Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Shiny`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Myself, eh? I'm a recent 20-year old diving instructor/college student and I simply love RPGs, mostly for the fantastic stories they tell. (Like reading a book where your ideas actually add to the story.) I also consider myself a rather social person, so single-player games can only hold my attention for so long before I get drawn to some MMO so I could share what goes on in my mind, and read what others have thought up.
Due to work and college, I usually have a rather short period of time to spend on playing and that's probably the main reason I gave up on retail WoW, finding someone that's even capable of writing can be real time-consuming, there.
I hope that's enough? :P

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I live among polar-bears and blizzards and piles of snow the size of houses, in the small Eastern-European country of Estonia. As such, my primary language is Estonian, which bears little to no resemblance to English. But! Due to Estonia being an ex-communis country, the people here are more than dedicated to being as much like the West as possible, so a very, very large number of people study English from a young age, myself among them. (In short, my English is actually on-par with my Estonian, if not superior in some areas.)

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Warcraft, hmm. I remember visiting my uncle who lived a good 2-hour drive from us, just so I could play some Warcraft 1. That was an incredibly long time ago, but I've been a fan ever since, eventually getting my own copy of Warcraft 2 and, later, Warcraft 3. I didn't actually play WoW until a few years back and, at first, I loved it! The size and detail of the world Blizzard had built blinded me from the sad truth that the game had, afterall, been built for the gamer-type of gamers. (Competetive people and all that.)

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Returning to forum RP after spending two years in WoW just didn't feel right, even if retail was lacking in several aspects. So, when I mentioned my difficult situation to a friend of mine, he mentioned this place. In all honesty, I was thinking he made fun of me by making up a place that sounded exactly like I was looking for. Needless to say, after a long argument, he showed me the site, and here I am!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Kinds of roleplay? Well, most of it! Could even say all of it, I guess. The one thing that irritates me the most, though, is when people mix OOC gibberish into serious RP. I understand that their character would totally like to kidnap mine and do horrible things, but I don't need to know exactly why they won't do that! Also, extremely prolonged, slow and usually roll-based battle/war scenarios are somewhat Meh, for me.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Favourite race, hmm. I'll have to go with Human, because they're so much like ourselves, but in a completelly different setting with oh, so many hardships. There's just something about human cities and villages that I rather like in WoW, too.
As for class? Any caster. I like thinking up new and interesting ways to use the abilities that are given to people with the skills to actually use them.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect a server where I can just log on and get to RP, without the hassle of digging through hordes of illiterate people before finding one that can actually write up something interesting. (And, from what I hear, it's exactly like that, or better!) Besides that, I'm hoping for a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, without the nonsense that retail's filled with.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Respect, definitely.
There's just no enjoyment in trying to provide good entertainment for others when they bash all your ideas into the mud and go about spreading hurtful rumors. I understand if my choice of themes doesn't appeal to everyone, but that's no reason to get aggressive.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
The library was quiet with an occasional snore ripping through the dark hallways. Nobody besides the watchmaan went there during the night and that's exactly why, that night, something moved between the towering shelves.
A young mage student, wearing the traditional blue robes of an apprentice, was making her way towards the back of the main hall, that was where her target was. Her target, a book about the conjuring of different objects. After all, that was the subject of her next test and she just couldn't afford to fail. The images of the last exam ran through her head as she carefully placed one foot before the other, trying hard not to bump into anything as she walked. She had nearly failed, nearly got herself kicked out of the tower, which meant there was more on the line than ever - her future studies depended on acing the conjuring trials.
When she finally reached the final bookshelf, her heart was racing, both from being where no apprentice should go, and thinking about the upcoming test. She pulled up a ladder to where the book was supposed to be and, with shaking hands, climbed up.
Even though it was dark in the room, she knew what she was looking for. She had asked about the book's location from other mages all day and had finally learned the steps required to get to it, by heart.
She reached her hand out for the heavy tome, tugging on it nervously as the feeling of holding her future in her hands overwhelmed her. Her foot slid off the ladder.
As her eyes widened in surprise, the mage grasped a random book, but was still unable to keep herself from falling. It was a long way down and at least a couple dozen books followed her on the way down.
She shouldn't have done it, or so she thought. The fall seemed to last at least a few hours as her mind tried simply stayed at the thought that she had failed, failed miserably. The girl, books and ladder hit the ground with subsequent thuds as more and more bookshelves were toppled and a large cloud of dust was stirred up.
Suddenly, the feeling off failure left her. Just being like that, covered by countless books, made her feel safe. She'd have plenty of time to learn for the exam, as she was sure she'd be taken to the infirmary for rest. So she dug her way out from under the heavy books and looked around before walking off in a random direction, looking for someone.
But as the dust settled, the young apprentice was not walking, nor standing. The guard who had been sleeping earlier, had awoken to the ruckus and run over, sobbing as he looked at the hand sticking out from under the books. The young mage would never fail another test again.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Add... I just hope I'll see you lot around on the server, soon! :P
Hello Shiny! I'm Loxmardin and it's my pleasure to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

If you haven't already, I'd suggest that you double-check the rules and policies of the server on our very own CotH Wiki. If you have any questions, you should consult the Wiki and the available subforums which contain a fair bit of information ("Forum: Search" is your friend!) first but you are of course always welcome to contact a GM if you can't find what you're looking for, or ask on the forums!

Have fun, enjoy your stay and see you in-game!

Happy RPing!

//Loxxy