Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: I'm torn here.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I wasn't sure if I needed to post this in the In Character forum or in off topic. It's an off topic question, but the answer to this question influences my IC actions on a character. Meh well, on to the question.

A character of mine has died for his third time, and I intended to keep him dead. I've said multiple times that he's dead permanently, and made multiple IC posts saying the same thing. But a friend of mine has been saying I should ressurect him. I always enjoyed RP on this character, and it was a pretty quickly made choice to keep him dead. But I'm afraid of going back on my word. And I happen to have uninstalled WoW, but that's a minor problem for now. It's just that as much as I KNOW I want to RP him again, I don't want to just take back everything I said.

Just give me some advice. Leave him dead, for bring him back?
Once a character has died three times, when they come back, they would be bed ridden for mostly the rest of their life. They'd be incredibly weak and couldn't possible fight successfully any more. One resurrection is something but three is too damaging to the person's soul and body.

If you wish to play him like that, feel free, but I would recommend you don't, sometimes characters are better off dead, it makes them legends within history (Kind of).
I understand that, I had thought over how it would be. I considered having him completely immobile for a few weeks, to a month or two and then be left with a completely paralyzed limb. And as extra reason to stay dead, only person he ICly cared about sort of...blew her brains out. I don't feel like RPing a crippled, sad and lonely person. But Ju-...I mean my friend, keeps begging me to rez him.
If your friend is the only thing which is making you resurrect him, then you shouldn't do it.
BountyHunter Wrote:If your friend is the only thing which is making you resurrect him, then you shouldn't do it.

Aye, don't give into peer pressure! Thats how you become a druggy >>
Well, like I said before, I really do enjoy RPing him. I can think out many different things he could do or end up as. Like the title of the thread says, I'm torn. When I'm torn like this, I turn to other people to figure it out FOR me. And I don't think my friend is...impartial.
I loved RPing Silesta, and she only died once, but I never brought her back. I'm don't like the idea of ressing unless its for a very very very good reason, which is again why I hate the CotH system due to getting ressed means you are little better than a pancake, which has no evidence in lore to back it up. SO.. you are better off leaving your character dead and making a new one.

Silesta had also just been approved, when she died. So I was kinda bummed out.. But it's better that way!
Another point I might add, I'd be so pissed off if I killed my worse enemy only for him to not want to let go of his character and a week later he magically pops up again. BLAH! It's retarded, no seriously, it's stupid. Even Uther wasn't ressurected! Even the King who was killed by the Draenei/Orc twilight assassin, wasn't brought back to life.

I think ressurections are only there for game mechs, apart from that in the lore, when people die they die. And that's what makes it fun, and risky. A Character Warning means you might lose your character, but they also get the equal chance of losing one too.

And it would be silly for all that tension to then be wasted by the fact some random dude is going to waste so much energy and almost kill him self to bring you back to life.
DON'T DO DRUGS DUDE

Spoiler:
In other words, no peer pressure.
Quote:Don't do drugs!

Don't do drugs, huh?

Are you holding coffe!? We said don't do drugs! Put down that apple, it contains caffine. I know your ill but medication is drugs! Nope, no tea! Don't eat that mint! That pasta contains basil! Put the coconut down, now! It's a poppy flower, stay clear! Leave that willow tree alone. Don't take any nut meg! Wait, my own brain is making DMT by it's self! ARGH!!!

No that's silly, DO DRUGS! But don't get addicted or do anything which will get you into prison or anything which will harm your health. ARGH that means don't breath near a road!

I'm just kiddin man.

Peace.
I don't think this is the place to debate/complain about the fact that characters can get resurrections. We may be lore-heavy, but we're also supposed to have fun and rp, even if that means getting to bring back our favorite characters.

On a side note, I would weigh both the OOC and IC implications of resurrecting your character. Does the character have a will to live? Does the spirit want to live again? The spirit can refuse being resurrected, especially if it wants to stay at peace.

Perhaps you can find a reason for your character to regain his will to live, and find the people to help. ICly it'd make sense for him to stay dead. OOCly he's your character and it's your call to revive him. If you think it'll be fun to rp him again I'd say figure out how to bring him back and go for it.
Every time a character of mine has died, and I've ressurected them, I've told what they saw while dead in the rez post. I decided to write one up for this death, but just to tell what he saw, not to rez him. In this post, his soul did willingly fade away. And he did say he felt happy. I can think of a few reasons he'd want to live again, but I can't really think of any way he'd KNOW about any of these. One of the reasons is that a friend of his is in SERIOUS danger. I don't mean directly, his friend doesn't even know it, but he is. If he knew about it, he'd be willing to come back. But unless it's possible to somehow talk to a soul, there's no way he'd know...unless you go by the whole "when we die, we become angels" thing. But I don't think that applies to WoW. Ugh! I ramble too much.

Completely unrelated comment: Wuvvuums, awesome animation!
If he's passed on, there's no way to come back. Willingly passing on is similar to committing suicide/dieing of old age. Can't be rezzed.
Oh, ok then. So, problem solved? He can't come back. Awesome, now I may be able to focus on actually RPing some of my OTHER chars.
I believe so.
Pages: 1 2 3