Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Divorahk`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I have always interested in the Warcraft Universe (WcU), however I have become a bit tired and annoyed at the endless grind and the retail (Un-Roleplay) Roleplay WoW servers. I feel that I have not fully enjoyed Roleplay to its fullest and hope to acheive that by joining this server. I am the sort of person who likes an epic adventure, I read copious amounts of fantasy books and will easily fit into the RP genre of the server. I look forward to playing on this server if you accept me.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I was born in Australia and have always lived there. My first language is English although I have been studying Japanese for long enough to call it a second language (six years now, I am not entirely fluent though).

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I have been playing Warcraft for as long as I can remember, my interest started with Warcraft, Orcs and Humans. From then on I have bought and played nearly every Warcraft game.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I became sick of the retail RP servers as they were not RP servers, noone wanted to RP and the RP servers were more or less considered pve servers. I found this server through Earthshaker Hold whilst looking for an orc name, as Kretol suggested on the site.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
All kinds of RP, action, mystery and the every day life of an orc. I was really disapointed with the retail RP because of the fact that not many people actually Roleplayed! I hope this server will be a lot better.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
"Throm'Ka". I am always an orc, if i can be in any computer games! I got really annoyed at friends who said, "Why are you an orc? They are stupid, fat and ugly. Be a Blood Elf or Human".
I would get really annoyed at this, as most of them had only played WoW and none from the rest of the series. Everything about orcs appeals to me, a enslaved by the Burning Legion to do their bidding, rising and throwing off their shackles to forge a culture on a new planet. I feel I can easily relate to the culture, proudness and honour of the orcs. Why be a human 24/7!

What are your expectations of this server?:
That I can experience roleplaying to the fullest and that this server will be a bit different from the retail servers not an endless grind.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The titles, how you have to earn your title through in-game RP. This appeals to me as you would not get people giving themselves ridiculous titles such as "THE GODKILLER!", "Taker Of Thrall's Head" etc.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
(Please bear in mind that this is off the top of my head.)

Kholg sniffed at the air as it caused his hair and beard to rustle with the breeze. Something was not right. The scent of ash, smoke and the coppery smell of blood was carried across the crimson plains by the swirling wind. He dropped the bundle of deadwood he was carrying and set of at a sprint. He came over the rise, the sun burning down against his olive green skin, squinting against the smoke and harsh light he saw. The village had been destroyed, in shock he stumbled blindly down the hill and into the midst of smoke and rubble. Every house and building had been put to the torch. Dropping to his knees at the remains of his house he wept, for the pillagers had hung his wife and child from the frame that was still intact. A burning rage whelled up from inside him and was released as a roar of grief and pure anger. Something glinted on the ground, Kholg noticed this and jumped quickly to the source. It was an emblem, one of the Alliance. A steely look of blind rage came across Kholg's face as he realised what the object was. Vengeance was going to be unleashed.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I can't wait to get started. A question, how do you down patch. I can't seem to find "patch.mpq", there are many files with 'patch' and '.mpq', but no files specifically "patch.mpq".
Hello Divorahk! I'm Loxmardin and it's my pleasure to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

I can't give you straight advice right off the bat for the downpatching, but I know there are several topics and guides spread about about it. Try checking the Technical Support forum!

If you haven't already, I'd suggest that you double-check the rules and policies of the server on our very own CotH Wiki. If you have any questions, you should consult the Wiki and the available subforums which contain a fair bit of information ("Forum: Search" is your friend!) first but you are of course always welcome to contact a GM if you can't find what you're looking for, or ask on the forums!

Have fun, enjoy your stay and see you in-game!

Happy RPing!

//Loxxy