Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Hurnog Windstrike [Taunka] {Persistant}
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Race of character/NPC: Taunka

Class: Shaman

Height: 8'5"

Weight: 550 lbs

Name of character/NPC: IG: Hurnog; Full: Hurnog Windstrike

Exact modelID requested: Sage Mistwalker ID: 22180

Duration that character will be used: Persistant

Purpose for the character/NPC: Any Northrend RP; possibly Kalimdor as a Neutral Traveller

Location the character/NPC will reside: Northrend; Kalimdor

Level requested: 80; (OOC mobs)

Any special equipment needed: Amberseal Keeper; ID: 17113

Other: Hurnog speaks fluent Orcish and Taur'ahe. He can be found wandering around villages or on the Kalimdor or Northrend plains. If in his Spirit Wolf form, he is most likely travelling farther distances, or simply adventuring.

History: Hurnog was born in the Borean Tundra into a tribe of Taunka. His tribe was a peaceful one, and traded much with the Tuskarr. The tribe was made up of Warrior's, but Hurnog wanted to train to become a Shaman.He always saw other Shaman, running around the plains of the Borean Tundra as a ghostly, wolven apparition. Hurnog really wanted to train as a shaman, but had to venture away, because his tribe had no Elder Shaman.

On his journey, he passed many Tuskarr villages, all of which traded with the Taunka, and provided food and shelter for Hurnog. Hurnog started exchanging furs for food and drink, and ended up staying with the Tuskarr. After many years of journeying, at the age of 62, he found an old campsite, wherein lived a single Taunka male. He was a lone, wandering Shaman, and Hurnog asked if he could join him, and be taught the ways of the Spirits. This Shaman accepted Hurnog, and began to teach Hurnog the harsh life that is of a Taunka Shaman.

They began the training immediately, and progress was imminent. Throughout the training process, Hurnog continued trade with the Tuskarr, and his mentor provided totems and various other materials for practice. After several years of training, Hurnog said farewell to his mentor, and ventured to the West.

When Hurnog was on his journey Westward, he found Horde flags flapping in the wind, and he thought he could trade with someone for food and water. What he found was Warsong Hold, and he was greeted warmly, but at the same time, awkwardly. He met many other Shaman, and they shared their wisdom with one another, although Hurnog was was looked down upon, due to his treatment of the spirits, such as his people.

After a few months at the Hold, Hurnog decided to venture to the land known to him as Kalimdor, so he boarded a Zeppelin, and went on his voyage to the Tauren homeland. He now adventures in Kalimdor and Northrend, learning new things about the Shaman, and the Horde. However, Hurnog considers himself Neutral, and in his mind, his only true allies are the Tuskarr and the friends he meets on his journeys.
Alriiiight.

First, there are no Taunka Druids, I believe. All Tauren (and, to a degree, Taunka) were once Druids, but that practice was lost way before the Sundering came.

Second: The Orcs of Warsong hold only got there around last year. Therefore, he could not have been associated with the Horde, so the Tuskarr would not have feared him. Fel, they would have traded with him.

Third: How would he even know what a Druid of the Talon is?

Fourth: Why would his tribe let him leave if he wasn't even an adult?

Five: Taunka'le was already evacuated by the time the Horde got there. One quest, in Dragonblight, has you watch the Taunka be inducted into the Horde after taking Taunka'le back, so yea.
1) Changed Druid to Shaman
2) Edited Warsong to more recent
3) See number 1
4) Changed age at which he left tribe
5) Edited Taunka'le

Thanks for the help!
Well, if there were Shaman in his tribe, why would he leave? Also, there, essentially, were no enemies for Shaman to spy on.
DisplayID = 22180 for Sage Mistalker.
FlyingSquirrel Wrote:Well, if there were Shaman in his tribe, why would he leave? Also, there, essentially, were no enemies for Shaman to spy on.
Ok, edited that part.
BountyHunter Wrote:DisplayID = 22180 for Sage Mistalker.
Thank you very much! I could never figure out where exactly the number was, so I used the one in the URL.
Why are you making a custom ID taunka to waste your time in spirit wolf form?
Oh...sorry 'bout that, forgot to change that.
GeneralDefyre Wrote:History:

1. Hurnog was born in the Borean Tundra into a spiritual tribe of Taunka. His tribe was a peaceful one, and traded much with the Tuskarr. The tribe was made up of Warrior's, but Hurnog wanted to train to become a Shaman.He always saw Tauren Shaman, running around the plains of the Borean Tundra as a ghostly, wolven apparition. Hurnog really wanted to become a shaman, and seeing as his tribe had no living Elder's, he ventured away from the tribe once he reached adulthood.

On his journey, he passed many Tuskarr villages, all of which traded with the Taunka, and provided food and shelter for Hurnog. Hurnog started exchanging furs for food and drink, and ended up staying with the Tuskarr. After many years of journeying, at the age of 62, he found an old campsite, wherein lived a single Tauren male. He was a lone, wandering Shaman, and Hurnog asked if he could join him, and be taught the ways of the Spirits.

They began the training immediately, and progress was imminent. Throughout the training process, Hurnog continued trade with the Tuskarr, and his mentor provided totems and various other materials for practice. After several years of training, Hurnog said farewell to his mentor, and ventured to the West.

When Hurnog was on his journey Westward, he found Horde flags flapping in the wind, and he thought he could trade with someone for food and water. What he found was Warsong Hold, and he was greeted warmly, but at the same time, awkwardly. He met many other Shaman, and they shared their wisdom with one another.

After a few months at the Hold, Hurnog decided to venture to the land known to him as Kalimdor, so he boarded a Zeppelin, and went on his voyage to the Tauren homeland. He now ventures in Kalimdor and Northrend, learning new things about the Shaman, and the Horde. However, Hurnog considers himself Neutral.

This history is a mess for a Taunka and contradicts greatly with what is known about them. Firstly, he wouldn't be seeing Tauren running around in ghost wolf form. The Taunka are a new discovery. If he wanted to be a shaman, he probably would've begun his training earlier. Taunka don't have shaman. They do, but they're completely. Different. They force nature to their will, a Taunka would never take training from a Tauren, because their idealism is entirely different. You will not find Tauren living in Northrend.

Hopefully Helpful,

Your friendly neighborhood spiderman doomguard Astus evil zombie necromancer.
Aphetoros Wrote:
GeneralDefyre Wrote:History:

1. Hurnog was born in the Borean Tundra into a spiritual tribe of Taunka. His tribe was a peaceful one, and traded much with the Tuskarr. The tribe was made up of Warrior's, but Hurnog wanted to train to become a Shaman.He always saw Tauren Shaman, running around the plains of the Borean Tundra as a ghostly, wolven apparition. Hurnog really wanted to become a shaman, and seeing as his tribe had no living Elder's, he ventured away from the tribe once he reached adulthood.

On his journey, he passed many Tuskarr villages, all of which traded with the Taunka, and provided food and shelter for Hurnog. Hurnog started exchanging furs for food and drink, and ended up staying with the Tuskarr. After many years of journeying, at the age of 62, he found an old campsite, wherein lived a single Tauren male. He was a lone, wandering Shaman, and Hurnog asked if he could join him, and be taught the ways of the Spirits.

When Hurnog was on his journey Westward, he found Horde flags flapping in the wind, and he thought he could trade with someone for food and water. What he found was Warsong Hold, and he was greeted warmly, but at the same time, awkwardly. He met many other Shaman, and they shared their wisdom with one another.

After a few months at the Hold, Hurnog decided to venture to the land known to him as Kalimdor, so he boarded a Zeppelin, and went on his voyage to the Tauren homeland. He now ventures in Kalimdor and Northrend, learning new things about the Shaman, and the Horde. However, Hurnog considers himself Neutral.

This history is a mess for a Taunka and contradicts greatly with what is known about them. Firstly, he wouldn't be seeing Tauren running around in ghost wolf form. The Taunka are a new discovery. If he wanted to be a shaman, he probably would've begun his training earlier. Taunka don't have shaman. They do, but they're completely. Different. They force nature to their will, a Taunka would never take training from a Tauren, because their idealism is entirely different. You will not find Tauren living in Northrend.

Hopefully Helpful,

Your friendly neighborhood spiderman doomguard Astus evil zombie necromancer.

Trufax. Taunka, instead of worshiping the Elements and such, are more forceful in their requests. They make the Elements do what they need, whilst Tauren are the opposite.
Ok thank you guys so much! I have changed the Tauren part, and I don't see in the story anything about how they used the spirits so that could be implied? I have also changed the reason he left.
Also, the Taunka aren't buddy buddy with the spirits. Which is why Hurnog's situation with learning to respect them is odd.

"This tenacious, stoic race knows all too well the rigors of living in the harsh and often deadly wastes of Northrend. Over time, the taunka—whom many believe to be ancestral cousins of the tauren—have adapted, but only by forcing the land and the elements to yield to their will. The taunka's relationship with nature, unlike that of their tauren brethren, has been one of constant struggle and grim perseverance.

Although the taunka may seem dour or even cold to outsiders, those who come to know them will soon recognize an embattled race of survivors characterized by colossal hearts and unshakable resolve. "

"They, like their distant cousins the tauren, are involved with the spirits of the land, though after living for so long in such a harsh environment as Northrend they tend to bully the elements rather than ask them to keep their region inhabitable.
From the official World of Warcraft Community Site World of Warcraft Community Site Wrath of the Lich King—Bestiary:"

GeneralDefyre Wrote:This Shaman accepted Hurnog, and was unique in that he was similar to the present-day Tauren. He worshiped the spirits, unlike other Taunka who forced their will.

He met many other Shaman, and they shared their wisdom with one another, although Hurnog was looked down upon for forcing the spirits will, instead of making peace with them.

GeneralDefyre Wrote:He met many other Shaman, and they shared their wisdom with one another, although Hurnog was looked down upon for forcing the spirits will, instead of making peace with them.

Contradiction!
I noted that Aphetoros, and I changed it to make more sense. I guess I accidently put in he wasn't like others, then contradicted that... Sorry 'bout that.
Also, about Hurnog's situation being 'odd', I felt it was boring to make him follow every single rule of his race. Kinda like when someone makes a Sin'Dorei who doesn't approve of the Blood Knights, or the mana hunger the race has.
GeneralDefyre Wrote:Also, about Hurnog's situation being 'odd', I felt it was boring to make him follow every single rule of his race.

You're wanting to play a Taunka. Aren't those special enough?
Well..yes I suppose, but this is a model change to a common race, similar to Tauren. If I was asking for something like a dragon beast thing, I understand it being special enough already. But, in this case, I feel just playing a normal Taunka would get boring pretty fast, seeing as there are no differences between Tauren and Taunka, other than the head model change, and the way they 'use' the spirits.
Pages: 1 2