Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Portal trainers!?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all =D

Anywho,
I got another suggestion.
As the title reads, I already gave you the topic.
But that irrelevant for now.
Since wouldnt it be handy to have all portal trainers on GMI, or just one NPC that can teach you all?
Share you thoughts with me on this :D
/agree
I do not believe it is too difficult to go to the appropriate city(ies). When we last tried a universal portal trainer, folks were learning portals of both factions, which... was not ideal.

(Posted via my phone)
Maybe if its possible, do an Alliance portal trainer and a Horde portal trainer?
The horde NPC can have a check to see if the player is Alliance so it'll do the generic greetings (Name) thing..
And the other way around for Alliance NPC..?
And its more for IC/RP reason, rather than OOC ones.
Well, Kretol's point still stands. It would take a maximum of 10 minutes to get all the racial portals. And, thinking ahead, someone is going to say "But it's a waste of time."

It's a waste of Kretol's time to make this. /sagenod
Its not going to be that much of a waste of time Danalthar.
Unless you have something else to support your fact, state so.
Instead of giving the community a demoralizing rant about that it just takes time, he could add it to the to-do list?
I know it excists, so hush.
Don't we have an OOC teleporter to most of the locations? I don't think it'd be that hard to get the portals. The issue still stands, however, that when we had a portal trainer for all portals, people were able to get the other faction's portals and that's sort of game breaking.
Wuvvums please dont rechew what Kretol already stated :d
I'm trying to get an RP possibility added and its being crushed just like that >_>
How would this provide RP opportunities? If I understand correctly, you're asking for a new NPC who exists within GMI. Which is a purely out-of-character location.

Not trying to shoot the idea down, I'm honestly curious as to your thoughts concerning the addition of this NPC as a catalyst for anything in-character.
Its more as a visual render and short-cut for travelling.
As it would take a few moments of your precious time if you dont have much to spare at the time and thus you end up losing a great deal of it if loading of GMI to destination goes not very fast.
At the very least, I'll try to add all the appropriate faction portals to the trainers in Orgrimmar and Stormwind.
Jaella Wrote:Wuvvums please dont rechew what Kretol already stated :d
I'm trying to get an RP possibility added and its being crushed just like that >_>

I'm not trying to put the idea down, I'm just saying that you can do that for right now if you want all the portals.

Also this would only be an opportunity for mages, and it's not like the opportunity isn't there without a portal trainer.
Its not really a bad thing if it is indeed a new opportunity for mages. I'm not entirely certain what portal trainers would add, granted, but it seems Kretol is finding something of a solution regardless.