Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Edgar [RC]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kimee had checked the gem every few minutes, hidden up her sleeve, and made note of the brightness of the light it emitted. "My, my... brightest it's been since I started looking," she mutters to herself and keeps the gem held out now, pacing about and watching its reaction.

The gem inside the coffin six feet below would begin to rattle about, glowing a bright red.

Kimee steps over the exact spot and takes a few steps past it, making note of the slight fade of the light, and moves back the same distance. "Here we are, then." She pockets the gem and lifts the shovel off the poor old woman's back. "Now to dig the little bugger out. I swear, he'll not be leaving the tombs after this." She stabs the earth with the spade and stomps down as hard as she can with her boot, which isn't very hard considering her frail form, but she manages.

Several grueling hours of work and enough curse words to fill a hundred Oxford dictionaries later, she hits the hard surface of Barlton's coffin. What little she knows of engineering is enough for her to realize that the most efficient way to open the casket would be to use the shovel as a lever of sorts, and so she uses her boot as a fulcrum and pries the rusty box open.

Barlton would be lying in the coffin heavily burned and almost unrecognizable. Pieces of burnt flesh have clung to the coffin around him; a good portion of his bone showing.

Kimee cringes as the horrendous scent fills her nostrils, her eyes tearing up, which says a lot when you consider her career choice. "Should've brought my mask..." she mutters, and proceeds to heave the body out.

Barlton 's body would be quite light, what's left of his flesh crumbling at the slightest touch.

Kimee lies the corpse down and inspects the damage, the look on her face one of severe displeasure and annoyance. "And I suppose you think I'm going to patch you up, hmm?" she asks the inanimate corpse, her hands on her hips and glaring down at him. After a moment of just standing there angrily as if expecting him to all of a sudden pop up and beg for help, she walks up and removes a glove, slapping him across the face shortly afterward. "Hmph!" Barlton's metallic jaw would pop off, rolling a ways away.

Kimee slides her glove back on, wiggling her fingers to make sure it's on properly. "Right, then." She reaches into her pocket for a piece of chalk and does what all Necromancers do best... draw! A large circle, not far from Barlton, roughly six feet in diameter, with intricate swirls and polygons within it, forming the most basic of shadow runes, and also the most important.

Kimee stands up straight after finishing the design and gives Barlton's corpse an annoyed look while holding her palms out over the chalk lines, fingers claw-like and pointing downward onto it, shortly after infusing the lines with pure Shadow, bursting in a bright violet light.

Kimee returns to the body and carefully lifts the frail thing onto the rune she had drawn, careful to line the body exactly over the shapes the ritual calls for. Pieces of roasted, rotten flesh would continue to flake away from the corpse.

Kimee looks out over Barlton and taps a gloved finger to her chin in thought. "Now then... I don't have a body for him... have to give him some of my own energy, then." She rolls her eyes. "I swear if he dies so far away from civilization again..."

She removes her left glove again and pockets it, then reaches into her robes for a dagger. She stands over him, her feet atop the rune, and squeezes the blade in her left hand, drawing blood that trickles down her wrist.

Kimee keeps the blade held tightly, her facial expression one of deep focus and concentration, and the rune underneath the pair bursts into a bright violet light that engulfs the two in a violent gust.

The wind stops, the roar that deafened the woman gone in an instant, and its energies held in her outstretched and profusely-bleeding hand. She clenches her fist, the blood that trickled down her wrist seeming to retract back to the wound, leaving no trace of having bleed down that way at all, and becomes one with the Shadow held tightly in that hand.

Kimee leans forward and grits her teeth from, not the pain, but the extreme fatigue already weighing down on her already-weakened body. But she summons what last bits of strength remain in her to slam the gathered energies downward into the corpse, and for a moment a deep violet light burst from his eye sockets and mouth, before fading and all was quiet again.

Barlton 's corpse would give a swift jerk, his mouth as wide as it can be without a lower jaw. His eye sockets would glow a faint yellow again as he stared up at the cloudless sky. He would turn his head stiffly, his exposed spine groaning as he peered at Kimee. Kimee pulls out her windsto - just kidding, but she does look down at him as she tries to keep herself upright with the help of her cane.

Barlton would give an ever-so-slight nod, a weak cough eminating from his throat but little else could be said as he -is- missing his lower jaw, along with his tongue.

Kimee slowly turns to see where his metallic jaw had rolled off to, and waddles to retrieve it.

Kimee looks curiously at the jaw and then at Barlton, but doesn't bother trying to figure out how the hell that thing is supposed to stay on, so she just holds it out to him.

Barlton would reach up with his skeletal hand to grasp the jaw, attempting a half-jawed smile as he accepted it from her.

Kimee leans most of her weight onto her cane. "Hmph. You won't be smiling when I tell you we have to -walk- back."

--------------------------------------------------

Drawbacks

Temporary
  • Loss of all major motor skills
  • Amnesia
  • Extremely frail, with most if not all of his skeleton showing.
  • A loss of skill in the Arcane.

Permanent
  • Loss of any memories to do with the Aula Arcanum.
  • Loss of any memories to do with most people he has met, besides the major ones.
  • An increased frailty after he is "patched" up.
  • A shattered ego.
Knew it wouldn't last.