Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: I was wondering...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there Coth players,

I was wondering something:
So here on this server we have these fancy guys who play their prestige title. ( See what I did thar?
And I must say that I really like them, since they know how to play their character well. But something has been bothering me.

Yesterday me and a few others started discussing things about certain factions and how your character could/ could not be related to them. Now ofcourse it seems to me that you won't be allowed to play the son of almighty Arthas. And no, you won't be able to play the best friend of Illidan. And the rules that are applied to these examples are understandable.

First point:
I play Mistal'aerix, a Fel-sworn on a mission. A few days ago I contacted a GM and asked if it would be allowed to create a guild, that gets orders from the Burning legion. Meaning that the guild would -only- work for them, it does not say they get favored or get anything else. And the GM told me that if they would not be favored, nor would they gain large scale advantages of being loyal to the legion it is allowed.

What brings me to another point:
Some of you started to rage on Rosencrat when he stated that the Cabal is related to the Burning legion. But I ask you then. Why would it be so strange? Marianna is a Fel-sworn, Fel-sworn are demons who work for the Legion. Now tell me why it would be so 'OP' to work for the legion, as long as the player does not benefit from it, why would it be so much of a problem?

This really bothers me, since it does disturb some great ideas I had for my character as well as to create Events. I am not saying that I would base it all on the Legion and how Mistal would work for them, but it does make sense that in some way a Fel-sworn would be pushed into directions to do things for the legion.

Now I do not ask for getting flamed, and I would honestly like to have your answers. But please keep it on topic.

Thank you ^^ :3
It's only bothersome because...Fel-Sworn are people who consume demon blood, not born demons, and Kretol made it a rule people weren't allowed to play people with ties to things such as the Burning Legion, to most it seems like favouritsm...or however it's spelt.
A Felsworn is, by diction, sworn to the Fel and the Burning Legion, so in my personal, humble opinion is that there shouldn't be any issues with you or your intended guild being affiliated with the Burning Legion. On the other hand, from your own words you said that you do not intend to be favored or anything else and the GM said that it is allowed if you are not favored or gain a large-scale advantage. . .

I don't see the issue here, to be honest, and from your own words the GM actually implied that you might get minor advantages; maybe demonic guards?

According to wowpedia, Felsworns are a prestige class taken by members of the Burning Legion.

I might have misinterpreted or misunderstood things, of course, and these are just my personal thoughts on the matter.

Yours sincerely,
Zarquon
JackofBlades Wrote:It's only bothersome because...Fel-Sworn are people who consume demon blood, not born demons, and Kretol made it a rule people weren't allowed to play people with ties to things such as the Burning Legion, to most it seems like favouritsm...or however it's spelt.

I understand what you mean, but Fel-sworn are becoming a demon because of the consumption of Fel-blood. Since of the pure demonic essence within their own blood, a 'mortal' would mutate and become a nasty looking Fel-sworn. And because of the blood and the energy they use, other demons get attracted to them; Say a Dreadlord, who would try to convince the Fel-sworn in progress to become one of them, join the Legion and work with them to create a new world. They cloud the Fel-sworn's thoughts with these foul ideas which would set them into motion to cause havoc and mayhem on Azeroth. This is why they would be tied to the burning legion.

I would not call it favorism if someone who is a Fel-sworn has ties to the Burning Legion, since it comes with the prestige.

And to become a Prestige, one has to put alot of affort into it, writing long story lines or do it Ic-ly by using the game mechanics. It is hard work and hard work gets paid, which in this case is done by giving the character/player the right to use more impressive spells as well as giving them a new model.
@ Zarquon: Yes you interpreted it correctly.
The reason why I made this was because I do not want people to look down on the idea since some already do. And therefore I would like to discuss it first with this community. And hopefully people get some more understanding about certain groups, characters and the like.

Apologies for the double post, though.
With all do respect Mistal, Writing isn't -that- hard and not many people did...the amount of perfection people seem to talk about in their posts. I like the idea you've put forward, I was only edgy with Rosencats because I wasn't very well informed and being told one day "That guy's part of the legion and trying to creature the new scourge" sounds very off, you know?
I intended to stop with my views, but a clarification here because I am finding this confusion repeated on a grand scale around these parts:

Favoritism is the biased favoring of one party over another when both has EQUAL CLAIMs.

Meritocracy is to work for reward and be rewarded for work, AKA Mistal's prestige which suits what he is asking, affiliation with the Burning Legion, to a 'T'.

My humblest of apologies, but please do not confuse the two in this case. There is no favoritism whatsoever involved in Mistal's request. And did Kretol say that? Pardon me, for I am new, but with organizations like The Argent Crusade, Steamwheedle Cartel and the Duskhaven Cabal, why would affiliations with organizations already existent be inconceivable?

A final note, try not to criticize others writings or efforts, because Mistal obviously put much effort in his prestige and character.

Yours sincerely,
Zarquon
Did I say mistal? No, also the rule on the wiki was like...Errm major arching villians, I don't think it ment major groups in general, I.E the Argent Crusade.

(And to quote Yahtzee, without critics we'd all be wearing rocks on our head) Still, if Mistal's gone to all the trouble of organising it's...a good idea?
Quote: Still, if Mistal's gone to all the trouble of organising it's...a good idea?

Mistal is working on something indeed, yes. But I try to make it as good as can be and it will result in some events. But the reason why I started off this thread was because I was not sure how people would react to it, or if it would be allowed in some way, since most people look down upon a lot of things.
People will always look down on things, doesn't mean you shouldn't do it. Why, that's why the ignore button was invented, and guns. Never let a good idea die because people may complain.