Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Xurai`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
Well, I am a rather morose fellow at the best of times, really, but I am very capable of not showing such through role play, as in not being depressing at all times. Um, I don't go outside much, my best friend is my aging Pomeranian, and I am pretty sure I won't succeed in life. Hm, nothing in that is very promising, is it?

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I was born in the United States and my primary language is, shockingly, English. I take pride in my average grammar skills, but I really love spelling words correctly. If I do not know how to spell something, I'll usually visit Dictionary.com.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I had been an avid fan of Blizzard Entertainment games since Starcraft, so it was only natural that I would pick up Warcraft, and much later WoW; it had been my very first MMORPG, actually.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
Well, I had been on Echeloned a couple months back, before I quit WoW for a while because of the Cataclysm release (I had played the Beta, so I found no reason to buy the game and continue paying), and when I started Private Servers up again, I found it had been shut down. So, after becoming bored of a misc. number of mainly pvp servers, I decided to google RP servers, and found this.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I usually don't go for the group RP kind of scene, mainly because I can get lost rather quickly. Although, I tend to enjoy tavern scenes more often than a battle.. so, kind of contradictory, I suppose. However, what I adore is an open nature scene, possibly on a mountain overlooking a sacred grove, kind of thing.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite race are the Forsaken, but my ultimate favorite class has... have? got to be Druids. My very first WoW character was a Night Elf druid named Lunarclaw; I thought it was a rather original name, until I came across the level 10 bear form quest to kill Lunaclaw in Darkshore. The reason the Forsaken are my favorite race is because, simply, that I love their story and, yes, they show most armor off extremely well, in my opinion.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I'm not exactly sure what to think of this server just yet, but the presence of needing an introduction favors kindly towards being a satisfactory experience.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I would say that the 'Typing Skills' -Rule- pertains to what I enjoy out of roleplaying the most, really. I think it may be the reason I got into the genre to begin with. I can't stand seeing people butcher the English language, and I hate, above all else, when a citizen of the U.S. speaks and types at a worse level than a foreigner. I just.. cant understand how that is at all possible. I understand the other can be the most educated person in the world, but to see a citizen without the intellect required to fully spell out a word, or use commas at least to some degree of usefulness, just irks me something fierce.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
It is currently five in the morning, so I would love to do this at a later time, if possible - which it states above this box that it is.. so, kind of a null point.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Hm, since this is a RP server, and I am aware it's not instant 80, will there be vendors for certain gear? It would surely be a great hassle trying to get some of the stuff from cut content, or raids and the like. Mainly old raids, of course, but still.
Hello Xurai! I'm Loxmardin and it's my pleasure to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

It's not instant-80, no. There are a few procedures involved in gaining level 80 on your characters. (You need to attain Gruntship and have an approved profile for every character you wish to level up to 80. All characters without a character profile are only allowed to level up to 50.) And, there are vendors for Dungeon and Tier gear (up to a certain Tier, unsure which at the moment) on the GM Island, which is the official OOC zone of the server. You can get there through portals in every racial capital. Usually close to the banks.

If you haven't already, I'd suggest that you double-check the rules and policies of the server on our very own CotH Wiki. If you have any questions, you should consult the Wiki and the available subforums which contain a fair bit of information ("Forum: Search" is your friend!) first but you are of course always welcome to contact a GM if you can't find what you're looking for, or ask on the forums!

Have fun, enjoy your stay and see you in-game!

Happy RPing!

//Loxxy