Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Suicide? Naw.... [RC]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It had been a week and two days exactly, since the 'accidental' explosion on the road out of Booty Bay. Aranthios Deirabin, friend of the deceased Vellin, carried all that was left of the body: The Head. Aranthios, approached by his rarely seen brother, was still on the lookout for paladins, and he found one. A Blood Knight named Sanin. They spoke about ressurecting Vellin, and before he knew it, his head was re-growing it's body on a bed in the Bay. Light grew out from his skull, forming shoulders, then arms, then suddenly, he ankles were there and it was almost over. Sanin collapsed to the ground as Aranthios flicked a gold coin to him, tired from the deed. A scream of bloody murder could be hear all across Booty Bay, "I'M BACK~" Vellin screamed. He remembered to thank his ressurector and he sat for a litte before stumbling out to go cause more trouble.

Ressurector:
Sanin

Killer:
Technically himself... But not really. It was Hilts and Krel

Temporary Drawbacks:
Trouble breathing
Random. Maniacal. Laughter.
Scared of druids

Drawbacks:
Feels like he needs to hug explosives from time to time
Will suddenly move for his blades around wolves
Has the urge to kill paladins that he will voice.
Your drawbacks don't seem that...draw...backed.
... Though I can see how hugging explosives is a draw back, Jack has a point.
JackofBlades Wrote:Your drawbacks don't seem that...draw...backed.

That. I view "fear of" as a cop-out drawback, when the person doesn't want to think of a real, tangible, visible drawback. This doesn't mean scarring, either. I mean that, if all but his head was gone, his nervous system, post rezz, should be trashed. Movement should be nearly impossible for some time, while his body reestablishes its neural connection to his brain. -That,- in my opinion, is a viable drawback, for the circumstances.
Agreed with above posts. For being someone who died through being blown to pieces, from how you make it sound, he has surprisingly mild drawbacks.

Might I suggest impairments to his motor skills? Slowed reaction time? Considering his whole nerve system was probably burnt to crisp and had to be completely rebuilt. The more of your body that was destroyed when you died, the more your body will "ache" when it's restored. Especially since you only have one resurrector.
Not to mention, how would you generate someone's head and body out of nowhere? He was blown to pieces.
I might've got you wrong, tell me if I misunderstood.
Kabluie Wrote:Not to mention, how would you generate someone's head and body out of nowhere? He was blown to pieces.
I might've got you wrong, tell me if I misunderstood.

This is actually possible through resurrection since it's entirely possible to resurrect someone from their pinky finger.

However, this makes the resurrection so much harder. And then, resurrection was already pretty dang difficult to begin with!
I guess, but how the hell would they find him? If it was public, you wouldn't be blowing people up.
From what I read, everyone is able to ressurect at least one, no matter how they died, how hard it is to find the body pieces, and whatnot. Apparently a long while back there was a problem with people trying their hardest to make it so others "Couldn't come back". It's a way to give everyone their one res, no matter what.

But I do agree with the other posts here. Drawbacks are things that actually physically or mentally affect your character, and these seem pretty light.