Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Assassins: The Event
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Well, this is an event I hope to run in the next week or so, maybe longer if things take a long time to get going. The general idea is based around the premise of the university college/campus game called assassins, or mafia, or on the little known steam game "The Ship". The basic premise, is that you get together a large group, each is given a photograph and the name of one other person in the group, and the aim is to assassinate your target, before you yourself are assassinated. When you assassinate someone, you take the photograph of their target, and this becomes your new target. this continues until only one assassin is left standing, and they are declared the winner.

It is a fantastically fun game, and it is fairly easy, with a few permission tweaks and special rules, to adjust this game to work within a CotH setting, so here are all the details.

[Image: daggerb.jpg]

"My name is Agro Fairfax, and I am a man of simple pleasures.

I love good drink, good food, good company, and most of all, good sport. All the various races of this world have their own mundane view of what is a sport, yet all share one sport, that is rarely publicised or glorified. That of the subtle, and beautiful game played by assassins. It is an elegant ballet of skill and wit, of which the stakes could not be higher, and to my mind no other sport can match it. So, assassin, I have a proposal for you. I am assembling a group of fellows just like yourself, and you shall all compete in a glorious competition, stretching your wits and skills to the limit. There will only be one left standing by the end, but they shall be rewarded greatly. 250 gold, and the honour of wielding the golden blade of my house, and with it, may you continue the game how you will.

Of course, if you are scared of getting hurt...there is the door...

If not, let me explain how we will play..."

Details:

When the game begins, it will start with an event. In this event, the details will be explained IC, and you will be given your targets. You will receive your target by forum PM, with the character name and a picture. After this, there will be a half an hour reprive in which you can set your affairs in order, and get out of the building, before the game officially begins ,and you may start hunting your targets.

Rules:
Your character must be a rogue, must be a new alt, and must only be level 5 or below. This is to ensure that a level 80 character cannot simply be totally invisible while in stealth, and cannot move at a much faster pace while stealthed.

Stealth -is- permitted. It is, in fact, the only way one can make a kill in this game, to get behind a person in stealth unseen, and to make your kill emote. However, you may only enter stealth while out of sight of others, and you may only use it when you know where your target is, you cannot use it to stay hidden and avoid your own assassination, or simply for fun. Stealth must have an IC reasoning however. Maybe your character is a gnome with a penchant for invisibility generators, maybe you are a troll who has mastered the ability to bend mysticism to your will to cloak yourself. If you cant think of a reason, an invisibility generator will be supplied at the first meeting to facilitate you.

You may only kill your target. You may not kill another player if you think they are after you, or even if they make a failed attempt at your life.However, in this situation, you would still be given the advantage of knowing who is after you.

You may not kill, harm, or have other characters not involved in the game help you assassinate someone. Telling anyone outside the game about the game IC, is punishable by death. Agro likes his secrets. However, if you can convince another assassin who is playing to help you, feel free, but realise, they might have you as their target, and use it to their advantage. You might also find your little helper, -is- your next target, so be aware.

On this note, you may -tell- another assassin who your target is, but you may not, punishable by death, provide evidence to your claim by, for example, showing them the photograph of your target. This adds another layer of fun, can you deceive another player into helping you, or walking right into your trap?

No metagaming. I can't stress this enough, as metagaming just sucks all the fun out of a game like this.

You -may- use the "Who" function to find out the -zone- of another player/target. You will be supplied with an electronic map, that will cover this IC, but it will only stretch so far as the region of the other player. You may not invite them to party just to find out where they are, for example.

How to make a kill:

Making a kill is fairly simple, but is also open to abuse. To avoid abuse of this, follow this simple system:

1. Write out your emote beforehand. You want to be able to get in, emote, and then emote your escape quickly. If you have to pause to write out an emote, your target can move away, or spot you, in a way that is possible IC, simply because you had to pause. Write out your emote, get behind your target, then unleash your attack on your unsuspecting victim. If you didn't emote in time, unfortunately it means you acted too slowly, and as such you should not direct your frustration at your target for not playing along to their death

2. Know that your target is entirely within their rights to spot you. If they do, and have time to launch an emote, or a /say query at you, you must de-stealth, and emote some kind of excuse.
if you get your kill emote out before they react, then the assassination is a success, even if they turn to face you. You just stab them in the stomach instead.

Assassinations will come in 3 part emotes. The kill emote, the death emote, and the escape emote. A good example would be.

John the assassin approaches behind Claire the assassin. As she raises her glass to her lips, John neatly brings the blade across her throat. "Goodnight." he whispers slyly in her ear.

Claire the assassin lets out a choking gasp, before dropping to the ground.

John the assassin quickly gathers his next target's photograph from the woman's body, before ducking out of sight. Before a crowd can gather, he throws an inconspicious robe over his leather sneaking outfit, pulls up his hood, and makes his way into the next room, de-stealthing as he does so.

There are a small number of rules behind a kill. The victim may not reveal the identity of the person who has killed them, such as Claire shouting “Damn you John!” before passing away. This would ruin some of the IC drama. You may not assassinate someone with a ranged weapon from a distance, you must be directly facing the victim's back. If you are successful in killing someone, you must vacate the area immediately, else there may be characters IC who are entirely within their right to accuse you, and summon guards, if you stick around to gloat, and such. If you continue to stick around needlessly after your “escape emote”, then their will be IC consequences, almost certainly resulting in your characters death, at which point you will be considered out of the game, and other players will be OOC notified of this, and their targets adjusted accordingly if necessary. No character warning are necessary for assassinations, nor is any other warning, IC or OOC. This is to prevent metagaming, or characters suddenly becoming "on edge" after a warning from a player.

If you wish to take part in this game, you will need to leave a post detailing: (Filled in my be as an example)

Player Name: Miah

Character name: Agro Fairfax

Character Age: 56

Character race: Human

Character gender: Male

Basic appearance: Tall, well built, tanned, with greying hair and a prominent moustache. Looks aged beyond his years, though physically in good shape. Has a strong smell of cigars about him, and looks like a man who lives purely for himself, rarely een without cigars or a glass of wine, usually seen in a white finely made suit.

Screenshot: (For identification)

[Image: rszscreenshot0307111428.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Positions taken:

- Delta

Spoiler:
Player name: Delta

Character name: Zazeel

Character race: Troll

Character age: 48

Character gender: Female

Basic Appearance: A tattered-looking woman in clothes that don't necessarily suit her appearance. She's a little haggard with age and is generally clad in hardened leathered armour. She carries a twin set of daggers and notably wears an eye patch over the left eye, beneath which is a large patch of scar tissue discernibly from a severe burn.

[Image: 2u5ak5h.png]

- Heitrusan

Spoiler:
Character name: Manth Lidane

Character Age: 43

Basic appearance: He looks like your average man. Normal in height, a little skinnier than normal, and not very built. He wears a Dress suit along with a nice pair of shoes. He carries along with him a pocket watch that hangs from his pants. He carries a book, and within his right glove is a claw that comes out when needed.

Screenshot [Image: wowscrnshot030711133119.jpg]

- ForsakenSoul

Spoiler:
Character name: Yurick Glengorn

Character Age: 46 (died at 39)

Character race: Human Forsaken

Basic appearance: He seems to have been tall and slim, and otherwise well built during his life time.The resurrection wasn't kind to him, he has several braids sticking out of his skull, some of which have grown into his skull, and one hangs over his face stuck in his left cheek. He has several holes and deep scars across his face, and is missing an eye. His attire seems rather messy and sloppy, giving out his generally uncaring personality.

Screenshot: [Image: yurickglengorn.jpg]

- Spiralin

Spoiler:
Character name: Naggern Thickflick

Character Age: 129

Character race: Dwarf

Basic appearance: He's a bit on the large size, bulging muscles, with a veiny forehead. His cowl does away with most seen things on his head, other then his face. His mace hangs at his side, metal spikes protruding out of the hammer. His nails have a bit of dirt under them, his hands are quite dirty actually. It would look as if he hadn't washed them for a bit more then three days.

Screenshot: [Image: DwarfAssassin-1.jpg]

- Spark

Spoiler:
Spark

Character name: Donty Ludoc

Character race: Gnome

Character age: 110

Basic Appearance: Donty is slightly shorter than the average gnome, he has short black hair and purple eyes. His smile reveals some missing teeth, the others yellowed. His clothing is of fairly poor quality, very thin leather vest and trousers with a bright red overshirt and some tatty boots. His belt however has a large gold ( or at least looks gold ) buckle. He has two daggers on him, one a long curved blade designed for quick combat, the other a stileto of simple steel.

[Image: file.php?id=1816]

- Holycowman

Player Name: Holycowman

Spoiler:
Character name: Erzan

Character Age: 27

Basic appearance: Well dressed for a troll. Has a few scars here and there, with messy white dreadlocks. Generally has a dagger at his belt.

Screenshot: [Image: file.php?id=1813&t=1]

- JackofBlades

Spoiler:
Character name: Bael

Character Age: 30

Character race: Orc

Basic appearance: Bael is an average sized orc who does not carry the extreme strength look the other Orcs do, his muscles are slightly smaller but he carries a sort of agile presence in his walk. He is messy and rarely cleans himself up, preferring to hide in the shadows and watch everybody else than talk. On his head rests a black wolf mask he refuses to take off, he lacks a shirt but wears hardened and overused leggings with boots and gloves. On his belt rests an incredibly savage (and somewhat crooked) looking axe. In general, he looks savage.

Screenshot: (Pending)

- Jeff

Spoiler:
Character name: Alrodo Surebreeze

Character Age: 132

Character race: Blood Elf

Basic appearance: In his eyes, he is the most beautiful man alive. He is known to carry a mirror with him, and will wear a mask before he commits acts of violence to prevent people from damaging his beautiful, make-up clad, face. He holds a powerful, but flexible figure and is quite tall for a Blood Elf, but his arms and legs make him appear sort of apeishly lanky.

Screenshot: [Image: notvega.jpg]

-Kirabo

Spoiler:
Player Name: Kirabo

Character name: Flink Powderblade

Character Age: 51

Character race: Gnome

Basic appearance: Flink's tan is quite darker than the usual Gnomish tan, and besides that his hair is charcoal black. He is bald, but has a long beard from his right to his left ear. A small quiver is hidden under his forearm, filled with poison needles (senbons). He wears a jacket over a red jumper, and cloth boots
[Image: wowscrnshot030911150500.jpg]

-Binkleheimer

(Pending Character Info)

-Cookie

Spoiler:
Character name: Harimus Narmotes

Character Age: 34

Character race: Human (Gilnean)

Basic appearance: Harimus is a slender and medium-sized human. He has tanned skin, green eyes and brown hair, styled into a ponytail. He usually wears an expensive looking suit. Arround him, a smell of expensive perfume can be smelled. He usually smiles, showing his perfectly white teeth. No weapons are seen on him, because his flintlock pistol ( http://www.piratemerch.com/images/engli ... 7-1114.jpg ) , is hidden under his jacket, and loaded with a 15mm lead ball, and his stileto is hidden in his boot.
Overall, he looks very gentelman-ish.

Photo:
[Image: Harimus.jpg]

Any further questions can be messaged to me by PM, or posted here. It would be great to get a GM's involvement or backing behind this, just in case, and to approve the special rules regarding the event. To clarify, IC stealth, and other such things, only apply to the characters in the event, for the duration of the event, it does not give you the abilities for later use.

PPS. I would love to see a great mix of rookie assassins, veteran assassins, and such. It will give the event far more flair to see a range of ages, genders, races and appearances, rather than generic brooding and dark hooded elven assassins ;)

PPPS. There will only be one survivor. And that surviver will likely be a character that is developed and honed by the end of the game, so maybe the survivor can make a great character out of it :)
Like the idea, I look forward to seeing the survivor character.
Perhaps it would be better if assassins and their players didn't knew who are the other assassins in the game? It would add an other layer of secrecy and further prevent metagaming. Other then that I like the idea, and would like to participate.
Tis an option to consider. Once I start getting applicants, ill decide with the group how they want it done. also, if people want to reserve slots, to get screenshots and write up later, thats ok with me.
Seems like a sweet event. I'd wish that I could Coriv included(finally getting use of his assassin prestige) but unfortunelately, the rules doesn't allow him to. :)

I'll perhaps roll an alt for this.
Player Name: Heitrusan

Character name: Manth Lidane

Character Age: 43

Basic appearance: He looks like your average man. Normal in height, a little skinnier than normal, and not very built. He wears a Dress suit along with a nice pair of shoes. He carries along with him a pocket watch that hangs from his pants. He carries a book, and within his right glove is a claw that comes out when needed.

Warning : Image is a tiny bit big.

Screenshot:
Spoiler:
[Image: wowscrnshot030711133119.jpg]
Sadly, to make it fair, the only way for Coriv to get involved would to be to make a level 5 or lower "clone" of him. Though are you sure you want a developed character in, with a 9 out of 10 chance they will die?
Sounds interesting, would very much like to get involved :)
Player Name: ForsakenSoul

Character name: Yurick Glengorn

Character Age: 46 (died at 39)

Character race: Human Forsaken

Basic appearance: He seems to have been tall and slim, and otherwise well built during his life time.The resurrection wasn't kind to him, he has several braids sticking out of his skull, some of which have grown into his skull, and one hangs over his face stuck in his left cheek. He has several holes and deep scars across his face, and is missing an eye. His attire seems rather messy and sloppy, giving out his generally uncaring personality.

Screenshot:

[Image: yurickglengorn.jpg]
Reserve me a spot please! I plan to create a post detailing my character's info asap, I'm hindered at the moment. But would really like to take part in this. I'll have something up by 6PM servertime, most-likely sooner.
Player Name: Holycowman

Character name: Erzan

Character Age: 27

Basic appearance: Well dressed for a troll. Has a few scars here and there, with messy white dreadlocks. Generally has a dagger at his belt.
Player Name: Spiralin

Character name: Naggern Thickflick

Character Age: 129

Character race: Dwarf

Basic appearance: He's a bit on the large size, bulging muscles, with a veiny forehead. His cowl does away with most seen things on his head, other then his face. His mace hangs at his side, metal spikes protruding out of the hammer. His nails have a bit of dirt under them, his hands are quite dirty actually. It would look as if he hadn't washed them for a bit more then three days.

Screenshot:

[Image: DwarfAssassin-1.jpg]
So, can we kill, in towns.....?
RESSEEERRRRRVE, busy
What happens if you kill a target who had you as their target? Do you gotta kill yourself?
Pages: 1 2 3 4