Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Mutiny`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I'm not a very interesting person out of character. As far as in-character actions go, I tend to shy away from being the center of a story. I've always been more interested in the Stormtroopers than the man leading them. I really enjoy trying to give character to things that would otherwise be called monsters, human or otherwise.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I was born and raised in the Southeastern United States. The only language I speak and write with is American English, and I have only a modest interest in learning anything beyond various dialects.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne was my first real-time strategy game, oddly enough. At the time, I was just starting to figure out what roleplaying really was. I stumbled into a roleplay map in the custom games list, and fell flat on my face once I got in-game. I soon jumped from channel roleplay on AOL to WC3.

It wouldn't be until buying Half-Life 2 and joining a roleplay community active on Deathmatch that I'd finally learn that World of Warcraft existed. I never paid attention to gaming news, so I've missed out on many great titles. The lasting friendships I made on Half-Life 2 would carry over to my first foray into private server RP.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
My initial experience with this server came when I first delved into roleplaying on private realms a few years ago. In my ignorance, it never dawned on me that anyone would want to run a private realm for the purpose of roleplaying.

So, without bothering to search around, I decided to start my own community. Shortly after the forums were set up and we managed a modest population, a GM from this very realm swung by to sneakily post an ad. I do wish I had done more researching before jumping feet-first into this sort of business.

As the post was not a blatantly rude advertisement, I decided to leave it up. After all, who am I to try and force people to stay in the playpen I set up? Kretol later contacted me and was kind enough to offer some technical assistance and invaluable insight. Despite this, I lost interest and closed down a few months later.

I realize I made a great many mistakes (and flat stupid decisions), but I also learned a lot about the importance of a solid community and objective administration.

My decision to finally try playing here is ultimately the result of slothahoy's poking, so I'm hoping to become part of a fantastic community.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Any interest I've had in combative roleplay has been lost over the years. I still do it, and I still play characters that might find themselves in a violent situation -- and most often, I'm the one who dies. Rolls or no rolls, I like to think I'm very fair with my character's combat abilities.

I'm used to roleplaying as the extras; although, I would like to see a D20 system implemented on a private realm, if only to ensure combat is done fairly. I've seen too many emote fights turn into physics debates, and roll fights without a stat backbone are pointless.

I enjoy roleplay that permits passive discussion and development. I enjoy roleplay that involves a fair dose of danger and excitement. I enjoy roleplay with a crowd, or with a small group of friends. So long as the story is good and the environment immersible, I'm open to almost anything.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I absolutely adore both the way Blizzard has written and visually presented the naga in this setting. My personal favorite race, no doubt. I could ramble on regarding the reasons behind my love for the race, but I don't want to make this introduction any more bloated than I already have.

As for my favorite class? It really depends on the character, I have to say. I like a variety of archetypes, and have no qualms about playing anything from a simple line soldier or peasant huntsman to an ever-curiouser mage or power-lusting warlock.

What are your expectations of this server?:
For better or worse, I've learned to expect the absolute worst outcome of any given scenario. Things tend to turn out better than expected more often than not.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
As Fishie before me said, there's few things worse than a roleplayer with a bloated ego. The rule addressing humility is my personal favorite.

If not that, then a close second would be the rule regarding non-player characters. They're characters too, not decorations. Don't pretend guards don't exist.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I have an idea of what I want to write for this, but I'm going to hold off until I decide to apply for the above rank. I can't find any sense in writing an example story for something I may not even get to apply for in 3+ months.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
The biggest appeal a private realm has to me is its potential flexibility. I've played on another realm where mobs were buffed to the level cap and rarely found in number just by taking a walk. I've found the game's environments become far more immersible when a simple stroll doesn't lead you into the path of twelve bears and countless wolves.

Speaking of environments, many wonderful locations seem to fall into disuse because of their relation to an otherwise non-player faction or race. The Dark Iron city of Shadowforge comes to mind, along with the Scarlet Crusade's Tyr's Hand and Hearthglen. A private realm offers the possibility of playing as something like a Dark Iron or a Scarlet Crusader, yet such things often go unused.

That said (and despite what the above may seem to be implying), I fully understand the plethora of challenges associated with changing these things. Besides, what's currently being used flows with the idea of the realm, and seems to work just fine for everyone involved.

As closing note: For whatever it's worth, I'd like to vouch for KujoJoestar. Along with my own assurance, I'm sure the following would gladly vouceh for him as well: slothahoy, Fishie, Grammarmancer, and Kaltos.

KujoJoestar simply made an oversight when reviewing the introductory process. He's one of the better roleplayers I know, and his absence here would be very disappointing to all of us.

Whether or not this introduction is approved: thank you for bothering to read it.
Hello Mutiny! I'm Loxmardin and it's my pleasure to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

Did KujoJoestar get a message following the initial denial? He is definitely encouraged to re-submit his introduction following the instruction I gave. If he didn't get a message, tell me and I'll send him a copy of what I wrote.

If you haven't already, I'd suggest that you double-check the rules and policies of the server on our very own CotH Wiki. If you have any questions, you should consult the Wiki and the available subforums which contain a fair bit of information ("Forum: Search" is your friend!) first but you are of course always welcome to contact a GM if you can't find what you're looking for, or ask on the forums!

Have fun, enjoy your stay and see you in-game!

Happy RPing!

//Loxxy