Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Feeling Optimistic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So... I have this skill [Shackle Undead] ID 9484.
The undead would be chained for 50seconds.

There are 2 priest NPCs at the Argent Tournament that have such a skill but it is not timed and it looks like it's channeled.

It would be great if a gm could change my priest's skill to not be limited at 50s or teach me the skill of the NPCs. I could not find out what skill it is but I assume a gm could...

NPCs are Priestess Alorah (ID 36101) and Priest Grimmin (ID 36102).

Also I can asure you it would not be OP ICly because this toon I talk about (approved) is quite powerful - profile on the wiki http://wiki.conquestofthehorde.com/Howard - and he would use it ICly for only a limited time (he needs to eat, drink etc as well).

Oh and in case you wonder why I don't just write it... Well the skill itself could be used ICly on a real mob wich could make the experience better.

Please rply and let me know if you could do it ( and it's not too hard) :D, hugs.
I don't think it's likely.. your priest already has the ability, which is limited by the game mechanics. There's a reason it's limited.
In Game mechanics =/= In Character actions.

Regardless. Best not to assume Shackle Undead is simply permanent until released. They're struggling against it. A minor undead could break free, sure. A Forsaken could probably break loose.
Thanks for the repys. I too think things limited OOCly as spells would be different IC ly.

Also an opinion about the power of this skill would be great too. I have no plans to abuse it since I didn't with the normal skill. But I think... If two normal priests can chain 2 Val'kyrs... It would be ok to chain an average undead for my toon.
I do not believe that the aforementioned priests can be considered "normal," as they are quite a lot more powerful than your average priest, ICly speaking. So it would make sense, to me, that they can chain two Val'Kyr indefinitely, whilst a PC priest ICly can't chain an average undead indefinitely.
Well who could ICly do that? Of course my priest (bishop ICly) will only keep it up for a certain amount of time. He would need to rest, eat, drink. Also if you read his profile on the wiki linked above you will see he is not a weack priest either. I won't pretend he could chain a powerful creature of course but still... I don't intend to make him too weack compared to other priests. (Of course he will be much much weacker then important lore characters though.)
Honestly, your priest doesn't sound more powerful from any other priest to me, and what you suggest isn't possible as those NPCs aren't casting a spell. Their emotestate is set to channeling and the mobs are perma-debuffed.