Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Zoldam`s Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player.:
I joined on patch 2.2, I have played it quite frequently ever since. After hitting 70 and reading up on the raid bosses, I became interested in the story behind them, this started a snowball effect that made me level many alts to see different aspects and buy and play Warcraft 3 (Been wanting 1 and 2, but Blizzard doesn't sell them anymore and I try to avoid pirated software when possible). However, I do not read the comics or books, so I am only familiar with Warcraft and World of Warcraft lore, and the occasional WoW Wiki read.

I have yet to RP (Puts up flame shield), but while I love the Warcraft universe, I am growing bored of WoW and have decided to look at a different aspect of the game (RP), now I won't lie, when I was new to the game I was one of those /point /lol @ RPers, but after spending some time on a few RP servers (Outside of Goldshire), I became interested in it, the server were overall more friendly and helpful. I leveled a character to 80 on one, but was frustrated. The live client RP servers have terrible trolls, people whispering and saying "LF ERP have a huge boner right now i have vent", then Real ID came out, I can really no longer "Hide" on an RP server from those I know, while said people are cool, (most) are not lore nerds and just don't understand it (Such as myself when I was new to WoW), and I don't want to get busted about playing on a RP server if the moment calls for it, I like to stick to raiding/PvPing with them. I really want to give it a serious go, but I just can't take it seriously on live servers.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?
I was born and raised in the United States (And still live in them if curious), more specifically Eastern Massachusetts. My primary language, as you probably guessed, is English. My mother was an English major at a college here, so I grew up constantly corrected about improper grammar, so I don't fall victim to the local "Down here in easten mass it's wicked pissah", as with most I will fall victim to spelling mistakes and typos, but I can assure you I won't say anything like "hey guyz can i help u raid 2", I don't do this on live and I hate seeing it.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I got in to Warcraft by a friend who told me I would love the game, I was reluctant at first, knowing that I would get hooked. He finally convinced me to make a trial account, so I did. And as I expected, I got hooked to the game and shortly after, the Warcraft universe.

What made you seek our server over others? (or How did you find us?):
I know it's frowned upon, but I won't lie, Google sent me here. Several RP private servers came up on the list, so I checked a few out and this one appears to take this stuff seriously, which I am looking for because, as stated earlier, I can't take live seriously at all, so this is why I am applying. Hopefully that isn't too terrible.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I can't quite say yet, but I have always been in to the fantasy adventure genre, making the whole fighting/danger with the occasional social city things (Taverns/Lore rich buildings like a cathedral or such) appear appealing. I don't plan, and doubt I could get in to, erotic roleplay (This seems to be brought up at one point or another so I am gettign it out of the way).

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite class is a difficult question, my main on live is a paladin, but that was my first character I made when I knew little lore and the muli-purpose warrior type class was appealing to me. Now my favorite? In WoW (As in not WC3 hero classes) is still difficult, but if forced I think I will have to go with warrior. Warriors were just one of the more fun classes to play, mechanic wise, lore wise is they have no "Class-defining" lore (Lawful paladins, demonic warlocks, etc.), leaving a lot of possibilities open. My favorite (Playable) race is without a question Troll, not so much for lore (Although the lore is interesting), but just for the awesome vibe they give off and the laid back attitude. However, if we are going by lore, then it is the Scourge, which is not playable (In WoW anyway), so for playable lore races, probably Night Elves. For a race not introduced in to the Warcraft universe until several installments in, they were sure given quite a bit of lore with depth to it.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Expectations? Simply put, serious RP, I really want to give this stuff a go and am now ready to take it seriously. I am not picky about it, so long as I am not getting "lol want to erp?" or "lol fuckin n00b rp sux".

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
For the rules/regulations, I can really only say is the rules that show how serious this community is towards it. I really can't explain much else, so I apologize for not having a detailed sentance on that subject.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
As for a story, undecided at the moment because I am not sure if I will even be on here. If I am, my (main) character will likely be nuetral or chaotic nuetral, most likely the warrior class, and most likely some sort of warrior RP wise as well (A warrior story always appeared more fun to me then say a caster or law abiding class like a paladin, they have no "base" story like a paladin or warlock, so it leaves a lot of room to work with).

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
How much "Activity" is needed? I doubt I can RP for 5 hours every night, seeing as this is mostly a "I don't feel like talking to anyone I know on WoW" while still taking part in the Warcraft universe. This does not mean this will not be taken seriously though, if I wanted to joke around, I would just do it on a live realm where there is plenty of trolling and such. If possible, please keep this app private, I am new to this and still feel iffy about it.
Welcome welcome!

If you haven't already, please read our rules, policies, FAQs, and take a gander at our Wiki. I look forward to seeing you on the server and be sure to /join chat upon entering, thank you! If you have any questions feel free to ask here or PM me. I'd be more than glad to help.

We don't have an activity requirement! :3
Nice to be here, I can't log on tonight as back-patching has been made difficult with the new Cata files, so I'll be getting the Wrath client and making a 3rd WoW folder (Already got a 2nd that is the pre-BC client folder).