Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: TruBluRage`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I will be honest -
I'm not very nice when I'm busy with something.
I'm not very helpful when it comes to information.
I'm not very experienced in pretty much anything.

Evidently, however, I am honest and I try to help as much as I can whenever I'm NOT pre-occupied with something. Offering help, directions and even company to new players is something I often enjoy doing very much, but that also depends on who they are and what type of person they tend to be.

My attitude is completely modular - it shifts accordingly with any scenario or social event. If I am insulted, I will defend myself at most any cost. One thing I absolutely abhor is abuse of power. If there's anything I value most, it is maintaining a fair balance of judgement, responsibility and fair play.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I live in the United States, and although composed almost entirely of Brazilian descent, I like to think of my Primary language as English. My secondary language would evidently be Portuguese.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My friend Docithe one day asked me to try out the free trial with him. We decided that we would team up on WoW one day, and ended up playing for two years.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
My friend Docithe and I used to play on the retail roleplay servers in World of Warcraft. We were sick of the constant grinding and repetitive mob slaughter, so we decided to give Roleplay a try. Long story short, we started as Gnomish Tavern Barkeeps and ended as Pirate Lords of Azeroth.

The main reason I thought to seek this server was because a few nights ago I decided I would work towards reliving those moments of glory and greatness that I was privileged to experience throughout my WoW career.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy any form of roleplay - Mostly involving parties of 4 (including myself) or more. I absolutely love Danger, Witty Scenarios, Battle scenes, Adventurous Travels and Treks, Settled-down Bartending, Table-Top dancing and most of all; Baking Sweets for the lovely little elf children!

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite Race is a tie between Human and Dwarf.
Dwarves present that feeling of warmth, security and lust for adventure, as do Humans as a first impression.

My favorite Class is also a tie between Mage and Paladin. I like the feeling of being able to Tank and Heal, being a good asset to my team. Mage tends to satisfy my lust for power and unique abilities, such as Portals and other spells.

I am not a combat / instance person - I despise going on 50-man Ventrilo raids where everything is modulated and controlled by a few people who always end up getting priorities over others.

The ONLY time I deem such as being enjoyable at all is Faction Raids, which I actually adore beyond all else. Large PVP Battles, Epic Invasions, Siezures of Power, any form of PVP is something I enjoy when it is balanced.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect this server to be just what I was looking for upon entry; Strict Roleplayers carrying on magnificent or humble roles, dedicated to enhancing their RP experience and the experience of others. A place where you aren't judged based upon numbers and DPS, but rather what you've done, where you've been, what you've seen and how many people you influenced on your journey.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Knowing When to Quit appeals to me the most because I understand how difficult it is to discontinue a social dispute over OOC channels. I've had problems with it before, and sometimes slip up as well, but I believe that personal issues should be settled personally - not in the presence of others just there to enjoy the game.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
To keep things short, I'll tell a story about an average day of Roleplay in the retail servers.

It was Morning in Stormwind, and the Tipsy-Elf Tavern was empty save for a single Night Elf Rogue sitting in the back of the Inn. As Docithe and I were jumping around, dancing on tables and otherwise goofing off with our third companion, our Manager came in to reward us our daily allowance of 2 Gold. The second we were presented our earnings, we took a couple of hours off to buy new suits and ingredients for our daily routine. Often a crazy adventurer would barge into the tavern with amazing tales of Gruesome, Epic Battles or Far-Away Lands I've actually never seen (I didn't have TBC, LK or Cataclysm - I've never been to any of them before!). The day would end in a huge, jolly party with tons of games, drinks and festivities you wouldn't imagine! We were both Gnomish Mages - to us, class didn't matter as long as the adventure came regardless.

Towards the end of the day, we would eventually bug the adventurers enough to get out of the tavern, "Clean-Up", and log out for the night.

This was a routine that would often happen 8 hours a day, 2-4 days a week. Eventually we ended up (The entire bar crew, even the manager!) following one of these adventures into battle on board the Kalimdor <-> Azeroth ship from Booty Bay. That's where we earned the titles of Pirate Lords - but that story is much longer and completely different in itself, and I'd save it for another time ;)

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I look forward to being a part of a sprawling, mature community of roleplayers who know their stuff. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about myself, or any of my in-game lore or activity, please feel free to email me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]][email protected]</a><!-- e --> !
Hello TruBluRage! I'm Loxmardin and it's my pleasure to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

Grand introduction, and a very much appreciated honesty!

If you haven't already, I'd suggest that you double-check the rules and policies of the server on our very own CotH Wiki. If you have any questions, you should consult the Wiki and the available subforums which contain a fair bit of information ("Forum: Search" is your friend!) first but you are of course always welcome to contact a GM if you can't find what you're looking for, or ask on the forums!

Have fun, enjoy your stay and see you in-game!

Happy RPing!

//Loxxy