated with such disrespect and immaturity have made me want to just (and have) stop playing.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Dusk was starting to settle on the Borean Tundra as the sun slowly sank into the horizon. A Wyvern appeared from the Northwest in the pre-twilight sky as it headed for the massive Horde outpost known as The Warsong Hold. It looped around the menacing black fort once before landing on the hard wood deck as it had been trained to do and lowered itself to let off it's passenger.

The clopping of hooves on the hard wooden floor along with the sounds of shifting plate armor could be heard as the passenger dismounted the wyvern as one of the Orc guards approached the being from behind.

First thing the Orc noticed as he walked up was heavy plate armor and pair massive two-handed battle axes strapped to the back. The being was not wearing a helmet and the guard could tell right away by the pair of upturned ivory horns that this was a Tauren warrior.

"Lok'tar friend, heard you had little 'problem' in Dalaran." he said in a low gritty voice.

The Tauren in question was a female and was kneeling down next to wyvern, gently scratching it behind the ears, before looking at the Orc over her shoulder. She slowly rose to her feet and towered over the Orc, at a height of seven foot eight, before turning to face him. The Orc seemed to be a bit taking back by her stature as bright green eyes shined inset against the snow white fur of her face.

A grin formed on her snout as she snorted a chuckle before replying in a deep smooth feminine voice, "Yes, it's seems word travels fast then the wind riders do!"

The Orc just gave a smile. He could tell by her face that she was still young, maybe her early twenties, her white fur still bright with youth. Her hair was dark brown as a pair of long braids stopped just mid to her bust.

"Most people don't punch Dalaran officials either!" he replied.

"Feh!" The Tauren just frowned as her eyes narrowed a bit, "That stuck up little blood elf had it coming, he had the nerve to insult me..." she said while looking at the semi-dry blood on one of her plated gauntlets.

The Orc just heaved in laughter, "I'd giving my left tusk to have seen that!"

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I'm not perfect. My skills are little rusty and I cannot play like I want. You see, this thing called a job really eats a lot of my time, I would quit so I could play all day but the people at the power company say they want these thin green sheets of paper with the faces of famous dead guys on them so they won't turn my power and I can keep my computer on...funny huh?
Hello Daisblade! I'm Loxmardin and it's my pleasure to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

If you haven't already, I'd suggest that you double-check the rules and policies of the server on our very own CotH Wiki. If you have any questions, you should consult the Wiki and the available subforums which contain a fair bit of information ("Forum: Search" is your friend!) first but you are of course always welcome to contact a GM if you can't find what you're looking for, or ask on the forums!

Have fun, enjoy your stay and see you in-game!

Happy RPing!

//Loxxy
Thanks, hope to be online soon. Just have to figure a few things out but it looks like I may have to wait til ya'll get the updated patch. *Goes back to reading the forum rules.*
I was just reading your small post, and I noticed something. You called your Tauren Female mid-20s. I just wanted to point out that, by the Age Guidelines, mid-20s is 9 in Tauren years. Just something to check up on.

Have a nice stay!