Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: caswow`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I LOVE RP, it's my favorite aspect of WoW. I used to game on EchelonedWoW, a popular All-GM Private Server known for it's RP phases. I played there since it was closed by Blizzard and after a short gaming leave, I'm back looking for some good RP and this place seems like a fantastic place to start!

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I live in the United States of America and speak english and am learning French.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Okay so I can go quite long talking about this so here's the summary before i get carried away: I learned about WoW at around 11 and private servers around 13 through friends and other gaming sites due to my love for video games. My passion for gaming started at the early age of, maybe 6-8, when I learned about flash games, so logically I'd spend a lot of time on addictinggames.com where I'd often see ads abot Runescape and World of Warcraft, but I payed no mind until I was around 9 or 10 when all of my friends began playing Ruenscape. Me with my pre-existing love for video games instantly looked it up. 1 maybe 2 years later I decided I was ready to surpas Runescape to more advanced forms of gaming, which of course led me to WoW. I played WoW retail until I was 13, summer had began and my parents had finally got me into a private school they've wanted me to go to for years so we didn't have enough money to go on vacation and also, couldn't afford WoW. Out of desperation I raked the internet for weeks until i found private servers. Starting with World of the Gods [which I still am a member of], then Echeloned, and ultimately here. Sorry that was so long!

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Later in my days of Private Servers did I gain knowledge of the wonders of RP and after EchelonedWoW closed, I was left heartbroken so i stopped for maybe maybe 7 or 8 months but now I'm back and looking for good RP so i've googled for a couple days and found you guys!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I love ALL roleplay [not as much combat ones, but they're fun too]. The more elaborate the better, also the more people involved my greatest RP experience was a plotted City RP in Stormwind with maybe 20-30 players in the trade district with lots of twists!

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I most often play a Night elf female Rogue named Lanuania, who is the daughter of the rogue trainer in Teldrassil, who after becoming known as a courageous and caring warrior amongst the Alliance is murdered in the Icecrown Citadel rescuing a close friend of hers, Zoran [A Night elf Male Hunter], and is taken to Instructor Razuvious inside the Ebon Hold who revives her as the newborn Death Knight Lanu, the shell of the woman she once was fought under the Lich King with her fellows. But on a raid of Teldrassil all of her memories flow back into her mind and collapses on the shore. After the other Death Knights were fought back Justine Demalier, on a trip from Stormwind finds her and offers to help her. Now she fights once again for the alliance. I'll start this entire story once i create a character on your server.

What are your expectations of this server?:
A solid RP server with multiple legitimate RP's and opportunity form me to progress in a storyline for each of my characters.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I find it wonderful how you demand respect between all [which I respect, lol]! I find this becomes essential in-game to have enjoyable and productive RP's!

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Well I've already told you the story of my gaming childhood, and the story of my favorite character, so why don't i tell the story of Zoran [mentioned in Lanuania's story]. Zoran was my first WoW character. I RPed with him since the start without realizing it. I had a backstory and all, now here it is: Born in his cottage in teldrassil, from his mother and stern father who insisted he become a great warrior. He trained Zoran for years and years onder guidance to become warrior, but finally Zoran confronted his father, with his close friend Lanuania at his side, and quit. He had a passion towards natures creatures and critters which he could no longer suppress. His father [who had become ruthless from the wars] disowned him that very day... that very day, that he was murdered. Murdered in cold blood by the nutorius Troll, Zan 'Torann [he's not in any lore, i made him up!] in the night while signing the papers. Heartbroken by his fathers acts, and enraged at the same time. He decided to honor his father by using the skills taught to him and become a hunter, who unlike most, preferred his blade to his bow. After years of tracking he had learned that Zan 'Torann had joined the Lich King as a Death Knight and was stationed in the Icecrown Citadel. In an act of blind fury, he single handily stormed the citadel with his nightsaber, [ummm... i forgot... let's go with...] Kindrell and with one arrow, with wood from the Teldrassil tree and iron forged by his fathers Dwarven colleagues, shot Zan 'Torann below the heart and watched him bleed to death and trampled by his newfound "colleuges" heading to the gates to secure that Zoran couldn't escape. At that moment his heartbreak lifted. for the first time in years, and fully fulfilled he leaped. Leaped from the ledge he stood on into the depths of scourge, and fought. fought until he could no longer. he fell to his knees, and saw his dear friends Lanuania break through the gates, and fought to his side. And together. the decided to face the worlds most challenging adventures. death.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I'm overjoyed I discovered you guys and hope to stay a member for as long as i can and maybe even become a GM efter you see me at work.
Hello caswow! I'm Loxmardin and it's my pleasure to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

It's great to see someone so enthusiastic! Either way; I notice you seem to forget to capitalize certain things occasionally. The word "I", for instance. Keep this in mind when you're writing. And, I would just note right now that pre-established relationships (be it physical, family relations or the like) with pre-established lore figures or named NPCs are greatly discouraged/not allowed. Keep that in mind, as well.

If you haven't already, I'd suggest that you double-check the rules and policies of the server on our very own CotH Wiki. If you have any questions, you should consult the Wiki and the available subforums which contain a fair bit of information ("Forum: Search" is your friend!) first but you are of course always welcome to contact a GM if you can't find what you're looking for, or ask on the forums!

Have fun, enjoy your stay and see you in-game!

Happy RPing!

//Loxxy
Thanks for the feedback! I'll try my hardest to bend my stories to your rules. Sorry about those grammar and spelling mistakes, I posted very late at night and i was VERY tired, I'll try my hardest to improve and impress you!
And just so you know, in advance, we're not allowed to be the children or related to NPCs, :)
Welcome!