Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Waritine`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I have been playing WoW since the tail-end of vanilla, on a RPPvP server called Lightninghoof. I have enjoyed my server's RP in Brill before the Cataclysm, but continue to in an OOC channel used for connecting the server's RPers. I also enjoy, love, and am actually quite skilled (If I do say so myself >.>) in PvP, but keep in mind to keep the two seperate (Unless requested :3).

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
America, I speak English. Specifically, I live in Atlanta, Georgia. Love it.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
A couple friends of mine were playing at their house while I was hanging out with them, and I decided to give it a shot. I've been playing ever since.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I found this site through a simple google search, and then looked over the wiki a little bit. It seemed interesting enough, and not some shoddy excuse for Arthas lovechild vampire werewolf cult god roleplay. My server of Lightninghoof has had mediocre Roleplay activity as of late, and I recalled someone mentioning private servers for RP. I decided to give it a look, and see how things went.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I generally stick to two characters... An Apothecary with a hate of the living, and a Scarlet Crusader with a dislike of anything inhuman. This tends to lead to me starting trouble, or vice versa, leading sometimes to arguements, fighting, or comprimise. However, I do enjoy throwing my lot in with groups if some sort of money/incentive is thrown my way. Sometimes, even the thrill, or seeing how things turn out with a twist are enough for me to get involved. The only thing I would despise doing is giving some sort of affectionate or "loving" roleplay... I have no issue with others doing it, but me... Not my thing. At all.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Forsaken Warlock. I've played an affliction warlock since I started WoW, and have continued to do so. Aside from the Human Paladin, no other race really appeals to me. I love zombies, and Forsaken have always been the prefential choice of race for me.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect to see serious roleplayers, who can still have a bit of fun. Events, adjustments, and variables all sound great, and the possibilities for roleplay in such an environment seem limitless.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Keyboard skills, and the "Color within the lines" rules. We've had a few problems every so often on my server, where a level two blood elf being god-knows-what would "Bite out the throats of everyone around him, his power stemming from the pendant of Arthas worn on his neck."

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
The Gallows' End Tavern in Brill had always been a spot for Lightninghoof Roleplay. Unfortunately, about 7 in 10 roleplayers at that time were blood elves, 2 in 10 some other race, and 1 in 10 being Forsaken. After careful planning and organization, we announced an evacuation order for the living residing in Brill. They had five days to leave before the town was "Gassed for pests". Obviously, most of the cocky, arrogant elves stuck around. Six Forsaken and I used a variety of special effects, i.e. off-the-leash kitings of scourge from the Western Plaguelands, Siegesmith Bombs, Green Smoke Flares, and more to create a spectacular show of "Plague". Although it may have been quite close to rule-bending, the chaos and ruckus it created in Brill was something to definately be marvled at. We later had a few more gassings, on a smaller, but equally spectacular scale.

Although this is not the initial, main gassing, here's a picture from one of them...

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 6030_n.jpg

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
..Perhaps how much control the GMs have over the game? That's the only thing I can think of at the moment...
Hello Waritine! I'm Loxmardin and it's my pleasure to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

Well, the GMs have limited control of the game. We are capable of spawning and building, though we cannot alter the pre-established environment. We can only add on to it, and we are capable of puppeting NPCs. Then, we mainly have abilities related to enforcement. Of course, we can modify character levels, faction reputations, add and remove items... Such things.

If you haven't already, I'd suggest that you double-check the rules and policies of the server on our very own CotH Wiki. If you have any questions, you should consult the Wiki and the available subforums which contain a fair bit of information ("Forum: Search" is your friend!) first but you are of course always welcome to contact a GM if you can't find what you're looking for, or ask on the forums!

Have fun, enjoy your stay and see you in-game!

Happy RPing!

//Loxxy