Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Phineas`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
As a roleplayer I view myself as more laidback than some but not exactly lenient either. I've been around the block and started on CoTH, and I feel I've come a very, very long way from when I first started. I've roleplayed for close to five years now, and I've GMed on a few servers for friends and played on a lot more. I've seen the best and the worst of RP and I'd like to come back home for at least a while. Other servers simply don't have the same kind of player standard.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I am from Canada, the Great White North, and my primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
The first time I got into Warcraft was way back when Warcraft 3 first came out, and I would spend hours upon hours playing that in online matches. Of particular interest was the universe itself, and how unique it was in strategy games for it's fantasy atmosphere. Of course, when WoW came out and I heard you could get into that same great universe on a more personal level, I was quick to snatch it up and immerse myself in an RP server.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
As said, this server has a higher roleplaying standard than many others. Eventually one gets tired of the constant mistakes. Sure, a bit of flexibility in RP is fun, but it gets boring to have everyone fit the same character type, constantly, and decide to throw logic and lore out the window at every opportunity.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy mostly roleplay where there is indeed a sense of danger and purpose behind what is being done. I'm not one to enjoy sitting in taverns and talking. I like my character to be out exploring, taking part in quests, and actively changing the world around them for better or worse. I like to feel like my characters' actions mean something. (Besides, I find the best drama comes with a bit of fighting anyway.)

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Very difficult question, so many possible answers. I suppose I'd have to say human in regard to the race aspect, simply because of the infinite versatility. A human can fit almost any role well. As for class, probably even harder, but I've always had an affinity for warlocks. I like the whole aspect of forbidden magic, especially when the character is not your average evil caster. It adds a layer of complexity, with the corruption aspect and the whole temptation to abuse the power.

What are your expectations of this server?:
My expectations are that while the standards are held high I'm not forced into playing a peasant. My prior experiences involved many underpowered characters and I'm admittedly tentative about joining, as I found people to be generally afraid to do anything, or that their actions would mean little in the long run. I may be in a minority, I'm not sure, but I like my RPs to be epic in scale and experience, like a good book. I'd rather not play World of Workcraft, if that makes sense.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Respect is likely the one I feel can apply to most all situations most effectively, though I do think it stresses giving respect to the GMs over players quite a bit. While I'm not about to deny authority, I do expect to be treated reasonably, regardless of my status. We're all human beings, after all.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Seeing as I'm testing the waters a bit, I'd like to abstain from the story for the moment, if that's alright.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I'd like to say that I hope I'll have a good experience here, and that my doubts will be assuaged as I spend time on the server. My expectations are rather high, but I have faith in CoTH not to disappoint.
Hello Phineas! I'm Loxmardin and it's my pleasure to welcome you (back) to Conquest of the Horde!

If you haven't already, I'd suggest that you double-check the rules and policies of the server on our very own CotH Wiki. If you have any questions, you should consult the Wiki and the available subforums which contain a fair bit of information ("Forum: Search" is your friend!) first but you are of course always welcome to contact a GM if you can't find what you're looking for, or ask on the forums!

Have fun, enjoy your stay and see you in-game!

Happy RPing!

//Loxxy
I normally don't post in introductions, nor am I a GM or anything.. but I just wanted to share:

[Image: Gotferb.jpg]

Welcome to the server! ^.~ If you got any questions, poke me in-game or over forum or anything!
Look, my paint skills are improving!