Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Connecting, Authenticating, Handshaking, THHBBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Connecting, Authenticating, Handshaking, You have been disconnected from the server.

Thats what I get everytime I try to log on, each step takes about a second.

I'm patched up to 3.3.5 (at first I thought that was the problem because I was patched at 3.3.0)

I've checked my Realm list multiple times and the config list. I've tried moving the realmlist between the WTF folder and the enUS folder multiple times, I've deleted the extra realm list blizzard through in there.

I'm not sure what the problem is, perhaps its my account?

I'm new btw, thanks for your help in advance :)
Ah I think I found out what this was.

I was logging on with my Server Account user name instead of my email. When I tried with my email I got the whole patch required thing. At first I was hesitant to patch anything because uninstalling 4.0 and reinstalling was NOT FUN.

Since the patchlist on the config file was set to coth.game-host.org I decided I would see what would happen, of course it was the 4.0 patch. I didn't install but now I can't get on.

Why is it asking me to patch?

I'm sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, I've genuinely made an effort to look xD
Well, are you sure the realmlist is correct? It's--

Quote:set realmlist logon.conquestofthehorde.com
set patchlist logon.conquestofthehorde.com

Also, make sure you're on 3.3.5a. Thirdly, you need to make a game account @http://account.conquestofthehorde.com/. Make sure everything is copied just as it is on your profile.
If you try using your email, I'm assuming you also have an active retail account with that email and the password you used. The login will first check the realmlist and then default to the normal retail login. That is why it came up with the whole "PATCH NOW NUB".
At this point, you'll need to make absolutely certain you only have one realmlist. Seriously, check this. A very common issue is people having one in both the base WoW folder as well as the Data/enUS folder. If you have two of them, delete one.
Secondly... I noticed the last login was today at about 5:22pm. So, it seems the connection was made (rendering the above null), but something else is preventing the full connection... I don't know what.
Also... where did you see to use the address of coth.game-host.org?
OH DERP. Alright, I wasn't at 3.3.5a. I had completely forgotten to install that last patch. Alright I'm going to give that a go, then I'll try it again.

Sorry about that, and thanks :)

Also, thats very interesting that it reverts back to the default log in like that. Sounds complicated, much kudos for the upkeep!