Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Kriol`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
To be honest, I have not put much thought into what kind of person I am. The only thing that i have noticed is that I act differently around different people. I tend to favor spending time around people who do not take anything seriously. By this I mean that i can joke around about fighting them or "trash talk" all i want around them and they will do the same thing back to me without getting angry. I think it might be that i am very competitive when playing video games. I love being a very aggressive when playing games with friends instead of having to sensor myself, but i can and will sensor myself if need be or if that is preferred. I simply feel that it breaks the immersion of gaming to be overly polite.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I am from the United States of America and my primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I first started playing World of Warcraft two years ago when my little sister bought me the battle chest for my birthday. i played for a year before i began having financial problems. Other than the information I gathered from that year i have no knowledge of the Warcraft universe. From what i have found so far though, I really like the back story and am currently looking for more background information.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I did not even know that private servers existed until about two months ago when a friend of mine started telling me about his warlock on this server and how he had just applied for gruntship. Since then I have been trying to get a new computer to try and get accepted onto this server. I have just bought a new laptop and am excited to start playing again if I am accepted.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I tend to favor roleplaying that revolves around character development in the eyes of others in a way that builds a background with my character such as telling stories of battles from my characters past. Put simply I love "The one that got away" style stories. I'm not entirely sure if there is already a term for that kind of roleplay, or it that is what you meant by "tavern roleplay" in the instructions, but that is the best i can do to describe my preference.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race/class combination is the troll shaman combination. Shaman are known to have been a major part of Native American and African tribal life and since the trolls are a tribal race it just seems natural. Trolls in general are my favorite though because of their anger towards humans, which can lead to massive amounts of entertainment when in battlegrounds (in my personal opinion). I love having a goal, but most quests are to slow to keep me entertained, so when I am playing as a troll i love to try and target humans in battlegrounds. I always try and hunt down the strongest human in the battle and try and shut him down. However i hate fighting opponents that I can beat with ease, if there is no challenge I will not sit there killing that one person and ruin there gaming experience, it makes me feel like I am just being obnoxious.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I just want to be able to talk to friends of mine that are on the server and play battlegrounds. I had three level eighty character on my retail account and I really did not care for the leveling process past level 50 because of all the death knights running around ruining player versus player and killing all the mobs in my favorite questing areas. The fact that this server will not allow anyone past level 50 unless they apply for gruntship is a major bonus here.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
My favorite rule is the no sexuality part. I love this rule because every time i went into a city on my retail account the trade chat would be full of people posting "Anal [random ability]" and talking about male genital length and it was incredibly annoying. At some point i could not even tell when I was being messaged by my friends or when my guild was looking for members for a raid. I switched servers three times trying to find a server that did not do this before I gave up.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I do not want to do this until i apply for Gruntship.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Hello Kriol! I'm Loxmardin and it's my pleasure to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

If you haven't already, I'd suggest that you double-check the rules and policies of the server on our very own CotH Wiki. If you have any questions, you should consult the Wiki and the available subforums which contain a fair bit of information ("Forum: Search" is your friend!) first but you are of course always welcome to contact a GM if you can't find what you're looking for, or ask on the forums!

Have fun, enjoy your stay and see you in-game!

Happy RPing!

//Loxxy