Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: No rest for the...mercenary?[RC]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A simple thud was all that is body made as it hit the ground. Just a stab wound in his chest, nothing flashy. A small fight continued as he slowly bled out on the dirt path just outside Booty Bay. As this fight had ended, a battle of much less...size, was being waged inside his body. A battle for a place to stay. His soul was leaving his body, something that hadn't really happened to him in either of his previous deaths. The world became grey and he hovered slightly above the ground, looking over his body. He hadn't put up much of a fight to stay in, as he wasn't expecting it to happen. During his "vision" in death, his body was taken off by a caring citizen who wanted to give him a proper burial. ((To see said "vision", visit "I Fade Away" in the In Character Forum.)) His body was given to a close friend of his. This friend kept the body safe in an underground bunker of sorts. Months had passed until one day, conditions had finally been met. It was time for a ressurection.

The friend had gathered together five Blood Knights, two Shamans and three Priests to preform this difficult task. He even retrieved a sword the deceased had been fond of for good measure. As the ressurection began, the difficulty was beyond what they expected. At first, only the Blood Knights had been trying. Soon they grew exhausted and the Priests had to help. After half an hour, the Shamans joined in. Another twenty minutes had passed before, finally, he awoke. Each eyelid slowly opened and his fingers twitched lightly. Rather abruptly though, he let out a howl of pain. His entire body felt as if it was on fire. Forcing a soul back into a body was apparently quite the task. Even his screams caused nothing but more pain. He thrashed around on the bed he had been laying in and each Blood Knights had to hold him down to stop him from hurting himself. Slowly yet steadily, he calmed down. The pain still very real and present, he was simply quelling it. Each of the ressurectors left the room and collected their pay from the friend who had gathered them.

He sat up in the bed, grinding his teeth in pain and frustration. The friend came to his side and offered calming words and advice. They talked for some time, until eventually he asked his friend a question. "Why? Why go through all this? Why bring me back?". To this, the friend answered bluntly and without hesitation "You are not done here yet.". After this, the friend left the room and allowed him some time to rest. After all, he was immobile. He'd probably stay that way for a few days at the very least. Another month at most. He lowered himself back into a laying position and thought over everything that his friend had told him. Quite a bit had happened in the months he had been "away" and he had some serious catching up to do.

Killer: I forget her name. A Blood Elf woman, and a Forsaken woman. The Belf was a little eccentric. If she sees this, you know who you are.

Ressurector: Hired ressurectors. Hired -by- Kerok Granitetusk.

Repairable Drawbacks(Can be fixed through training of some kind or another.): Loss of Light powers. Short Term memory Loss.

Short Term Drawbacks: Complete loss of movement from waste down. Major pains from neck down. Terrible eyesight. Minor hearing loss. Frail body. Bones weak enough to be broken by a normal person.

Long Term Drawbacks: Minor slurr of speech. Minor eyesight problems. Slowed movements. Minor chest and leg pains. Weak bones. And because I want something mental thrown in there, repeating dream of death and lost a few of his more basic Paladin morals.

Permanent Drawbacks: Weaker bones. Bad night vision. Loss of movement from shoulder down in left arm. Left leg still weak, forced to carry a cane. Permanent scar in the center of his chest, and black burn wound on his left shoulder. Skin on burn wound is very frail, could be ripped off if some one tried to.

((And a note down here. I assumed most of you know who this is, but in the RARE case you don't his name is Keak Vallian.))
While I think his drawbacks are sufficient, I believe you already gave him slurred speech as a drawback from a prior resurrection. I don't think a speech slur is really a draw back, much less one that would happen to him twice.
Alright, I'll take that out and add something a little more harsh. After I fix that, it's off to the numerous internet guides for getting WoW reinstalled and patched up correctly. First time I did it, I just banged my face on the keyboard for a few hours.
Keak...is back?!
Quote:Short Term Drawbacks: Complete loss of movement from waste down.

Typo. I laughed.

However.. If Krian finds out that those five Blood Knights helped rez'd a human..

For coin?

/crackles knuckles.
Yar. Keak be back.

Oh, and Krian won't find out. When I use the term Blood Knight, I refer to people like Faeron. BK training, but not official. I'd call most of them EX BKs.