Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Hedloff`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
First of all, my name is Alexander Hedloff Ostbo. I have been interested in computers, or gaming; more specifically, ever since I was six years old. I started out with classic games such as Warcraft 3, Counter-Strike, Grand Theft Auto and Half-Life, but eventually continued more at the fantasy path of gaming as I grew tired of too much realism. One my older brothers was the one to bring me into Warcraft 3, as he usually sat down at the cybercafé playing LAN competitions through Battle.net. Once I bought the game and tried it for my first time, the addictness factor inhaled me into the world of Azeroth and I simply couldn't stop playing it. After a year or two, Warcraft wasn't much of interest to me anymore, and I continued playing the multiplayer modification for Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (SA:MP). I started roleplaying ever since, and that's pretty much the main thing that brought me back to Warcraft, or World of Warcraft as you would call it now. Even though the roleplay standards MIGHT not be as high at World of Warcraft, due to Blizzard couldn't prevent certain circumstances as they had to make the game according to the main aspects of Warcraft, eventually featuring PvP and such. But still, I like myself here and roleplay is roleplay, it's the same crew.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I was born in Stavanger, Norway at 6th of September 1994 by my Norwegian father and Polish mother. I mainly speak Norwegian, but I know other languages such as Spanish, and of course English. And no, unfortunately, I don't speak, nor write, NOR understand, Polish. In addition to roots from Norway and Poland, my half sister comes from the United States of America and roots from my fathers side.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
As I stated above, my brother brought me into Warcraft, and ever since I was five years old, I have been really interested for fantasy.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I found you a while ago, but time went by and I started to do completely other things. Now, I went to Google and searched for 'WoW RP Server' and this community was displayed on the top. I really didn't find any other roleplay server suitable for my level of roleplay.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I like to start off with something and slowly progress. Starting off with a character that has an eternity of history behind him/herself just creates a lot of confusion, and you often re-start with something else as other interests come into your mind. And yes, tavern roleplay is wonderful. You just lay back, have a chat with some fellows, then eventually get known to them.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Recently, I started a Orc Shaman at retail and I didn't regret it at all. It provides a constand mixture between lethal melee/spell combat and support. Not many classes can master two specializations at once. I assume this would be my favourite choise.

What are your expectations of this server?:
To be honest, after getting known to the community a little bit after reading many official threads, I can't say anything else than pure awesomeness. You have managed to limit many in-capabilities within WoW-roleplay, which is indeed a very good job. All of the staff members seem to put a lot of effort into their position, which reduces many maintainment problems.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Unfortunately, I don't really know how to answer this question as the link/thread isn't valid. It brings me to a 'CotH-Wiki error' page, but I assume you have common rules as many other communities, so here it goes.

I think the Metagaming is the most abused thing within roleplay. The definition of Metagaming would be using OOC knowledge IC. Claiming to know something IC which you only would know OOC is very simple, but if you aren't careful, you might be spotted. I mean, how easy wouldn't it be saying that you know the whole universe (Outlands, Northrend & Azeroth) only by looking at the World Map?

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I'll go for the second option, stating my intentions of what I'm going to write once I am to move up to the Gruntship position.

Primarily, I'm going to write a story about my first character and how he progresses towards whatever his faith brings him to, obviously how I'm roleplaying him. As I stated in the box where I was supposed to answer the title, 'What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?', I like to start easy. I don't want a big background of my character, it only creates confusions, and in the end I would get bored. As the roleplay progresses, I get other interests, and I always have an opportunity to change what I'm roleplaying. So simply, I'm going to write about my character's story, which would obviously be based in what I roleplay.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Not really, no.
Hello Hedloff! I'm Loxmardin and it's my pleasure to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

If you haven't already, I'd suggest that you double-check the rules and policies of the server on our very own CotH Wiki. If you have any questions, you should consult the Wiki and the available subforums which contain a fair bit of information ("Forum: Search" is your friend!) first but you are of course always welcome to contact a GM if you can't find what you're looking for, or ask on the forums!

Have fun, enjoy your stay and see you in-game!

Happy RPing!

//Loxxy
Thanks, Loxmardin. I'm looking forward to get know to most of you :3 Oh, and just for a late reference, I already read everything within the section where rules & polices is located. Somehow, I can't manage to open http://wiki.conquestofthehorde.com/Rules and http://wiki.conquestofthehorde.com/Policies. An error pops up.
Yea. Same problem with me. Been happening since yesterday.