Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Deathmonkey`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
A lot of people I meet say I am a really nice guy. I am very polite (especially when it comes to online games that utilize a chat feature) I am not a complete expert on role playing in the warcraft realm, but I am willing to learn. I don't like to talk much; I prefer to observe people and what they do, and how they speak in order to learn things. I also enjoy writing short stories about the many fictional things that my imagination creates. I have played on a light RP server once before, and although a lot of the RPs were crap, I enjoyed the experience of trying out a different style of gamely

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I am from the United States (and I still reside there) so obviously, I speak english.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I have never actually played the RTS game Warcraft. But I have played World of War craft for quite some time now, and once spent a day reading the whole lore page on the world of Warcraft website

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
You were the only quality, and true RP server I could find

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I like going on long journeys that include with climactic endings. I enjoy RPing in a larger group, because as I said above, I do not usually like to be a main character, I like to observe, and act or speak only when it may affect some part of the plot in my favor, or the favor of my peers. Being that kind of background, yet still sort of important to the plotline kind of character is what I will most likely go for in any RP. I also generally like to side myself with the chaotic neutral philosophy. Government and rules don't bother me, and I also like the freedom to align myself with the winning side, like and intelligent opportunist would do.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I really like to play humans, mainly because they are down to earth, and easy to play in just about any RP situation. My favorite class is a warlock, but I also like rogues, both are kind of shady, but are not necessarily evil, and that's really the kind of look I go for when I RP

What are your expectations of this server?:
mainly I expect what you have posted all across your website. A friendly server with many excellent and skilled RPers that enjoy what they do. I also would like to expect some leniency for my inexperienced approach to role playing. Being new isn't easy, but I hope that people will be willing to teach me so that I may better fit in with this community.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I think my favorite rule is the humility rule. It is very well explained, and is also very true. I really hate it when a fellow role player deems himself worthy enough to suddenly transform into a demon that is super god like, but is still one the good guy's side, but can kill you with a single glare, and is often temperamental, without the other role players' consent. That change would be a huge disruption to the main focus on the role play, drawing it away from the idea and focusing it mainly on the idiot who decided to do that.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
( a story about a man who's true adventure starts with stealing a measly piece of bread)
Xosuk crouched in the shadows of a low rooftop, overlooking the bustling street market. His ragged clothes were dirty from overuse, and his hair was a black and tangled mess. Xosuk was a street rat, and like many others of his kind, he was always hungry, and never satisfied. Down below, a portly man in a stark white apron was yelling loudly over the roar of the crowd.
“Bread! Hot bread for sale!” he waved a delicious looking hunk of fresh wheat bread in the air, waving it around like a baton. The smell almost overtook Xosuk, for he had not eaten in may days, and the stove in the back of the bread vendor's stall was in the midst of baking a fresh batch of bread. Xosuk licked his cracked lips hungrily, edging closer to the edge of the rooftop. The fat man would never be able to comprehend what happened.
Xosuk waited until the baker was in a heavy conversation over pricing arrangements, and then made his move. He silently leaped over the lip of the rooftop, landing with a role to the side of the baker's market stall. Before the baker could even look at him, Xosuk grabbed a loaf of bread, and began to sprint.
He pushed through the throng of shoppers and merchants, desperately making his way to a secure alleyway. Shouts from behind him signaled that the baker had order the city guards to take chase, and Xosuk was spurred on by fear. He turned abruptly to the right, dashing into a dark alley way. The guards however, were not fooled, and followed him in fearlessly. Xosuk ran for all he was worth, and then suddenly stopped. He had hit a dead end. Stunned by fear, he dropped the loaf of bread, and slowly turned around.
The guards approached valiantly, seeing their prey trapped. There we only two, but they both had swords drawn, wicked weapons that would cut Xosuk's unarmored body to ribbons. This wasn't fair, thought Xosuk, who was born on the street, and lived on the street for his whole life. Why would a thriving city full of such wealth let their occupants live like this? Why did Xosuk fell suddenly abandoned?
A sudden rage came over the young thief. His eyes narrowed, and he let out a primal cry. Sprinting at the nearest soldier, he dodged an awkward sword thrust, and went in close the surprised guard, catching his face with a thrown elbow. The guard dropped his sword and fell back, stunned. Xosuk sensed the other guard lunging in from behind, Xosuk twisted his body weirdly, avoiding the sword thrust, at the price of his balance. The guard pulled his sword back, and approached with a backhand slice. Xosuk did the only thing he could, and simply let his legs collapse from underneath him. The deadly blade whipped past is nose, and Xosuk could feel the wind behind the blow. As soon as he hit the ground, Xosuk swept his legs around, catching the guard in the knees, causing him to topple over, and slam his head against the alley wall. He slid down slowly, and did not move.
The other guard came in with a fury, raising a dagger for and over head blow. It never cane though, for Xosuk had simply shot his hand up and out, catching the guards wrist and flinging the hand wide. The guard however, no novice in combat, went down to one knee and let the momentum of the blocked swing him all the way around, stabbing the dagger in Xosuk's exposed calf. Xosuk cried out in pain, but kept his nerve and grasped the man's chin and the back of his head with both hands. The guard, realizing what Xosuk was about to do, quickly raised his hands and grasped tightly to Xosuk's wrists. The struggle went on for what seemed like many heartbeats. Each man not daring to release the pressure he had place. Xosuk finally kicked out suddenly, hitting the guard in the chest, knocking the air from his lungs. The guard's grip slackened, and the sudden release of pressure brought Xosuk's hands around, cleanly snapping the man's neck. Xosuk backed away quickly, staring at his hands, the hands of a murderer. He knew that if someone saw him, they would report him the magistrates, and Xosuk would hang for his crimes. Acing rationally, Xosuk stripped the guards of their armor and insignias, hiding most of the equipment under an old water barrel in the corner of the alleyway. He then strapped on small pieces of the armor, gathered up the sword and placed it on his belt. He looked down to his leg and swooned as waves of agony hit him like a charging bull. Gritting his teeth, Xosuk grabbed the handle of the dagger in his leg, and closed his eyes. After what seemed like hours, he suddenly ripped the blade free and nearly cried out in shock. Xosuk quickly took a thick piece of cloth, and bandaged the wound as best he could, wiped the dagger off in the dirt, and placed it in his belt. He now looked like any other mercenary that walked the streets looking for jobs and contracts. He knew he needed to get away from the city, so he set off, limping slightly, in the direction of the nearest gate leading to the outside world. He had no money, and little skill with a sword, but Xosuk got the feeling that after he was released from this wretched place, his life would be for the better.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Question: How large is your community as a whole?

And thank you for considering this application.
Hello Deathmonkey! I'm Loxmardin and it's my pleasure to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

We have a pretty fair population. The total online-count peaks at around 50 every day, when it's the most active. During the low-downs, we usually have around 10 people online at the same time. This is when the larger portion of the server is busy with either school or sleep. And since the vast majority of the server population is American... Well.

If you haven't already, I'd suggest that you double-check the rules and policies of the server on our very own CotH Wiki. If you have any questions, you should consult the Wiki and the available subforums which contain a fair bit of information ("Forum: Search" is your friend!) first but you are of course always welcome to contact a GM if you can't find what you're looking for, or ask on the forums!

Have fun, enjoy your stay and see you in-game!

Happy RPing!

//Loxxy