Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: A most unusual problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Right, so the thing is:
I went a little time ago, about three months, on Cataclysm - some poor servers, very bad actually. Anyway, after some time I got bored of the same bugs over and over and decided to come back until things settle. So I google'd and got a torrent with WoW already installed on 3.3.5a. All went good, it came pretty fast, got my addons back, all the little things.
"Okay, let's play!" I said. Right? Wrong! For some reason, my FPS is extremely low, like 16 if I don't move and around 5 if I start doing *anything*! And I'm not even in some big city. Right now, Davon is in Darkshire.

So, long story made short: WoW all maxed up worked perfectly before, went to Cataclysm for some weeks, came back, WoW FPS extremely low (oh, and did I mention now it's all on low at graphics? still the same problem)

That's about it. So, can anyone tell me what the hell is going on and what could I do ? I'm kinda really confused! Cry

PS. I'm playing all the new games, even the ones that appeared in 2011, like Dead Space 2. Everything maxed up and works great. Just WoW works so crappy. :x
Best if you manually install each patch, thats what I did and it worked great ^^
It is most likely a problem with the torrent itself, I don't know why else.
Yeah, whatever, ignore the previus post that maybe you didn't even notice, I'm gonna get another torrent. :roll:

Will keep in touch.LOL

Besides that, can anyone, I don't know, enter my yahoo messenger address and send me the old GearScore and QuestHelper? From some reason, the new GearScore doesn't work and QuestHelper doesn't work if I don't install it with Curse Client (which I can't install). :shock:

Thanks in advance. :D

<!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]][email protected]</a><!-- e -->. Wicked name, I know. :mrgreen:
I would suggest degragmenting your drives.
Windows 7 Ultimate
Processor: AMD Athlon II X2 245 Processor 2.90 GHz
RAM: 2.00 GB
System type: 32-bit OS

hmm, what else ?

or maybe I don't understand the word "defragment" ? >_>
Processor is meh, needs moar ram and 64 bit OS.
aroes Wrote:Processor is meh, needs moar ram and 64 bit OS.

Watch out with 64 bit operating systems, not everything in your computer may support it. I know half of mine does not, and therefore can not run properly on a 64 bit operating system.

De-fragmenting your hard drives, also known as Defrag simply put, relocates the empty bits of hard disk space and puts them all together, so that the filled ones are closer located to another and easier to read. (Forgive me if I'm wrong here.)

On windows 7, it should be a button under your "Programs" category in the start menu. It's called "Disk Defragmenter", and may take several hours to actually be completed, but usually speeds up your computer. Usually, not always.

Perhaps it's.. a over-heating graphic card? But I don't see that happening real soon to a average computer, unless you play with a thirty degrees plus environment. (Mine burned out during a hot summer after several hours.. Pain. )
Well the overheating part just cannot be true. In this room, there are less then 20 degrees Celsius. Even more, the floor is practically "staying" on the block of flats's ("mansion"? not sure how to say it >_<) staircase, so it's very cold. Like I wear double socks to keep my feet temperature normal.

Yeah, it's Romania...

And, since all the other 'new' games work perfectly normal on maxed up settings, why should the problem with space and defragmentation be even possible ?
Confused!!!
If all the other games work out fine, I would join side with Bountyhunter and blame it on a corrupt installation. :3

If not.. I'm clueless. ^.~
Ok, guys, everything's alright now. I just took another torrent with already-installed WoW on 3.5.5a and it works perfect.

Thanks for all your help!

PS. Should I make another Topic about the addon problem(s) that I've written about up (and copied it down here again) ?

Quote:Besides that, can anyone, I don't know, enter my yahoo messenger address and send me the old GearScore and QuestHelper? From some reason, the new GearScore doesn't work and QuestHelper doesn't work if I don't install it with Curse Client (which I can't install). :shock:

Thanks in advance. LOL

<!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]][email protected]</a><!-- e -->. Wicked name, I know. :mrgreen:
Hmm, I'd download a program like RealTemp and use it to see what your cpu temperature is. On a stock comp I'm not exactly sure how hot it will run, up to 50C you should be fine.
I said "problem solved". XD