Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Blood Magic?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So... If anyone has played Dragon Age: Origins, Awaking, or Dragon Age 2... You most likely know of Blood Magic.

Is it even possible for arcane to be used to conjure and control blood into attacks and spells? Not quite like Death Knights, perhaps a bit like Necromancers... But not exactly. I have a character idea that would use the tactics and techniques of a Blood Mage in DA. However, not sure if it is possible.

A show of blood magic is.. Here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_-TZbRc ... re=related

Skip to 9:20, for this video.

Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWoO3tgWScE[/youtube]

Anyways, this is a spur of the moment question.. I been playing Dragon Age too much lately for my own good. Feel free to slam me down and tell me never to talk again, or attempt to find a loop hole into allowing it! :3
Blood magic is pretty cool, but it honestly seems to work like the Fel of Dragon Age.

Not sure how you could work it in, except maybe as a death knight or necromancer, as you mentioned.
Someone mentioned Blood Magic. I was all "... Do want..."

/dragonageface
As neat of a concept as it is (As would be the mages being oppressed due to their easy corruption), it is just in Death Knights and Necromancers, really.
Hmm.. Perhaps I'll have to make a living death knight for the method that I require, as creating another Necromancer is not allowed.

Thank you all for your input!
Ohgodnotanotherfreakinglivedeathknight

Besides aren't blood elves capable of being Blood Mages? Probably not the same thing, but you can still parade around going "TEMPLARZ SCUMZ"
JackofBlades Wrote:Ohgodnotanotherfreakinglivedeathknight

Besides aren't blood elves capable of being Blood Mages? Probably not the same thing, but you can still parade around going "TEMPLARZ SCUMZ"

JackofBlades Wrote:Ohgodnotanotherfreakinglivedeathknight

JackofBlades Wrote:notanotherfreakinglivedeathknight

JackofBlades Wrote:livedeathknight

Do not worry, he will not be seeking to redeem himself, nor find the love of his dreams. Simply working as a merc to sate his hunger to kill every living being in his sights. He will know that society wishes him gone, his homeland rejects him, and no one understands what he has actually been through, therefore he shuns all.

... Hopefully, he'll be a shell and remain a shell.

And, I do not believe Blood Elves can use blood magic... However.. A group of Blood Knights raining light-hell on the warlocks similar to templars bring a smile to my face. :D

Perhaps Krian could do this....
On the other hand, what would be the best class for a Templar? I'd been wanting to make a Mage-Hunter, even before I left the live servers, but never got around to it. I'm thinking Warrior, mainly for the Spell Reflect, what do you guys think?
A Mage-Hunter would be a Spellbreaker but that is a prestige class. A Warrior wouldn't ICly be able to have Spell Reflect unless they had their shield enchanted with such an attribute.

I would believe the best thing to fight a mage with, ICly, would probably be a Mage, Hunter or Paladin.
Or a Warlock! Note that warlocks have the Fel Hunter demonic pet, which is the best for tackling casters. They also have a few spells that involve silencing casters and stealing their mana.

Of course.. People might dislike you for being a warlock, but remember how Templars have their men addicted to lyirum? Well, this is your sin for the 'greater good'. /nod
I like this! ^^
And when you think of it, paladins also have said silencing spells -and- they tend to have the whole light/chantry thing going on.
To be honest illusions are so much cooler... and once again, to be honest, WoW and DA would be lairs to say they made something original. It's all from similar sources so you will find similar things in both of them. Buuut... I dunno still. There are lots of interesting things to do in WoW and lots of lore which isn't used much, and locations, you'll probably make a more interesting character that way. Or do what I did, Lucius and the Void was based off of dragon age.. at first. But then I was like, "Screw dragon age... check out shamanism and their powers, and voodoo... oh wow troll lore." mix it all up and make something pretty good.

It's just my opinion, you don't have to follow it and I don't want it to come across as me telling you what to do.

Peace.
Isn't it what darkfallens do?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZZUXAFZEI3jAbo_oYR2f...xXsXLm&t=1]

(Issue was taken care of. No need to post again. :\)