Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Soulstones
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Create Soulstone
68% of base mana
3 sec cast
Creates a Soulstone. The Soulstone can be used to store one target's soul. If the target dies while his soul is stored, he will be able to resurrect with 30% health and 30% mana.

Conjured items disappear if logged out for more than 15 minutes.

So, I was derpin' on GMI earlier and I saw something. This sparked a question within me. How many Soulstones made by the same person can be used ICly? It says up there that "The Soulstone can be used to store one target's soul.", and, as far as I know, the server tries to stick to game mechanics. So, can a Warlock only make and use one Soulstone?
One Soulstone per soul. But, I believe you can make more than one at a time, however, they don't last too long and you need someone to activate them.
BountyHunter Wrote:One Soulstone per soul. But, I believe you can make more than one at a time, however, they don't last too long and you need someone to activate them.

So I can't pop off a Voldemort? D:
BountyHunter Wrote:One Soulstone per soul. But, I believe you can make more than one at a time, however, they don't last too long and you need someone to activate them.

Pretty much.

You can create as many Soulstones as you want. They are, until the soul is placed within, simply empty receptacles.

Once placed within, however, the soul will always attempt to 'return' to its body. That is why, after a finite amount of time (Based on the strength of the soulstone, though the duration is capped at one day) the stone ruptures and the soul returns to the body.

While a target's soul is in the soulstone the soulstone must remain on their person. If not, then the connection is severed and they die. The good news: You can be resurrected with the soulstone at that point!

So really, a Soulstone is a double-edged blade sometimes.
Except, you know, in lore they last for an infinite amount of time. I get my lore from the RPG books though, so meh.
Out of curiosity, would it be possible to put 2 souls into 1 soulstone?
PvtFrog Wrote:Out of curiosity, would it be possible to put 2 souls into 1 soulstone?

Nope.
FlyingSquirrel Wrote:

So I can't pop off a Voldemort? D:

Not with a -soulstone-. But theoretically, it might be possible with an extremely powerful enchanted item. The only issue is, just like Voldemort: destroying the object takes the piece of the soul with it, whilst it can only be destroyed via magical means.

Of course, this is mere speculation. No one can be terribly certain as to whether or not such a plot is really possible. Although it could be equated to a phylactery, with only a partial soul instead of one's entire soul. Still, speculative speculation is speculative.