Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: KaitouKiyoshi`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well, i'm a bit young (15, if you must know..) when it comes to the normal demographic of players i'm used to role playing with, but have had no issue thus far in proper communication and, the main reason i'm writing this, my ability to role play.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I'm from the United States and speak English. Not to brag, but I speak it rather well. (Please don't think me cocky simply because I say that...I base pretty much everything I say about myself on what people tell me)

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I started playing retail around the age of 10 or 11, so not too long ago...I stumbled across a role playing guild there and was hooked instantly. I went on to seek out private servers to further satisfy this new need to immerse myself into a new identity, a new me within a new world.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I'll be honest, I simply googled "World of Warcraft Role playing server", and here I find a promising looking site. I did, not too long ago, leave another role playing server. (I say "Leave" as if I left by choice...That was not the case, but explaining it seems pointless, seeing as how quite a few people have heard of Echeloned wow) After I was forced from that server, I began to go into a role play "Withdraw", if you will. I'll admit, role playing has been an obsession of mine for some time, and i'd even go so far as to say i'm addicted to it.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy every kind of role play you can imagine...But my preferred types are action, fighting and adventure role plays. The idea of dynamic characters appeals to me also, in that each role play leaves your character for better or worse in the end. Be it an entire raid group or just me and a close friend, i'll find an enjoyable experience each and every time.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
A High Elven Ranger (But in WoW terms, that would be a Blood Elf Hunter...That's about as close as it comes) Rangers were very calm and patient, rational and decisive, and I always admired that. High elves appealed to me..Well, I don't really know why they did...I suppose it's just the IC race that I enjoy the most. (In terms of WoW as a game, Blood Elves have always been one of my favorite races, and Hunter my favorite class. I guess it's simply luck that I enjoy role playing a High elf Ranger, no?)

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect regular, if not constant role play when it is available, (Not to sound stuck up or to pass myself off as better than everyone else, but:) people worthy of role playing on a higher level, in that they use proper grammar and put together rational actions and statements.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I don't feel I can say it enough: HUMILITY! I cannot even begin to tell you how many times I've come across some idiot who thinks that, because he casted himself as a king or prince of another land, or the "Badass" of the role play, that he should get the most attention.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
He walked with a heavy step, his dusty boots and blood-stained mail created an eerie rattle as he stepped, one burdened step after another, one accursed foot in front of the other. The fair haired man continued his march into this seemingly deserted block of rotting houses and overgrown buildings, the remains of a stable across from what may have been a town hall, old children's toys littered in a circle in the dirt. The mail-clad figure bent down and picked up a ragged doll, looking around for any signs of life. A voice found its way out from his suddenly vibrant lips: "Hello?"

Malanior had seen it all. So much so, his life almost seems a cruel cliche'. His parents were killed in a defias raid on their seemingly out of place cottage in Westfall, taken under the tender wing of a human militiamen by the name of Bolvar. Malanior had been dreaming of just one thing from the moment he was born: Joining the ranks of a ranger. At the tender age of fifteen, Malanior had set out on his own. Bolvar, with minimal protest, had let the boy go, in the hopes that he could rid himself of this newly found burden of parenthood. While Bolvar did not want to admit it, he secretly enjoyed this feeling of responsibility and unnatural caring for the boy, but that was always an affect Malanior had on people close to him. After traveling for years and years, from town to city, dock to ship, forest to mountain, Malanior was slowly becoming a master of territorial navigation and an almost instantaneous grasp of a new environment. He had went on to join the High Elven Rangers, and for years he studied the use of a bow and spear, unmatched in both when it came to a match with his peers. Destined for greatness, Malanior had been the youngest High elf ever to be granted the rank of Ranger at the age of eighteen.

Malanior had put down the dirt-dressed rag of a play thing and examined the area around him. "Is anyone there? Hello?" Each question was met only with a soft echo, and deafening silence. He continued to trudge onward, looking towards what looked to be a deserted tavern. He spoke aloud to himself "That should do...There's bound to be a bed..." He trudged onward into the rotting cage made of board and nail, the only movement was from a small rat scurrying across the floor mere inches from Malanior. With a sigh he walked up a flight of stairs he found himself in front of, stopping suddenly to look around, feeling uneasy. His suddenly gleaming spear was drawn and thrown across the length of the taverns first floor, a black figure leaping away to dodge it, rushing up the stairs with a suddenly drawn blade. Malanior had grabbed the manifestation of a wrist on the black figure, throwing it against a wall just to his right, disarming the suddenly humbled, rather poor excuse for an opponent. The once menacing figure had shivered and stuttered as it spoke in a hushed tone "P-Please! Please! Leave me be! I figured you for someone else!" Malanior had pressed his new found captives head into the thick wall, growling in his ear "You have ten seconds to explain to me what the HELL you thought you were doing!" "I-I was just trying to get some loose change..! I've got a wife and kids to look out for, an-" "YOU'RE A LIAR! NO WOMEN WOULD EVER LOOK INTO SCUM LIKE YOU WHO RESORT TO ASSAULT!!" The suddenly frail looking man had shrieked loudly "Okay! Okay! I'm sorry! Please! Leave me be! I swear i'll be off!"
Malanior had eyed the man from head to toe before releasing his grip "Just get out of here...NOW!" The man had scurried away as quickly as possible, following the examples of the rats running a muck about the tavern. Malanior proceeded upstairs to find a bed draped with torn sheets and patched blankets. He rested his head, his fair hair falling into his crystal clear blue eyes as he sighs, then closes his eyes to rest.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I look forward to role playing with your community and hope you'll take me as one of your own. Thank you for your time.
Hello KaitouKiyoshi! I'm Loxmardin and it's my pleasure to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

Please keep in mind to check over your posts before you post them! I notice you make many capitalization errors (you forget to capitalize the word "I"), and it's easy to weed them out when giving your writing one more look-over before submitting it.

And, I would also like to note that High Elves are not a playable race currently. Blood Eves, however, are.

If you haven't already, I'd suggest that you double-check the rules and policies of the server on our very own CotH Wiki. If you have any questions, you should consult the Wiki and the available subforums which contain a fair bit of information ("Forum: Search" is your friend!) first but you are of course always welcome to contact a GM if you can't find what you're looking for, or ask on the forums!

Have fun, enjoy your stay and see you in-game!

Happy RPing!

//Loxxy