Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Files are Corrupted !?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, since a handful of people went to another RP server to try it out, I thought to do the same. They had to have you DL some patch for their server.

.. Well, it corrupted my WoW files. I deleted their patch, and it's still corrupted. Is there some magical fix to this, or do I have to reinstall everything? If that's the case... Then how do I manually patch to 3.3.5. ? Because the first time I just let Blizzard patch me up, and it was all good.

/sigh

Not gonna do this again.
wtfpwned.

-stops trolling-

Did you use Repair?
Doesn't work, cannot connect to the server for repair.
change your realmlist back to normal
repair
change back

Don't download patches to mess around on a server it can mess your stuff up.
It's repairing now, with the CotH realmlist.

Bah. Draenei are clearly better than High Elf patch.
This is why I have two WoW folders.
Kick whoever told you that you could play on both with one WoW directory.
/kicks Nightongale
That makes no sense, considering I told her to copy the directory.
She said it would be fine if I just moved the patch out of the WoW folder, and change realmlist to play between both servers. /shrug
After repairing and resetting everything, it wants me to update. If I try to play it without updating, it goes back to saying it's corrupted.

Any other options before I delete the whole thing and try to figure out how to manually patch?
I am using this guide.

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=11990

And I have downloaded the first patch to kick the whole thing off, 3.0.1 to 3.0.2. using this site.

http://www.wow-patch.in/index.php

I try to execute the patch, and it does nothing. I attempt to open, does nothing.

.. Halp?
Don't know if anyone saw this, since the recent posts got flooded. :|

Need help. D: