Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Attempt #2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My second attempt at upgrading the memory in the server computer has arrived! (I love Newegg and its fast shipping ^_^)
[attachment=0]

Unfortunately, due to the age of the motherboard, it can only support a maximum of 8GB. Therefore, I could only go with two extra sticks of 2GB each. Once I get home from work tonight, I'll see about installing it!
Pfft, who uses gskill anymore nub?

Nah I kid. Good choice Kretlol
I'm guessing since you mentioned age you're using DDR2? Still though, eight gigs is pretty nice.
Gogo!
DDR2 indeed! In fact, there wasn't even many choices to peruse that would be compatible with the motherboard, unfortunately.
Yeah, my motherboard takes DDR2 as well. I have four gigs currently, and I'm having a harder time finding RAM compatable as well.

But as you said, Newegg is great... but not just 'cause of shipping! I found an old switch on there the other day that suited my needs for around ten bucks.
Next step: Upgrade your motherboard! Harr harr.
DDR3 is a waste right now imo.
aroes Wrote:DDR3 is a waste right now imo.

How so? The mobo is typically a bit more than one that supports DDR2, and the RAM itself it a tad bit more expensive, but you surely get what you pay for. It's faster and more reliable.

I mean, unless you're content with waiting till it's outdated to implement, heh.