Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Ralnok`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
My name is James, I'm interested in joining this server upon recommendation by a good group of friends that I have. I've been roleplaying for more years than I can remember now, and I've done a lot of work to integrate into all of the communities I've formerly belonged to. My works, as you can see, are in fluent English, and I hope to bring another solid character to your community.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
United States, English. Minor Spanish.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Orcs v. Humans. First RTS I've ever played. Snowballed since then.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Recommendation from friends who have been looking for a solid community to join.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I have large amounts of experience in social and military RP. My primary choice would be social, not so much hanging around a tavern, but more exploration.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
It's always been a toss-up between humans and Night Elves. Night Elves have a very rich heritage that is interesting to play with and learn about. Humans are my more relaxed characters, as you can be relatively flexible with them without trying too hard.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I do not expect very much from this server. My friends and I are looking for a relatively monitored and attentive staff that prevents people sabotaging good roleplaying, and I look forward to meet with a good group of people.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Keyboard skills. Nothing kills a good session like full lower-case and no punctuation.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
((This is copied from my personal portfolio, taken from Old Hatreds on Prologue. The situation regarded forces of Azeroth being trapped in the Outlands after the portal was sealed shut once again.))

"Can you smell what I have cooking?" The Goblin, affectionately known as The Rokk to members of the Lower City, clapped his hands together. He smirked with great pride as his ogre assistant Gargoth chopped fresh meats for the stew. The Ambassador paused for a moment, wafting a bit of the bubbling stew. "Not bad. Not bad at all. Might actually be worth the investment..." The Ambassador uttered, "And you can have this prepared within the next four hours?"

"Four hours? That's kind of a short time... But perhaps the ingredients would be fresher if say my money pouch jingled a little bit more?" The Rokk held out his greedy palm. Ralnok sighed, dropping a few more bits into his hand. "I don't have much of a choice, do I?"

A dim brazier burst into life as Ralnok pushed boxes over to make a small stage. He looked down at his pocketwatch, before glancing over at the rest of his part. He nodded lightly, before putting his hands to his mouth.

"Rise up, sons and daughters of the Lower City! The time has come to aid the defenders of Shattrath!"

The small tent outside of the Shattrath Infirmary was now buzzing with a crowd. A large kettle of soup, made by a happily paid-off Goblin and his Ogre assistant, furthered the attention to the source of the yelling.

"We call upon each of you to find the courage and test your mettle! Come to the Infirmary. All new recruits will receive two gold coins and the freshest stew The Rokk has to offer!"

Ralnok cringed a bit. Sacrifices. Always need sacrifices. He'd be more than willing to go home empty-handed at this point, if it meant getting to the Stronghold on time. The Draenei and the Elves took advantage of a break in the Siege to aid them, and at this point, he needed an edge. More men doesn't mean a successful defense. The flanks would eat away at the Hold if a new plan wasn't generated.

"Ambassador Orenthil. A moment?" Ralnok turned his attention away from his empty pockets, to face the robed Scryer. "Yes, Altrae. I think the recruiter can take it from here." He jumped off of the crate he was standing on and walked inside of the infirmary. He smiled, bowing at Lady Sha'nir, and continued his stroll up the slope, glancing around. Within weeks, he was able to help restock the lacking supplies with the help of the Tenth, in an effort to better improve relations with the Aldor. It was a good investment. Time could only tell when it will be needed to full capacity.

"Well, seems the recruiting efforts are starting to pay off. I'm not really sure I care to think how much you are paying those Mag'har at the Armory though." Altrae smirked and perked a brow. Earlier in the day, Ralnok had been forced into a rather thick bargaining negotiation with the two orcs. The settlement was agreed to, with Ralnok giving up most of the money he had made on the expedition. But at the very least, the Lower City militia would be armored, including Brik.

"It's of no importance. A setback though, financially. At any rate, I'll be trying to get an audience with the Warlord soon. Maybe I can convince him that our kind would serve a better use alive rather than dead..." Ralnok sighed, his gaze set upon the recruitment tent. "I suppose you'll be wanting me to gain you an audience with the Scryers, as well?" Altrae suggested, folding his arms. "Hopefully they are able to forgive being fired upon..."

Hopefully.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Looking forward to your reply.
Hello Ralnok! I'm Loxmardin and it's my pleasure to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

If you haven't already, I'd suggest that you double-check the rules and policies of the server on our very own CotH Wiki. If you have any questions, you should consult the Wiki and the available subforums which contain a fair bit of information ("Forum: Search" is your friend!) first but you are of course always welcome to contact a GM if you can't find what you're looking for, or ask on the forums!

Have fun, enjoy your stay and see you in-game!

Happy RPing!

//Loxxy