Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Event Interest Inventory
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As the title of this thread says, don't take this as any sure-fire 'WE DOIN THIS CHAPS, BUCKLE IN', but rather I'd like to see what people think of three ideas for a possible event chain, once the current one has concluded. I'll put up a poll for this, but please register your comment below if you have an issue with these events, or would like to clarify your support of a specific idea.

Event 1: Stonetalon, Alliance vs Horde

(As you can see these names are very creative.) I had actually began this chain before, but it was dropped due to the people involved going inactive. This event would involve a reboot of the battles which at the beginning of the server restart were set up through Stonetalon, as well as Ashenvale. While I had only initially planned a Horde plotline to follow this event chain, I do believe if I'm enlarging it into a server-wide participation that a Night Elven plot would be quite possible as well.

There will be glaive throwers and demolishers, giant tauren and those weird stag-elf-men-thing. The battle follows an Elven offensive down into Stonetalon from the peak, cutting off the Horde from its outposts in the region and laying them to siege. Battles will mostly be PvE, despite the faction fighting.

Event 2: Mimiron's Anchorage - Product Launch

This was the starting point for the Anchorage plotline I had originally conceived. It would begin with a bit of a start up party to attract people, then begin to dole out work. After a bit of 'normal' activity in a city full of engineers, a discovery kicks in and people are assembled to aid the town.

I don't wish to spoil too much on this, so that's all the summary I'm giving: It has mutants, explosions, and a parasite, and would again be PvE. Players will have the chance to man heavy machinery such as shredders and go on bombing runs against enemy targets. A lot of player reaction determines how the plot moves.

Event 3: The Mistwalkers: March to Tanaris

Ever play Troll Tribes on Warcraft III? This idea is largely based off of that, and revolves around Mistwalker trolls (the trolls in Azshara) who are trying to promote their tribe and the troll way of life by taking groups on something of a wilderness retreat. Participants strip down to the basics- cloth armor and their fists to fend for themselves in the wilds. The Mistwalkers lead and watch over the participants, making sure none of them get their heads bitten off by crocodiles. Characters will make their own weapons, armor, and parts of their camp following Mistwalker guidance, making their way as nomads from Azshara to Tanaris to visit the troll ruins in the desert.

Hunt! Fight! Live! Be a troll!

And that's it. Tell me what you think!
I love the Stonetalon idea. I'm always in for tension between the Alliance and Horde, and Ashenvale is filled to the brim with it.

As for the Anchorage idea...
Quote:It has mutants, explosions, and a parasite
You had me at hello good sir. This sounds completely awesome.

I'm not as interested in the survival idea, but that's just because I don't really like survival RP. Tanaris isn't exactly my favorite zone either.
Event 1 and event 2 have my votes, although.. Voted event 1 seeing I couldn't vote two!

Rawr, they both sound awesome. I'm not much of a troll though.
Event 2! and Event 3! Aaaah!
I like Event one and three. Basically, One is what I've been semi-planning, and three is something Kairg would do.
Stonetalon! Alliance vs. Horde! NElves all the way!
A bit of a bump.

From the scarce amount of votes it seems I will be pursuing the Stonetalon event line. I'll be posting up a more in depth thing on this, and try to lay down some dates soon-ish.
Why not do them all?

I find each of the three truly alluring.
LostStranger Wrote:Why not do them all?

I believe this is more of a which comes first deal. It's not like they'd give us a choice when all three are possible after each other.

... Would they?
Reese777 Wrote:
LostStranger Wrote:Why not do them all?

I believe this is more of a which comes first deal. It's not like they'd give us a choice when all three are possible after each other.

... Would they?

Indeed! While one event could possibly do an overlap with one of the other two, the Anchorage and Stonetalon ones will be somewhat intensive for me to handle, all things considered. I don't really think I could do justice to the pair if I attempted to run them both at once, thus this poll for interest to help me determine what I want to focus on first.

Which, as you see, is Stonetalon.

viewtopic.php?f=125&t=28138