Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Grammarmancer`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I am confused.

First and foremost: what do you mean by "as a player"? A chess player? A knight can move in basically any direction it pleases, correct? A football player? I regret to inform you I have not and most probably cannot successfully throw a football. I hope this doesn't disqualify me so early...

It's reassuring to know this can- after all- be anything. I would breathe a cigarette cleverly disguised as a sigh of relief had my eyes not parsed this next bit: "We like to get a feel for those that will be integrating themselves into our community". I am all for integration and whatnot but what's this mention of community? I sorely hope my noncompliance with a court order to perform 30 hours of community service will not affect my ability to integrate.

People make mistakes, and some people are mistakes in of themselves. Let us not over complicate things, shall we?

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I am a citizen of the UNITED STATES of AMERICA. As such, I speak AMERICAN English (actually a dialect, but I believe they should simply declare it a language and be done with it).

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I happened upon a copy of Warcraft II in a previous life that got me interested in the series as a whole. I fueled my growing addiction with the likes of Warcraft III and later World of Warcraft. I was a mess. Eventually I abstained as I could no longer afford my addiction, but as any addict knows you're never truly free of it's onus.

I later succumbed to temptation and picked up World of Warcraft again but this time resorting to private servers almost entirely. This resulted in further physical stress while pushing and pulling at the limits of my sanity. I sought far and wide for my fix and even attempted to produce it on my own. I still have the scars to this day...

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Word on the cobbled path says this server delivers quality, consistently. I was referred by others who tread the same sordid path as I do.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Having sampled the fare at other venues, at this point in time I'd enjoy any roleplay that could be considered "above average" (and having seen the worst of the worse, I now have fairly low standards). I find myself most entertained when intellectually stimulated by complex characters, plots and the interaction between the two.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I like variety. Why? Why not, I ask!

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect nothing yet hope for the best.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I would say semi-open registration is my favorite feature of the community, as it isn't exactly easy to sign in and log in solely to disrupt other users and it filters out the "riffraff". This is not to imply that newer or other sorts of players are lesser than those who are more experienced, but I believe for a roleplaying community to be truly successful everyone should be "on the same page" or adhere to a set of standards.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
"Please state your intentions if you wish to complete this later". Consider my intentions stated.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
"Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify". No, and yourself?
... Heh! Interesting introduction!

Hello Grammarmancer! I'm Loxmardin and it's my pleasure to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

If you haven't already, I'd suggest that you double-check the rules and policies of the server on our very own CotH Wiki. If you have any questions, you should consult the Wiki and the available subforums which contain a fair bit of information ("Forum: Search" is your friend!) first but you are of course always welcome to contact a GM if you can't find what you're looking for, or ask on the forums!

Have fun, enjoy your stay and see you in-game!

Happy RPing!

//Loxxy
Grammarmancer Wrote:...and it filters out the "riffraff".

Unfortunately, there's still a little bit of "RiffRaff" on the server. Said user might be inclined to hit me now. Nonetheless, welcome to the server, good sir! We need more rhetoric intellectuals such as yourself, in my opinion. I'm awfully alone.
Thanks for the warm welcome.

I figured my unorthodox approach would entertain the reviewer (or get me punted across the other side of the fence).

I'm glad to see it seemed to work out in my favor.

@Jason: Rome was not built in a day. I believe if this server has as strong as a foundation as I hear it does, such problems can be ameliorated favorably for both the "riffraff" and those who are "on the same page". With ample cooperation on part of players as well as the player base with the administration- I suppose you could call it- I think some progress can be made amongst some excellent roleplay.
Welcome to the server... I myself, found the introduction a bit cocky, but fun to read nonetheless.