Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: mclauritsen`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
As a player I am: polite, mad with power and war hungry. I realize the shortage in background players, and don't mind passing on the spotlight, for a better story. I like to play everything from lowly peasant to the high priest of a cult to valiant battlefield commander. I like to play in a world where I know I can change things. which is what I expect to achieve by playing on a private server. Having a world that will change according to major events

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I am from the lands to the far east, sprawling with dragons and magic. That's right! Denmark. Of course, primary language: Danish.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I guess it all started when my cousin downloaded the trial. I used to go to his place to watch him as often as I could. It was so epic watching his hunter run around, mastering the world, so of course I had to get it myself! I played, and it was love at first sight. Back then, the world was so mysterious and beautiful.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
This server seems to be for real. All the other role playing servers I've been looking at is decrepit and diminishing. It looks very neat and professional. I'd classify it as crème de la crème ;-)

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Military Rp, definitely! I need something to happen! I need the tides to change. I need important people to die, and letting the new blood replace them! Character development is one of the most important things for me. If someone is not willing to put their characters head on the line for a good story, I can't work with it. That is the reason that I cannot take full pleasure in Rp on a retail server, as nobody in their right mind, would kill their lvl 80 for a single Rp plot. Also, what really gets me riled, is when territories change! When the alliance fights a valiant battle to take a foothold in the Plaguelands, and in the end, takes over Andorhal. From where they need to consolidate on their position and make sure they don't lose what they've paid dearly to get. Campaigns in enemy territory is what is most important for me. I cannot handle the constant status que that the retail tortures me with.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Probably a human. I like to play them as priests or paladins. The human is such a neutral character, the diversity fascinates me. As a human you can be both good and evil, whereas Elves, Gnomes and Draenie tend to be more of the good guys. What I really see in the priest and paladins, is the wisdom, they symbolize. I like to play an old and wise character, that others can seek advice from. I like to play the adviser as a priest, and a leader as a paladin. Else I just make a human warrior, if I wasn't to play a unimportant peasant hehe.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect to find good people, who can give me the rp satisfaction I need, and I expect to be able to change the world. I do not know how easy/tough it is to add new Npc's and mobs to new places, but that is what my goal is. I want to be able to expand alliance territory and lose it too. I want everybody to feel the danger of losing ground, as that would make a faction feel more united. The thing about retail servers are, that fellow faction members don't have anybody to fight, they fight each other! What I want is unity to fight a common invader.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Humility. I love when people know when to just be "that peasant over there". We don't need a town full of heroes.. That again adds to my love for Military Rp. When a person can just be a footman doing what he's told. I for one like to play the villager.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I'd like to do this at a later time. Don't have the mojo, currently.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I want to know if the server is just a solid brick, or a pile of sand, shape-able by the players? Nothing gets me off than a world that can change. just in minor ways. F.eks., if Darkshire was to be reinforced by a military faction, and finally killing the Raven Hill undead.
PS: The format of my previous post was very bad because it was written in a Wordpad-document, and i had to spam Enter alot, to make it read able.
Apologies for the inconvenience.
Hello mclauritsen! I'm Loxmardin and it's my pleasure to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

Unfortunately, we're a bit stale at the moment when it comes to event that bring actual change. This is due to uncertainties regarding Cataclysm and server cores, as we don't really know if we'll have to switch cores again in order to upgrade. It's a question of convenience, I suppose, since a core-switch would mean a load of work in switching everything over.

If you haven't already, I'd suggest that you double-check the rules and policies of the server on our very own CotH Wiki. If you have any questions, you should consult the Wiki and the available subforums which contain a fair bit of information ("Forum: Search" is your friend!) first but you are of course always welcome to contact a GM if you can't find what you're looking for, or ask on the forums!

Have fun, enjoy your stay and see you in-game!

Happy RPing!

//Loxxy